Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pelosi no sacrifice too great!
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Pelosi no sacrifice too great!
Quote:House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged her colleagues to back a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers, a call to arms that underscores the issue's massive role in this election year.

So she who could get re-elected in her district even if she was convicted of Murder, is telling her fellow democrats to vote boldly even if it cost them their job?!? So Nancy what you are really saying is there is NO greater sacrifice than someone else's? 01-wingedeagle

Quote:"We're not here just to self-perpetuate our service in Congress," she said. "We're here to do the job for on the American people."

Fixed her quote.

Quote:Pelosi told CNN that "in a matter of days" Democrats will have specific legislative language on health care to show to the public and to wavering lawmakers. She predicted voters will warm up to the bill once they understand its details.

Voters will warm to the bill.... how is she going to pour gasoline on us and light a match!?!

Pelosi to fellow Dems... Give to it Hurts
02-28-2010 01:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
RE: Pelosi no sacrifice too great!
The Dems are willing to suffer a COLOSSAL loss in mid term elections to get their hands on your health care and your future. They are looking at the BIG PICTURE in terms of their goals. You know they are promising $$$ jobs for the ones who will be sacrificing their jobs for their vote.
02-28-2010 01:44 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
So, basically she's saying f--k the people. They know what's best.

Feudal lords all. They've somehow forgotten the fact that they are REPRESENTATIVES.

Damn I hate that *****.
02-28-2010 02:30 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Every time I'm just about ready to change my sig, that worthless whore gives me reason to reconsider.
02-28-2010 03:58 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm reminded of a line from the movie Shrek that fits Pelosi addressing her fellow democrats...

Some of you my not survive, but it's a price I'm willing to pay....
02-28-2010 06:05 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
F the Republicans and your lets do nothing attitude. 05-stirthepot
02-28-2010 06:13 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-28-2010 06:13 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  F the Republicans and your lets do nothing attitude. 05-stirthepot
04-bow If they do it correctly, they will NOT lose much(if any) and may actually GAIN in the blue states. They may lose a few in the red states because of the low-info voters in those states but I don't think the Republicans will gain a majority in either house.
02-28-2010 06:25 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2010 06:13 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  F the Republicans and your lets do nothing attitude. 05-stirthepot

Are you suggesting that the Repubs have not proposed anything on HC?
02-28-2010 06:37 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-28-2010 06:37 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  

Yes, even republicans agree on this. 05-stirthepot
02-28-2010 06:47 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
(02-28-2010 03:58 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Every time I'm just about ready to change my sig, that worthless whore gives me reason to reconsider.

NEVER CHANGE IT .... NEVER, EVER ! ! ! 04-rock
02-28-2010 07:04 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
(02-28-2010 06:47 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  

What rock have you been sleeping under ??? They have propose many sound measures. READ THEM. Better still listen to them. They are on C-SPAN, just like "THe One" said they would be. There's 7 hours of it. "IT'S IN THERE" !
02-28-2010 07:05 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

Sure they have. Tort reform and opening it up from state to state. Tort reform-many states already have done tort reforms. I thought you guys were for states rights vs. federal regulations? Now you are flip-flopping? It also means that people injured would likely not get just compensation-just whatever the federal government says you can get. Great for business bad for the common citizen. As for being able to go over state lines, sounds good until you realize that they have an anti-trust exemption so all the companies would do is share the wealth and not lower costs much if at all. I am for the doing business over state lines but you need to get rid of the anti-trust exemption before it could actually be effective. For some reason, it appears that the Republicans are against this(though may be coming around to the idea slowly). The strange thing is the Republicans SHOULD be for repealing the anti-trust exemption since it goes against the Republican stand on capitalism.
02-28-2010 07:16 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I can not lie. THey actually did propose a couple things(see my other post). Of course, what they proposed won't do much good.
02-28-2010 07:19 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

04-chairshot...... 03-nutkick...... 05-nono
02-28-2010 07:41 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Sadly, in this case, nothing is better than the something being proposed. I didn't think it was possible to get worse, but leave it up to the government to want to make something bad worse.
02-28-2010 08:13 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

One illustration on how extreme the dumbocrat healthcare plan is would be this...

Someone with an ingrown toenail goes to the doctor seeking treatment and the doctor recommends amputating the leg. In that case I think I'd live with the pain of an ingrown toenail, sure the treatment would forever eliminate that pain, but it isn't worth it.
02-28-2010 08:55 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-28-2010 01:31 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  
Quote:House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged her colleagues to back a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers, a call to arms that underscores the issue's massive role in this election year.

If this is such a good thing then why would anyone's political career be over? If she's thinking that a guy could be voted out then she knows the majority of voters in that district don't want Ocare and she doesn't give a rats ass. HEY PELOSI you shriveled up liberal prune, instead of telling us what to do, you're supposed to do what WE TELL YOU TO DO!!!!

I swear, sometimes I think that woman wants strap on her big 18 incher and do all of us dry and without a reach around. She is the poster child for term limits and post-birth abortion.
02-28-2010 09:03 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-28-2010 09:03 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

If this is such a good thing then why would anyone's political career be over? If she's thinking that a guy could be voted out then she knows the majority of voters in that district don't want Ocare and she doesn't give a rats ***. HEY PELOSI you shriveled up liberal prune, instead of telling us what to do, you're supposed to do what WE TELL YOU TO DO!!!!

I swear, sometimes I think that woman wants strap on her big 18 incher and do all of us dry and without a reach around. She is the poster child for term limits and post-birth abortion.
Because low-info/intelligence voters(usually in red states) have bought into all the crap that the insurance industry(Faux, Republicans) put out there will elect someone who has corproate intrerests ahead of the common citizen.
02-28-2010 09:48 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-28-2010 09:48 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

If this is such a good thing then why would anyone's political career be over? If she's thinking that a guy could be voted out then she knows the majority of voters in that district don't want Ocare and she doesn't give a rats ***. HEY PELOSI you shriveled up liberal prune, instead of telling us what to do, you're supposed to do what WE TELL YOU TO DO!!!!

Because low-info/intelligence voters(usually in red states) have bought into all the crap that the insurance industry(Faux, Republicans) put out there will elect someone who has corproate intrerests ahead of the common citizen.

Lemme axe you a question: Health care is something between a person and his doctor. Why are the insurance companies being dragged through the mud? Either the person can live healthier or the doctors can work cheaper. Why are the insurance companies the bad guys in all of this? They don't control the health or lifestyle of the person nor do they control the fees of doctors except when they negotiate lower fees as part of being in a group plan - this is an example of the insurance actually lowering health costs. And don't tell me this simply saves the insurance companies money because cheaper costs mean cheaper premiums.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2010 10:51 PM by smn1256.)
02-28-2010 10:25 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-28-2010 10:25 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(02-28-2010 09:48 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Lemme axe you a question: Health care is something between a person and his doctor. Why are the insurance companies being dragged through the mud? Either the person can live healthier or the doctors can work cheaper. Why are the insurance companies the bad guys in all of this? They don't control the health or lifestyle of the person nor do they control the fees of doctors except when they negotiate lower fees as part of being in a group plan - this is an example of the insurance actually lowering health costs. And don't tell me this simply saves the insurance companies money because cheaper costs mean cheaper premiums.
Why? Because THEY are making obscene profits at the expense of American lives(death panels) and paying their top execs OBSCENE salaries while Americans die. Pretty simple.
02-28-2010 11:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.