Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisville/Cincy/WVU fans
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
Louisville/Cincy/WVU fans
The Big12 is probably going to expand sometime soon. Of the BE & non-bcs expansion options its pretty clear that BYU wants in and their revenue potential they show by going independent is pretty good.

How would you feel about going to the Big12 north with BYU as a partner?

New B12 north: BYU-ISU-KU-KSU-Mizzou- Your School

BYU has made the tourney regularly and is very solid in football and all sports.
The Big12 south speaks for itself. It also seems more stable than the BE if a worst case raiding happened.
UL-UC-USF-WVU would only be 4 and you need 5 to hold the BCS bid
BU-ISU-KSU-BYU-UL would be 5 and could add tcu and maybe the another BE school or Memphis if needed. Also KU and Mizzou are probably left out so they may still be around as well.

Would you want to jump if offered now?
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2010 02:59 PM by 1845 Bear.)
08-21-2010 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jnewyouth Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Louisville/Cincy/WVU fans
I would only want UC to jump if we are jumping with UofL. Our two schools are great rivals and have been conference mates since the beginning of time, I would hate to see one go anywhere without the other.
08-21-2010 03:14 PM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
If things don't work out with Big East and the raiding starts, then yes I'd be an interested in the Big 12 as a UL fan. It wouldn't require a traveling partner either, just a place to set up shop in the BCS and compete in football/basketball/baseball with other elite teams.

Couple of things Sammy:
1. Are you getting some insider info here on this or just trying to read the tea leaves, with the latest being the tv network talks this week?

2. Your second option appears to show the Big 12 falling apart, are you hearing something on this?
08-21-2010 03:25 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-21-2010 03:25 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  If things don't work out with Big East and the raiding starts, then yes I'd be an interested in the Big 12 as a UL fan. It wouldn't require a traveling partner either, just a place to set up shop in the BCS and compete in football/basketball/baseball with other elite teams.

Couple of things Sammy:
1. Are you getting some insider info here on this or just trying to read the tea leaves, with the latest being the tv network talks this week?

2. Your second option appears to show the Big 12 falling apart, are you hearing something on this?

IF the raiding starts there will be NO BIG 12, they will be raided along with Big East.
You guys think that Big Ten will expand withput ND?
You guys think SEC will expand without Texas,AM or Oklahoma?
You guys think the ACC is dying to take Big East teams?

this entire board has gone insane with all these insane raid ideas.
08-21-2010 03:39 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
I'd only want to go to the Big 12 if the Big East shows no inclination to expand and improve. Truthfully, my first desire is to stay in an improved and expanded Big East conference. Now, as far as the University, I would bet that Louisville would be interested. And I would bet that they have the ear of Cincinnati. WVU, I'm not sure. I do know that WVU is a very close ally of Cincinnati's and probably Louisville's, so that would become interesting. By the way, there is more of a chance of that happening then people think because those schools would still be safe, whether Texas and its crew left or not.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2010 03:48 PM by CatsClaw.)
08-21-2010 03:45 PM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
(08-21-2010 03:39 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(08-21-2010 03:25 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  If things don't work out with Big East and the raiding starts, then yes I'd be an interested in the Big 12 as a UL fan. It wouldn't require a traveling partner either, just a place to set up shop in the BCS and compete in football/basketball/baseball with other elite teams.

Couple of things Sammy:

IF the raiding starts there will be NO BIG 12, they will be raided along with Big East.

No, you might be going overboard here. "You guys thinK"....

Its possible that the Big Ten takes a couple from BE and ACC takes a couple and leaves us others to look for a new home.
08-21-2010 03:51 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
5 14 team conferences could be a good thing... UL, UC, Memphis, BYU would fit well in the Big XII, Syracuse and Rutgers would fit well in the Big 10... Pitt and WVU would fit well in the ACC... And i'd feel bad for UConn and USF but you'd be left behind in this scenerio. Nothing personal here. Not sure who the Pac and SEC picks up here. I don't care anymore. If people can't see the bigger picture that expanding with teams that don't add anything and want to leave. The door is wide open. Leave. Pitt will be fine regardless.
08-21-2010 04:02 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-21-2010 03:51 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(08-21-2010 03:39 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

Couple of things Sammy:

No, you might be going overboard here. "You guys thinK"....

Its possible that the Big Ten takes a couple from BE and ACC takes a couple and leaves us others to look for a new home.

The ACC just signed a TV contract that is very favorable for them, they are still not all that gung ho at the last expansion. I really doubt the ACC would be adding anyone from Big east unless they were raided.
08-21-2010 04:20 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I don't see the B-12 as any more stable than the Big East at this point. It does sound good to be able to play UT/OU at home every couple years, but I figure they'll bolt before too long.

There was a recent poll, and I stated the following preferences:

1. Stay in BE, and if be gets raided, see below...
2. B-12 if UT/OU still around
3. ACC
4. Bare-bones B-12 if UT/OU/... leave
5. 03-weeping 03-hissyfit

I didn't bother with B-11,12,13... or SEC, as those are pipe dreams to the extreme.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2010 04:25 PM by Ring of Black.)
08-21-2010 04:24 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
Why do people keep thinking that when commissioners say a conference isn't interested in expanding, that must mean that they secretly are interested?
08-21-2010 04:27 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(08-21-2010 03:39 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  this entire board has gone insane with all these insane raid ideas.
This has been true since before this particular board was created. I think they only created it to stop me from b!tch!ng at all the moronic statements by the expansion/split conspiracy theorists...
08-21-2010 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-21-2010 04:24 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  I don't see the B-12 as any more stable than the Big East at this point. It does sound good to be able to play UT/OU at home every couple years, but I figure they'll bolt before too long.

There was a recent poll, and I stated the following preferences:

1. Stay in BE, and if be gets raided, see below...
2. B-12 if UT/OU still around
3. ACC
4. Bare-bones B-12 if UT/OU/... leave
5. 03-weeping 03-hissyfit

I didn't bother with B-11,12,13... or SEC, as those are pipe dreams to the extreme.

It's not so much that the Big 12 is more stable, it's more flexible. Trust me, we would be in great shape in the Big 12 whether or not Texas and its crew were there.
08-21-2010 04:47 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-21-2010 04:27 PM)BullsFanatic Wrote:  Why do people keep thinking that when commissioners say a conference isn't interested in expanding, that must mean that they secretly are interested?

Because times change. Slive also said that the SEC wasn't interested in expanding. Also, Beebe isn't running the Big 12, he's more of a figure head and someone trying to keep his job. That being said, I'm hoping the Big East is looking at this recent non-BCS merger and getting ready to act.
08-21-2010 04:48 PM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(08-21-2010 04:02 PM)animus Wrote:  5 14 team conferences could be a good thing... UL, UC, Memphis, BYU would fit well in the Big XII, Syracuse and Rutgers would fit well in the Big 10... Pitt and WVU would fit well in the ACC... And i'd feel bad for UConn and USF but you'd be left behind in this scenerio. Nothing personal here. Not sure who the Pac and SEC picks up here. I don't care anymore. If people can't see the bigger picture that expanding with teams that don't add anything and want to leave. The door is wide open. Leave. Pitt will be fine regardless.

I see UConn in the ACC over WVU. WVU is more Big 12 or SEC-ish, IMHO. Your BY Brawl will have to be an OOC game, animus.
08-21-2010 04:50 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-21-2010 04:50 PM)Murph1 Wrote:  
(08-21-2010 04:02 PM)animus Wrote:  5 14 team conferences could be a good thing... UL, UC, Memphis, BYU would fit well in the Big XII, Syracuse and Rutgers would fit well in the Big 10... Pitt and WVU would fit well in the ACC... And i'd feel bad for UConn and USF but you'd be left behind in this scenerio. Nothing personal here. Not sure who the Pac and SEC picks up here. I don't care anymore. If people can't see the bigger picture that expanding with teams that don't add anything and want to leave. The door is wide open. Leave. Pitt will be fine regardless.

I see UConn in the ACC over WVU. WVU is more Big 12 or SEC-ish, IMHO. Your BY Brawl will have to be an OOC game, animus.

I agree, I could see the ACC wanting UConn just to get further into the Northeast, and a partner for UConn. Of course, this is all a moot point if the Big East expands and starts up our network.
08-21-2010 04:51 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I'd prefer to stay with UL, WVU, and Pitt. Having rivals within an easy drive is priceless. Not many easy roadtrips in the B12.
08-21-2010 05:41 PM
Advertisement

1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor

Couple of things Sammy:

1- Mainly reading tea leaves but really I have heard that expansion will probably happen in the next 2 years. Deal with CU & NU legal payouts then expand. Helps prove damages & such.

I do think BYU will be invited as the move to indy is laying the groundwork for a move in some respects. I think UofL is a very real possibility with proximity, facilities, and recent BCS and final 4 success. Jurich is doing an outstanding job there. Academics may hurt them though from UT & ATM perspective.

2- I only think UT and others bolt en masse if the money isnt there and it should be there till 2020 as Mizzou is really the only potential B10 target and IMO only if they go 16.

I was just pointing out a more beneficial worst case scenario with #2.

BullsFanatic- Not interested right now doesn't mean never interested.

CubanBull- Only way B12 falls apart is if we lose Mizzou on top of the other 6. Otherwise we reload. Number to keep is 5 for autobid, so 2 new teams on top of the almost gurranteed 3 of BU-KSU-ISU would do it.

I have read the bylaws on this.
08-21-2010 05:48 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
Sorry, I'm just laughing at you guys biting at the bait of a Baylor fan. Baylor is going to do and say whatever they can in order to remain relevant on the national landscape. The only reason they were in the Big XII was because of Ann Richards and the politics in Texas, and when those same politicians tried to use their pull for the Pac-10 and get Baylor included over Colorado, the Pac-10 stopped that in their tracks. Baylor = Vanderbilt - a private institution drawing big boy money but not willing to do what it takes to get the job done. There's a reason why Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Missouri were meeting with representatives of the Big East without bringing Baylor representatives along.

Look, I'm not sitting here talking like USF is guaranteed a spot at the highest level of competition when all the dust settles, but I feel that USF's future outlook is brighter than Baylor's. And frankly, I'm shocked that so many Big East fans are sufficiently gullible to fall for this crap...

USFFan
08-21-2010 05:53 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Not for nothing but Baylor and Vandy are solid in the majority of the other sports they field so its not as though they do nothing. Remember every conference needs a team to finish last, few conferences will have that team change fairly frequently like the Big East will/has.
08-21-2010 05:59 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
It would take a lot for WVU to leave Pitt (yes...a call from the SEC would qualify). I would guess that WVU would stongly prefer to be in a larger ACC that would include Pitt and WVUs other regional Va Tech, Uva and Maryland. I can't see alot of interest in going west unless there is no where else to go.

Jackson
08-21-2010 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.