Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bob Inglis mailed me today. I decided to respond.
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Bob Inglis mailed me today. I decided to respond.
Apparently his three previous mailings which all got no response wasn't enough of a clue.

The Letter

[Image: Inglis001.jpg]

[Image: Inglis002.jpg]

The Answer

[Image: Inglis003.jpg]

[Image: Inglis004.jpg]

[Image: Inglis005.jpg]

And yes, that's a business return envelope. He doesn't mind spending taxpayer money on banks, so I hope he won't mind spending campaign money on people who detest his voting record.
02-26-2010 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Bob Inglis mailed me today. I decided to respond.
Don't know anything about him, but if he's like Graham,

04-bow
02-26-2010 06:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Call the SOB out.

(02-26-2010 06:48 PM)Rebel Wrote:  Don't know anything about him, but if he's like Graham,

04-bow

Just as bad.
Advertisement

Reputation points if you're first to pick out his "please don't hate me" reference in the letter. I lul'zed when I read it.
02-26-2010 06:50 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
GTS...that was AWESOME!
02-26-2010 06:54 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-26-2010 06:50 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Reputation points if you're first to pick out his "please don't hate me" reference in the letter. I lul'zed when I read it.

Yes on TARP, thinking everyone would overlook it because Bush did it? Hell, how many of us were against it when Bush did it? I know I was. There were a few conservatives here that made an excuse for it.
02-26-2010 06:56 PM
Advertisement

(02-26-2010 06:56 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(02-26-2010 06:50 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Reputation points if you're first to pick out his "please don't hate me" reference in the letter. I lul'zed when I read it.

Yes on TARP, thinking everyone would overlook it because Bush did it? Hell, how many of us were against it when Bush did it? I know I was. There were a few conservatives here that made an excuse for it.

Nope. I'm looking for a name drop.
02-26-2010 07:08 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-26-2010 07:08 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-26-2010 06:56 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

Nope. I'm looking for a name drop.

The no on cap and trade where he introduced Reagan and Laffer?

...or where he says he's essentially more conservative than Paul, I.e. 84>82?
02-26-2010 07:10 PM

(02-26-2010 07:10 PM)Rebel Wrote:  ...or where he says he's essentially more conservative than Paul, I.e. 84>82?

Winner winner!

You can see why I lulz'ed.
02-26-2010 07:13 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-26-2010 07:13 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-26-2010 07:10 PM)Rebel Wrote:  ...or where he says he's essentially more conservative than Paul, I.e. 84>82?

Winner winner!

Well, I can probably see why. Paul is more libertarian, like I am. He's not that conservative on many social issues. As for fiscal issues, no way in hell does Inglis beat him. Look, I have no problem with Paul. I agree with about 80% of what he says. 20% however, is so damned far out there it leaves me stunned.
02-26-2010 07:26 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I know you had fun doing that and I applaud your gesture...but sadly...as is voting...it was a waste of time and effort. Most of the electorate are not as intelligent as you are GTS..and are so heavily indoctrinated with the glory of the state that they actually believe that "they" can make a difference. Like zombies,they march to the voting booths to choose someone that they believe can actually make a difference in government. This is the folly of government and our system. Nothing can stop the advancement of centralized power and to quote the Borg..."Resistance is futile".03-lmfao

To paraphrase Spooner....Being able to choose our masters make us no less slaves.03-banghead
02-26-2010 07:37 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-26-2010 07:26 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(02-26-2010 07:13 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Winner winner!

Well, I can probably see why. Paul is more libertarian, like I am. He's not that conservative on many social issues. As for fiscal issues, no way in hell does Inglis beat him. Look, I have no problem with Paul. I agree with about 80% of what he says. 20% however, is so damned far out there it leaves me stunned.

I understand your 20% problem with RP and although I disagree...I respect your opinion. I sure your objection must be with his anti-interventionist stances. My father who served in Korea has the same objections and yet agrees with RP on almost every other issue.
02-26-2010 07:47 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-26-2010 07:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I understand your 20% problem with RP and although I disagree...I respect your opinion. I sure your objection must be with his anti-interventionist stances. My father who served in Korea has the same objections and yet agrees with RP on almost every other issue.

I don't believe in intervening...unless our direct interests are in danger. ...and since these idiots don't want us to utilize all of our own resources, the Middle East is a direct interest. It is what it is. We don't intervene, and gas goes to 9 dollars an hour overnight due to some conflict we're not even in, our economy will collapse overnight.
02-26-2010 08:52 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-26-2010 08:52 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(02-26-2010 07:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I understand your 20% problem with RP and although I disagree...I respect your opinion. I sure your objection must be with his anti-interventionist stances. My father who served in Korea has the same objections and yet agrees with RP on almost every other issue.

I don't believe in intervening...unless our direct interests are in danger. ...and since these idiots don't want us to utilize all of our own resources, the Middle East is a direct interest. It is what it is. We don't intervene, and gas goes to 9 dollars an hour overnight due to some conflict we're not even in, our economy will collapse overnight.

What RP believes(and I agree) is that our past interventionism is a direct cause for much of the problems we now face.

I understand and agree that we must deal with the situations we now face(even if we were directly to blame for causing them). What bothers me is that we have failed to learn from our past mistakes and still press forward with the same policies. I'm not asking for us to draw back inside the border and be isolationists...I just would like to see a decent return from the dollars that are stolen from me. Much of what we now do around the world benefits the IMC not the citizens of the USA and does not do anything to insure our defense. I want a strong defense...without the damn waste. Why is that unreasonable?
02-26-2010 09:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.