Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arizona Bill To Require Birth Certificate From Obama For 2012
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Arizona Bill To Require Birth Certificate From Obama For 2012
OWL, don't tell me this sh!t is settled in law..... The Day is comming for the truth, unless Obama decides not to run for re-election

Ariz House: Check Obama's Citizenship

POSTED: 7:15 pm MST April 19, 2010

UPDATED: 10:04 am MST April 21, 2010

PHOENIX -- The Arizona House on Monday voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state's ballot when he runs for reelection.
The House voted 31-22 to add the provision to a separate bill. The measure still faces a formal vote.

It would require U.S. presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the constitutional requirements to be president.

Phoenix Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema said the bill is one of several measures that are making Arizona "the laughing stock of the nation."
Mesa Republican Rep. Cecil Ash said he has no reason to doubt Obama's citizenship but supports the measure because it could help end doubt.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2010 01:00 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
04-21-2010 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
RE: Arizona Bill To Require Birth Certificate From Obama For 2012
Yeah, the nutcases in Arizona are going nutty. First this crap(which won't do anything but make the leaders look like fools), then allowing anyone who is over 21 and not a felon to carry concealed weapons with no permit needed and the racist immigration bill. The trifecta of stupidity.
04-21-2010 01:57 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(04-21-2010 01:57 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, the nutcases in Arizona are going nutty. First this crap(which won't do anything but make the leaders look like fools), then allowing anyone who is over 21 and not a felon to carry concealed weapons with no permit needed and the racist immigration bill. The trifecta of stupidity.

Sounds like someone made copies of the Constitution and finally got everyone to read it.
04-21-2010 02:26 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-21-2010 02:26 PM)Paul M Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 01:57 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Yeah, the nutcases in Arizona are going nutty. First this crap(which won't do anything but make the leaders look like fools), then allowing anyone who is over 21 and not a felon to carry concealed weapons with no permit needed and the racist immigration bill. The trifecta of stupidity.

Sounds like someone made copies of the Constitution and finally got everyone to read it.
03-lmfao
04-21-2010 02:28 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
This is great. A perfect example of state's rights. You want to get on that state's ballot, prove your legitimate citizenship.

Great thing is, only hard core obamaphiles will oppose it. After all, it's a trivial action. Heck, with DHS rules, you need a birth certificate to get a driver's license.

Hopefully other states follow suit.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2010 02:34 PM by DrTorch.)
04-21-2010 02:32 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(04-21-2010 02:32 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  This is great. A perfect example of state's rights. You want to get on that state's ballot, prove your legitimate citizenship.

Great thing is, only hard core obamaphiles will oppose it. After all, it's a trivial action. Heck, with DHS rules, you need a birth certificate to get a driver's license.

Hopefully other states follow suit.

What's telling will be that John McCain will have to get on board with the eligibility issue, even thought he wouldn't touch it during the 2008 campaign.
04-21-2010 02:58 PM
Advertisement

jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Just out of curiosity, what document proves John McCain was eligible to run (I'm not arguing that he wasn't, just wondering how you prove he was)?
04-21-2010 03:12 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(04-21-2010 03:12 PM)jh Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, what document proves John McCain was eligible to run (I'm not arguing that he wasn't, just wondering how you prove he was)?

McCain is pretty old, I think he got special dispensation from James Monroe.
04-21-2010 03:21 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-21-2010 03:21 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 03:12 PM)jh Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, what document proves John McCain was eligible to run (I'm not arguing that he wasn't, just wondering how you prove he was)?

McCain is pretty old, I think he got special dispensation from James Monroe.
He probably got permission from Noriega.
04-21-2010 03:25 PM
Hambone10 Online
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

His birth certificate says he was born on base in the canal zone to a military officer and his wife. By definition, a military hospital is US soil, even in another country. You can't fake the stone carvings... and he didn't win... so its moot
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2010 03:26 PM by Hambone10.)
04-21-2010 03:25 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Róger Calero ran for President in 2004 and 2008. Born in Nicaragua to Nicaraguan parents, he's not a Natural Born Citizen, not a citizen at all, and yet got on the ballot of several state. The people responsible for upholding the Constitution and making sure these people are eligible to be President don't give a sh!t.
04-21-2010 03:48 PM
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(04-21-2010 03:48 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Róger Calero ran for President in 2004 and 2008. Born in Nicaragua to Nicaraguan parents, he's not a Natural Born Citizen, not a citizen at all, and yet got on the ballot of several state. The people responsible for upholding the Constitution and making sure these people are eligible to be President don't give a sh!t.

Neither do I. 05-stirthepot
04-21-2010 04:10 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(04-21-2010 03:25 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

His birth certificate says he was born on base in the canal zone to a military officer and his wife. By definition, a military hospital is US soil, even in another country. You can't fake the stone carvings... and he didn't win... so its moot

It's not moot, because I'm not arguing that he wasn't qualified. I have no doubt that he is. I'm asking what he would have had to produce to prove that he was.

Puerto Rico is US soil yet you've already argued that it's not settled law as to whether or not someone from Puerto Rico is eligible.

Does his birth certificate say whether or not both of his parents were citizens (many have argued that he was a natural born citizen because both, or at least one, of his parents were citizens)? I'm almost certain they both were (I looked it up) but does it say it on his birth certificate? Would he have to produce their birth certificates to prove that they were both citizens and therefore eligible to pass their citizenship on to him?
04-21-2010 04:16 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(04-21-2010 04:10 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 03:48 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Róger Calero ran for President in 2004 and 2008. Born in Nicaragua to Nicaraguan parents, he's not a Natural Born Citizen, not a citizen at all, and yet got on the ballot of several state. The people responsible for upholding the Constitution and making sure these people are eligible to be President don't give a sh!t.

Neither do I. 05-stirthepot

One day you are going to have to get off the porch.
04-21-2010 04:18 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(04-21-2010 04:16 PM)jh Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 03:25 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

It's not moot, because I'm not arguing that he wasn't qualified. I have no doubt that he is. I'm asking what he would have had to produce to prove that he was.

Puerto Rico is US soil yet you've already argued that it's not settled law as to whether or not someone from Puerto Rico is eligible.

Does his birth certificate say whether or not both of his parents were citizens (many have argued that he was a natural born citizen because both, or at least one, of his parents were citizens)? I'm almost certain they both were (I looked it up) but does it say it on his birth certificate? Would he have to produce their birth certificates to prove that they were both citizens and therefore eligible to pass their citizenship on to him?

Actually since there was a question and the Dems kept bringing it up, So, They voted in congress to certify McCain as natural born. But failed to even consider Obama because, I think, he was black and nobody in congress wanted to ring that bell. Even though there was some doubt.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2010 04:22 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
04-21-2010 04:21 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(04-21-2010 04:21 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Actually since there was a question and the Dems kept bringing it up, So, They voted in congress to certify McCain as natural born. But failed to even consider Obama because, I think, he was black and nobody in congress wanted to ring that bell. Even though there was some doubt.

They voted to express their opinion (which again, I agree with) that McCain was eligible. It had no legal standing.
04-21-2010 04:24 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline

(04-21-2010 04:24 PM)jh Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 04:21 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Actually since there was a question and the Dems kept bringing it up, So, They voted in congress to certify McCain as natural born. But failed to even consider Obama because, I think, he was black and nobody in congress wanted to ring that bell. Even though there was some doubt.

They voted to express their opinion (which again, I agree with) that McCain was eligible. It had no legal standing.

Apparently, It had plenty of legal standing because he was certified for ran for president. Your comment that the vote had "no legal standing' is irrelevant on the face of it.
04-21-2010 04:28 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(04-21-2010 04:28 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

Apparently, It had plenty of legal standing because he was certified for ran for president. Your comment that the vote had "no legal standing' is irrelevant on the face of it.

I'm glad you finally agreed that if someone is certified to run for president then they are eligible. I'm going to miss your birther threads, though.

Just to make you more comfortable, I found something from WorldNetDaily.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=88566
Quote:According to a report in the Washington Post, the Senate unanimously declared McCain to be a "natural born" citizen, meeting the demand of Article 2 of the Constitution, which states, "no person except a natural born citizen … shall be eligible to the office of president."

The report, however, pointed out that such a statement was opinion only, and the constitutional question actually isn't so simple.
Emphasis mine.
04-21-2010 04:38 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(04-21-2010 04:38 PM)jh Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 04:28 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  

I'm glad you finally agreed that if someone is certified to run for president then they are eligible. I'm going to miss your birther threads, though.

Just to make you more comfortable, I found something from WorldNetDaily.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=88566
Quote:According to a report in the Washington Post, the Senate unanimously declared McCain to be a "natural born" citizen, meeting the demand of Article 2 of the Constitution, which states, "no person except a natural born citizen … shall be eligible to the office of president."

The report, however, pointed out that such a statement was opinion only, and the constitutional question actually isn't so simple.
Emphasis mine.

Congress certified McCain as natural born, Who certified Obama?

Who are you kidding, the birther movement is just getting started.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2010 05:01 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
04-21-2010 04:40 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes

I see nothing wrong with proving who your are. We have eligibility requirements for getting a job, driver's license, etc., why not hold every future president to the same standards? Besides, if he really is a natural born citizen then this won't be a problem, right?

Racist immigration bill? enacting a law that mirrors a federal law which is all but ignored is racist? I already know what your argument is going to be: Anyone who looks Mexican is automatically deemed illegal. I'll counter that by saying you lefties think that anyone who's a tea partier is a racist. what's the diff?
04-21-2010 05:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.