Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Welcome back football
furmbeezle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: me
Welcome back football
No matter if you are a republican or a democrat, we can all agree that it is great to have football back 04-cheers ......even though you conservatives hate America.
09-03-2010 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
RE: Welcome back football
As long as we've got the per-post ratings and such, it would be interesting to use that to find out why posters have been banned. It's a frequent puzzle as to why certain posters get banned, and having a rating or some similar mechanism to point out why would help.

Of course, we all know that f**b**zl** is just another sock puppet, but ...
09-07-2010 06:27 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
From what I've seen people get banned because they're spammers or they did something stupid on a different part of this board. But I'll admit I'd like to know what they did so I know where the line is drawn.
09-07-2010 08:42 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(09-07-2010 08:42 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  From what I've seen people get banned because they're spammers or they did something stupid on a different part of this board. But I'll admit I'd like to know what they did so I know where the line is drawn.

I'd like to think that after 5,700+ posts, you'd get a PM once you start toeing or crossing that line.
09-07-2010 11:18 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
For me, it's more like rubbernecking at the scene of an accident. f**b**zl** seems to have a threshhold of about 3 days or 25 posts, after which either he melts down or the admins decide he's had his time in the yard and it's time to go back to solitary. I think it's kind of an unwritten agreement.
09-08-2010 02:31 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
His crime is he keeps coming back and re-registering after he's been banned. His original moniker was given PLENTY of chances.

BTW, no, I didn't ban him.
09-08-2010 07:11 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
So is he going to be aloowed to come back? Short Leash? or just banned on a whim????
09-08-2010 08:32 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
He's already been given a number of chances which he squandered. If given another chance, what makes you think the outcome will be any different?
09-08-2010 08:35 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
I'm pretty sure his presence on the big east boards sends someone into fits. f**b**z**l** isn't even an interesting case. Some of the other posters that have been banned are probably more controversial. I don't suggest that banning posters be put to popular vote, but I do think some transparency is beneficial.
09-08-2010 12:19 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
What I don't get about him. Why would you keep up the same moniker. I'm the one who figured out the Clayton Bigsby. That was great btw. He was on for months with that one.
09-08-2010 01:24 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(09-03-2010 06:22 PM)furmbeezle Wrote:  No matter if you are a republican or a democrat, we can all agree that it is great to have football back 04-cheers ......even though you conservatives hate America.

R.I.P. my friend. You'll be missed. See you in the next life. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 01:57 PM by cb4029.)
09-08-2010 01:55 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(09-08-2010 01:55 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(09-03-2010 06:22 PM)furmbeezle Wrote:  No matter if you are a republican or a democrat, we can all agree that it is great to have football back 04-cheers ......even though you conservatives hate America.

R.I.P. my friend. You'll be missed. See you in the next life. 05-stirthepot

bermfuzzle? fizzburmle? buzzfimmle?
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 02:20 PM by BlazerFan11.)
09-08-2010 02:19 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(09-08-2010 12:19 PM)I45owl Wrote:  I'm pretty sure his presence on the big east boards sends someone into fits. f**b**z**l** isn't even an interesting case. Some of the other posters that have been banned are probably more controversial. I don't suggest that banning posters be put to popular vote, but I do think some transparency is beneficial.

Not true at all... he was banned due to personal shots at admins on this site (I banned him originally). We gave him a 2nd chance, and he did it again (even created a new handle making fun of the same admin).

As a side note, I did not ban him either of his last 2 times coming back.
09-08-2010 03:49 PM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
It was a heck of a 1st week especially if you're a fan of an underdog team. Some upsets and alot of near misses.
09-08-2010 04:07 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(09-08-2010 04:07 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  It was a heck of a 1st week especially if you're a fan of an underdog team. Some upsets and alot of near misses.

[Image: rp_primary_CLR_JSU_PRIMARYlowres%5B1%5D+copy.jpg]
09-08-2010 04:37 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-08-2010 04:37 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(09-08-2010 04:07 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  It was a heck of a 1st week especially if you're a fan of an underdog team. Some upsets and alot of near misses.

Aw man, f--- you. 04-chairshot
09-08-2010 04:42 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(09-08-2010 04:42 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(09-08-2010 04:37 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  

Aw man, f--- you. 04-chairshot

Sorry about the loss Reb. I assume that the alums are calling for HN's head to be roasted on spit.03-banghead

I feel your pain...but...It sure was fun being a PIRATE last Sunday!!04-cheers
09-08-2010 08:04 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I'm not one of those homer fans that calls for the firing of our coach after a loss. He brought us two Cotton Bowl victories and consecutive 9-4 seasons after 3 of the worst seasons on record. I'd say he has a little capital to work with. This is also a rebuilding year. You can't lose a John Jerry, Greg Hardy, Peria Jerry, Mike Wallace, Michael Oher, Jevan Snead (yes, even him), Dexter McCluster, etc. in two years and expect to be able to pick up where you left off.
09-09-2010 07:36 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(09-09-2010 07:36 AM)Rebel Wrote:  I'm not one of those homer fans that calls for the firing of our coach after a loss. He brought us two Cotton Bowl victories and consecutive 9-4 seasons after 3 of the worst seasons on record. I'd say he has a little capital to work with. This is also a rebuilding year. You can't lose a John Jerry, Greg Hardy, Peria Jerry, Mike Wallace, Michael Oher, Jevan Snead (yes, even him), Dexter McCluster, etc. in two years and expect to be able to pick up where you left off.

He went 9-4 with a loaded team handed to him by Orgeron. We'll see how he fares over the next few years with his own recruits. He couldn't even win the SEC West when he had three future NFL running backs on the same team. There was a reason Arkansas fans wanted to run him out of town.
09-09-2010 08:57 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-09-2010 08:57 AM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  
(09-09-2010 07:36 AM)Rebel Wrote:  I'm not one of those homer fans that calls for the firing of our coach after a loss. He brought us two Cotton Bowl victories and consecutive 9-4 seasons after 3 of the worst seasons on record. I'd say he has a little capital to work with. This is also a rebuilding year. You can't lose a John Jerry, Greg Hardy, Peria Jerry, Mike Wallace, Michael Oher, Jevan Snead (yes, even him), Dexter McCluster, etc. in two years and expect to be able to pick up where you left off.

He went 9-4 with a loaded team handed to him by Orgeron. We'll see how he fares over the next few years with his own recruits. He couldn't even win the SEC West when he had three future NFL running backs on the same team. There was a reason Arkansas fans wanted to run him out of town.

He did win the SEC West. I care more about his coaching than his recruiting. It's up to his assistants to recruit. Orgeron was the master of this under Carroll and when he was at Miami. He just can't coach for ****.
09-09-2010 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.