SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Jihadis convert YouTube into terror-recruiting tool
Jihadis convert YouTube into terror-recruiting tool

Al-Qaida ally posting news, violence-inciting rants online

Posted: May 23, 2010 12:00 am Eastern

By Drew Zahn 2010 WorldNetDaily

Islamic terrorists plotting attacks in the U.S. are recruiting, taking credit for bombings and calling for even more violence – all with the help of a popular U.S.-based website: YouTube.

In fact, the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan – a group White House counterterrorism czar John Brennan said is "closely allied with al-Qaeda; they train together, they plan together, they plot together" – maintains a YouTube channel for posting news and violence-inciting rants.

"Today, dated 19th April 2010, through media I want to convey an important message to the Muslim ummah," states a video still viewable on the group's YouTube channel, reportedly with the voice of leader Hakeemullah Mehsud to the "ummah," meaning the spread of Muslims throughout the globe.

"America, which is the biggest evil of this world, [has] savagely massacred millions of innocent Muslims," the video continues. "From now on, the main targets of our fidaeen are American cities."

The video, which begins with the words "A message to the Muslim ummah and a warning to USA and NATO allies … step back or get ready to be destroyed," then shows a map of the U.S. with explosions erupting throughout.

"America/NATO, you will pay for your crimes," it concludes.

The Middle East Media Research Institute, a non-partisan, non-profit group that translates and analyzes Middle Eastern communications for Western nations, also discovered a video on the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan page claiming credit for the fizzled bomb scare in New York City's Times Square.

The video, since removed, but still viewable elsewhere on YouTube, declares, "We Tehreek-e-Taliban with all the pride and bravery, take full responsibility for the attack on Times Square. We also congratulate the Muslim ummah with all the pleasure and happiness."

The message appears beneath the words, "Allah (swt) is with the steadfast and patient ones. We will break the jaws of Satan's USA."

MEMRI has also been tracking YouTube posts of U.S.-born Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki.

Al-Awlaki, who has been labeled in the Saudi media as "the Bin Laden of the Internet," has also been linked to Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the Christmas Day "underwear" bomber and the attempted Fort Dix bombers.

According to a MEMRI report last year, Al-Awlaki's lectures, sermons and compilation videos supporting his jihadist philosophy were viewed on YouTube nearly three million times and counting.

"These clips include Al-Awlaki calling Muslims to jihad, expressions of support for martyrdom attacks and encouragement to kill American soldiers," writes MEMRI Executive Director Steven Stalinsky.
05-23-2010 07:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
RE: Jihadis convert YouTube into terror-recruiting tool
Wow. How about that. Just like tea-bagging militants post their crap on You Tube.
05-23-2010 11:10 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(05-23-2010 11:10 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Wow. How about that. Just like tea-bagging militants post their crap on You Tube.

Yeah, only tea baggers are militants

05-23-2010 12:38 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Well I don't see tea partiers cutting peoples heads of on video. Thats strictly for the Jihadists whom we know Roberta is a supporter of. What a lameass ignorant Militant asslicker you are Roberta. Threads like these show your true colors.
05-23-2010 12:54 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(05-23-2010 11:10 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Wow. How about that. Just like tea-bagging militants post their crap on You Tube.

You truly are a waste of space.

Links to any tea party militants on youtube? Or even simpler, can you even identify a single tea party militant? I can give you a list of leftist fascist militants and terrorist sympathizers beginning in your house all the way to The White House.
05-23-2010 01:07 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

You're not actually drawing a moral equivalency between jihadists advocating the physical destruction of the US and soccer moms protesting trillion-dollar bailouts and entitlement packages, are you? My hope is that you don't actually believe this bollocks, and you only want to fish for a rise out of a conservative-leaning message board.
05-23-2010 03:48 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-23-2010 12:38 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Did I say there weren't militants other than tea-baggers? NO. I said the tea-bagging militants are on there too. It is a way to get your message out to the world so it isn't surprising it is being used by both groups and other groups not mentioned.
05-23-2010 03:54 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(05-23-2010 03:48 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

You're not actually drawing a moral equivalency between jihadists advocating the physical destruction of the US and soccer moms protesting trillion-dollar bailouts and entitlement packages, are you? My hope is that you don't actually believe this bollocks, and you only want to fish for a rise out of a conservative-leaning message board.

He probably is
05-23-2010 03:58 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-23-2010 12:54 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Well I don't see tea partiers cutting peoples heads of on video. Thats strictly for the Jihadists whom we know Roberta is a supporter of. What a lameass ignorant Militant asslicker you are Roberta. Threads like these show your true colors.
My true colors are the red, white and blue of the American flag. Yours are red, white and blue of the stars and bars flag.
05-23-2010 03:58 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(05-23-2010 03:54 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(05-23-2010 12:38 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Did I say there weren't militants other than tea-baggers? NO. I said the tea-bagging militants are on there too. It is a way to get your message out to the world so it isn't surprising it is being used by both groups and other groups not mentioned.

So instead of saying the tea party was militant, why didn't you use one of the ofther groups?
05-23-2010 03:59 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-23-2010 01:07 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

You truly are a waste of space.

Links to any tea party militants on youtube? Or even simpler, can you even identify a single tea party militant? I can give you a list of leftist fascist militants and terrorist sympathizers beginning in your house all the way to The White House.
You, Rebel, SOAF, S&M. THere are 4 right there. Btw, you are a waste of air.
05-23-2010 04:01 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-23-2010 03:48 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

No.
05-23-2010 04:03 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(05-23-2010 04:01 PM)RobertN Wrote:  You, Rebel, SOAF, S&M. THere are 4 right there. Btw, you are a waste of air.

Still waiting on that one example of tea partiers being militant.

...and no, you flippin' moron, disagreeing with your stupid ass isn't being "militant". It's called being sensible and sane.
05-24-2010 07:45 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.