Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State of YOUR Chicago Bears
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
State of YOUR Chicago Bears
First off I want to disclaimer this as NOT being a joke, this is sincerely a quote from Lovie Smith down in Indianapolis:

"The WR is position is our deepest and I feel great about it, these guys are going to take off"

The Bears do not have a number 1 or number 2 receiver, all I can say is Oh....My....God. I've always hated fans who say this and I've been a Bears fan for 28 years, but the Bears have taken me to this point, I'm done with this team until Lovie and Angelo are gone. It was one thing to be bad, I can live with that, it is another thing to be in denial that you suck. How can an organization ever more forward if they do not acknowledge they are one of the worst teams in the NFL?
02-26-2010 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

RE: State of YOUR Chicago Bears
Misplaced, sorry about that, thought I was in S and N. Please move or delete. thanks.
02-26-2010 01:14 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
This.. of all things is what set you off? Of all the many bad teams you root for blindy, it's this that bothers you? Do you really think a coach is going to say his WR corps is bad? What good would that do him. It'd hurt their confidence, hurt his chances of getting a better deal in trades, hurt his chances in negotiating with free agents. It can only help you to say you like your players as a coach.
02-26-2010 01:17 PM
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Dumb statement, but the guy critical of it is the same guy who thinks DiNunno is a great point guard and that the reason he's in a lot of altercations is because of his tough defense? If you can wear rose colored glasses for DiNunno, why can't Lovie wear them for his WR corp?

And do you honestly want Lovie to say "I think my WR's are subpar"? How is that going to turn into anything positive?
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2010 01:18 PM by armour248.)
02-26-2010 01:17 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(02-26-2010 01:17 PM)armour248 Wrote:  Dumb statement, but the guy critical of it is the same guy who thinks DiNunno is a great point guard and that the reason he's in a lot of altercations is because of his tough defense? If you can wear rose colored glasses for DiNunno, why can't Lovie wear them for his WR corp?

I never said DiNunno was great or that he was the Huskies best player, I said he was the most valuable and the most important piece. He has struggled and so have the Huskies, my point proved, thank you!
02-26-2010 01:19 PM
Advertisement

Husky Hub Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(02-26-2010 01:19 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(02-26-2010 01:17 PM)armour248 Wrote:  Dumb statement, but the guy critical of it is the same guy who thinks DiNunno is a great point guard and that the reason he's in a lot of altercations is because of his tough defense? If you can wear rose colored glasses for DiNunno, why can't Lovie wear them for his WR corp?

I never said DiNunno was great or that he was the Huskies best player, I said he was the most valuable and the most important piece. He has struggled and so have the Huskies, my point proved, thank you!
WOW! It's amazing that we won the other night coming back from 18 pts. down with our MVP on the bench. (where he and KS should never leave) How did we ever do it?
02-26-2010 01:30 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
I've hear dumber statements from you on a daily basis
02-26-2010 02:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
The WR position is deep, they don't have a #1 on the team, but they have far more glaring holes on defense and offense.
Bennett, Aromashadu, Knox and Hester make for a pretty good group believe it or not, especially in a Mike Martz offense. I'm not worried at all about the WRs.

They are desperate for a safety, a pass rush DE, and a guard. With no money tied into a first and second round pick this year, they are gonna spend a bit of money to fill those spots. Best case scenario would be Peppers and Rolle, with Lance Louis stepping up and taking the guard position, but we all know that the McCaskeys would never spend that type of money.

This upcoming season was already labeled as a down season once Lovie retained his job, and they couldn't find any coordinators. So, I'm pretty sure not one Bears fan expects a different result from last year unless the McCaskeys spend the $$$ to bring free agents in.
02-26-2010 02:38 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(02-26-2010 02:38 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  The WR position is deep, they don't have a #1 on the team, but they have far more glaring holes on defense and offense.
Bennett, Aromashadu, Knox and Hester make for a pretty good group believe it or not, especially in a Mike Martz offense. I'm not worried at all about the WRs.

They are desperate for a safety, a pass rush DE, and a guard. With no money tied into a first and second round pick this year, they are gonna spend a bit of money to fill those spots. Best case scenario would be Peppers and Rolle, with Lance Louis stepping up and taking the guard position, but we all know that the McCaskeys would never spend that type of money.

This upcoming season was already labeled as a down season once Lovie retained his job, and they couldn't find any coordinators. So, I'm pretty sure not one Bears fan expects a different result from last year unless the McCaskeys spend the $$$ to bring free agents in.

As sad as it is to say you might darn well be right. As little talent as there is at WR it might be no worse off than any other position on the team. I never thought of it like that, but to hear Lovie say he is happy with that position, that is the silly stupid part.

Until Bears get new leadership what free agent would possibly want to come here.

From heaving Lovie talk, he seems to think because they were 7-9 they are just a few wins away from being a playoff team. That 7-9 is so deceiving you got 2 wins against what is actually a division II college team in the lions, and also a win against a Minnesota team that did not care about the game. It was more like a 4-12 team. Unless they get 2 legit WR's and a legit defensive end, and a safety, and a running back, they will struggle to win 4 next year with the schedule they have.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2010 02:46 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
02-26-2010 02:43 PM
Advertisement

NIUGAHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
The WR may be the deepest position on the Bears roster, but that's not saying much. The WR's couldn't get open last season, why would Luvie feel good about them? It's going to be more of the same unless the WR suddenly get better and faster so they can get open, or the OLine suddenly gets good enough to give the QB enough time to find an open man.
02-26-2010 07:20 PM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Please move me to S&N.
02-26-2010 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.