Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Guess murder rate jumped up in Chicago
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Guess murder rate jumped up in Chicago
NOt a good night last night in Chicago. A lot of shootings. We live in a crazy world. We are going to be like the border towns in mexico.
04-02-2010 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
RE: Guess murder rate jumped up in Chicago
(04-02-2010 02:10 PM)klake87 Wrote:  NOt a good night last night in Chicago. A lot of shootings. We live in a crazy world. We are going to be like the border towns in mexico.

while bad for the numbers, its not like the shootings happened in your backyard. bartlett is a LONG WAY from the englewood neighborhood. the sky isn't falling
04-02-2010 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

There was an earlier discussion about how Chicago was getting safer. Also, one of the shootings happened in Millenium Park.

Guess the city hand gun band is working well. I am sure all those guns were legally owned.
04-02-2010 02:55 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(04-02-2010 02:10 PM)klake87 Wrote:  NOt a good night last night in Chicago. A lot of shootings. We live in a crazy world. We are going to be like the border towns in mexico.

There's always a spike in shootings when the first warm weather hits. I expect that to continue this weekend. The gang bangers just have cabin fever, and more of them are taking their fun and games outdoors.

Even though Bartlett is nowhere near the Englewood neighborhood, sounds like there's been a lot of activity in Schaumburg lately.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2010 02:58 PM by Dog Fan.)
04-02-2010 02:58 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
THere was a tea party meeting in Chicago last night? 05-stirthepot
04-03-2010 12:32 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-02-2010 02:55 PM)klake87 Wrote:  There was an earlier discussion about how Chicago was getting safer. Also, one of the shootings happened in Millenium Park.

Guess the city hand gun band is working well. I am sure all those guns were legally owned.
Unless it has changed since I was at work, there was a question if the shooting even occured in Millenium Park. Of course, you answer is to arm every person in the country. I am sure that will lower the murder rate. 03-lmfao
04-03-2010 12:36 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2010 12:36 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(04-02-2010 02:55 PM)klake87 Wrote:  There was an earlier discussion about how Chicago was getting safer. Also, one of the shootings happened in Millenium Park.

Unless it has changed since I was at work, there was a question if the shooting even occured in Millenium Park. Of course, you answer is to arm every person in the country. I am sure that will lower the murder rate. 03-lmfao

Can you show me my post when I said to arm everyone. I love how you throw out stupid statements but it is you.
04-04-2010 11:31 AM
Advertisement

calvin12 Offline
I am the overlord of everything

I Root For: duh

but guns are illegal in Chicago, there can't be any there, gun restriction laws work.
04-04-2010 11:49 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(04-04-2010 11:31 AM)klake87 Wrote:  

Can you show me my post when I said to arm everyone. I love how you throw out stupid statements but it is you.

It's a classic case of Liberal projection.

If a Liberal decides that he prefers curly-cue flourescent light bulbs over incandescent bulbs, then rather than just mind his own business and respect everyone's right to make their own choices, he will demand that the government ban incandescent light bulbs and force everyone to buy curly cue bulbs.

If a Liberal decides that he likes cars that are not much bigger than a bathtub, because they consume less gas, then he will demand that the government ban large cars and force everyone to drive cars with sewing machines for engines.

RobertN knows that klake87 respects the rights of gun owners, so by projecting his own natural knee-jerk reaction onto klake87, he assumes that klake87 must want to force everyone to own a handgun.
04-05-2010 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

It just happens to be a common thought by most of the righties in the Spin Room so I guess I juust assumed it was mandatory to believe that if you lean to the right.
04-05-2010 10:46 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I personally don't own a gun but do feel people have a right to own firearms. We need to make sure that we quality back ground checks. Having all the gun laws on the books will never stop gangsters from having guns. It will open up the black market more.

More scary about the gun fight is that the police were in ear shot of the second gun fight. The gangs could care less if police were there or not. If I am a policemen, this will bother me as the did not run and hide. Also, the gangsters do not have to follow procedures for shooting but the police are restricted. This would make me feel good about running to a gun fight and I have to wait till someone shoots at me.
04-05-2010 11:12 AM
NIU Chicago Offline
Special Teams

Robert is a stupid person - those are the only kind of statements he can throw out!
04-05-2010 11:41 AM
niuhuskie84 Offline
All American

I Root For:
A lot of you sure spend a lot of time bitching about a place you dont even live. Good to know us sub-human city dwellers are so constantly on your mind.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 01:29 PM by niuhuskie84.)
04-08-2010 01:13 PM
GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-08-2010 01:13 PM)niuhuskie84 Wrote:  A lot of you sure spend a lot of time bitching about a place you dont even live. Good to know us sub-human city dwellers are so constantly on your mind.

It does admittedly get a bit catty at times.

However, Chicago does impact our lives even if we don't live there.

Once a year, the Mayor calls for new statewide gun control laws. We compete for the same education funds from the state. Etc.
04-08-2010 06:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.