Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So, who's No. 1 right now
Bookmark and Share
ToppersInDaVille Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
So, who's No. 1 right now
I know this topic has been discussed, but has anyone seen a definitive answer?

Right now, MTSU, NT and Troy are all 12-5.

Common sense would put NT at No. 1, Troy at No. 2 and MTSU at No. 3. (Based on breaking the Troy-MTSU FIRST and then the Troy-NT tie)

But if you read the tiebreaker rules as discussed (using winning percentage involving all 3 schools), Troy would be No. 1, NT at No. 2 and MTSU at No. 3.

I'll be honest about the reason I'm asking: If the latter scenario is the rule of the land, it doesn't eliminate WKU from a top-three seed.
02-25-2010 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: So, who's No. 1 right now
Law of the land, according to Vito's blog, and somewhere else (maybe Troy's blog), is that it's currently 1-Troy 2- UNT 3- MT.
02-25-2010 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(02-25-2010 10:33 PM)ToppersInDaVille Wrote:  I know this topic has been discussed, but has anyone seen a definitive answer?

Right now, MTSU, NT and Troy are all 12-5.

Common sense would put NT at No. 1, Troy at No. 2 and MTSU at No. 3. (Based on breaking the Troy-MTSU FIRST and then the Troy-NT tie)

But if you read the tiebreaker rules as discussed (using winning percentage involving all 3 schools), Troy would be No. 1, NT at No. 2 and MTSU at No. 3.

I'll be honest about the reason I'm asking: If the latter scenario is the rule of the land, it doesn't eliminate WKU from a top-three seed.

03-lmfao
02-25-2010 10:41 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Wish we could have that game back at Monroe....No offense to Monroe, but not sure how we lost that game....Even though we are coming into March on fire, it would be really tough to win 4 games in 4 days if we did not get the 3rd seed....This years postseason tournament I predict will be even crazier then usual...Would not be surprised if finals we have 7th seed vs 8th seed at this point....
02-25-2010 11:03 PM
CMJ Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(02-25-2010 11:03 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Wish we could have that game back at Monroe....No offense to Monroe, but not sure how we lost that game....Even though we are coming into March on fire, it would be really tough to win 4 games in 4 days if we did not get the 3rd seed....This years postseason tournament I predict will be even crazier then usual...Would not be surprised if finals we have 7th seed vs 8th seed at this point....

Hell we all have games that are head scratchers. I'm still wondering how we had such a hard time with FIU given they are sitting in what...11th place?

I still think one of the top 3 seeds will win. But I won't be shocked if it's like #3 vs #8 in the finals! 03-lmfao
02-25-2010 11:14 PM
Advertisement

troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
Question... If Troy beats ASU do we stay at No. 1? I looked and UNT lost both games to ASU, does that matter?

All this tiebreaker stuff makes my head hurt... 03-banghead
02-25-2010 11:15 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(02-25-2010 11:15 PM)troy4ever21 Wrote:  Question... If Troy beats ASU do we stay at No. 1? I looked and UNT lost both games to ASU, does that matter?

All this tiebreaker stuff makes my head hurt... 03-banghead

Each team's scenarios are based on the assumption that they win on Saturday.

NT gets the 1 seed if Middle Tennessee loses. Troy's game is ultimately irrelevant to us. If Middle loses, we win a tiebreaker over Troy or have a better record than anyone in the East.

Troy gets the 1 seed if everyone wins or if North Texas loses.

Middle gets the 1 seed if Troy loses.

That's the short answer.
02-25-2010 11:25 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Heres what I have for everyone

Troy Win and MTSU and UNT win or win and UNT loss.
MTSU Win and Troy loss
UNT Win and Middle loss

ASU Win and MTSU and UNT loss

Oddly enough Western cannot win the conference title regardless of record despite being ahead of ASU by seeding right now. However ASU could win the conference regardless of Westerns result if MTSU and UNT both stumble
02-25-2010 11:35 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
All I know is that Troy is the #1 seed. And that nothing can happen that will stop us from completing our DESTINY!

[Image: darth-vader.jpg]

(Unless NT decides to fall down a large funnel on a floating city and escape in the Millennium Falcon)
02-25-2010 11:36 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(02-25-2010 11:36 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  All I know is that Troy is the #1 seed. And that nothing can happen that will stop us from completing our DESTINY!

(Unless NT decides to fall down a large funnel on a floating city and escape in the Millennium Falcon)

except well MTSU losing.

Plus your Destiny does still involve winning at ASU something only Western has figured out so far this year and it took them 2 miraculous 3's and a missed free throw by our best FT shooter and 45 minutes of playing time
02-25-2010 11:42 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

(02-25-2010 11:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-25-2010 11:36 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  All I know is that Troy is the #1 seed. And that nothing can happen that will stop us from completing our DESTINY!

except well MTSU losing.

Plus your Destiny does still involve winning at ASU something only Western has figured out so far this year and it took them 2 miraculous 3's and a missed free throw by our best FT shooter and 45 minutes of playing time

Uhhhhh...we are Jedi? 04-bow
02-25-2010 11:45 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-25-2010 11:45 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  

except well MTSU losing.

Just picture youre playing our baseball team youll get it then

By the way I dont see any way western can get a bye Ive thrown every possible scenario together in my head and in each one they lose a tiebreak because they got swept by middle and split with Troy and lost to UNT. They swept ASU. But ASU beat everyone else and would have to beat Troy to be tied with Western. I think they are locked in at 4 with a win
02-25-2010 11:51 PM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

04-bolt
02-25-2010 11:55 PM
Advertisement

ToppersInDaVille Offline
Bench Warmer

QUOTE By the way I dont see any way western can get a bye Ive thrown every possible scenario together in my head and in each one they lose a tiebreak because they got swept by middle and split with Troy and lost to UNT. They swept ASU. But ASU beat everyone else and would have to beat Troy to be tied with Western. I think they are locked in at 4 with a win
[/quote]

Wrong! WKU get a bye in the following scenario: WKU wins, MTSU wins, North Texas wins and Troy loses:

MTSU 13-5
NT 13-5
WKU 12-6 (3-1 vs. Ark St/Troy)
Ark St. 12-6 (1-2 vs. WKU/Troy)
Troy 12-6 (1-2 vs. WKU/Ark St)

WKU wins that tiebreaker and gets the No. 3 seed. I actually like our chances!
02-26-2010 09:14 AM
Hilltopper413 Offline
2nd String

(02-25-2010 11:51 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-25-2010 11:45 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  

except well MTSU losing.

Just picture youre playing our baseball team youll get it then

By the way I dont see any way western can get a bye Ive thrown every possible scenario together in my head and in each one they lose a tiebreak because they got swept by middle and split with Troy and lost to UNT. They swept ASU. But ASU beat everyone else and would have to beat Troy to be tied with Western. I think they are locked in at 4 with a win

WKU will get the 3 seed if the following things happen:

1. WKU must beat FIU
2. ASU must beat Troy
3. MTSU must beat FAU

If this happens then North Texas and MTSU win their respective divisions giving them the 1 and 2 seeds. This will also create a three way tie for the 3 seed between ASU, Troy, and WKU. According to the conference they will determine the records against each other for the tie-breaker. If this is the case WKU (3-1) has the better combined record than ASU (1-2) and Troy (1-2) giving WKU the 3 seed and a first-round bye.

This is the ONLY way WKU can receive a bye, but it is not all that unlikely. WKU should be favored to beat FIU. ASU has only lost one game at home all year. The only real toss-up game is MTSU and FAU, but the Blue Raiders have been playing well lately.
02-26-2010 09:17 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Pretty strange that the Toppers and Blue Raiders will be pulling for each other on Saturday. Go Western !
02-26-2010 10:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
playfailstogain Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy and Tulane

One handed?
02-26-2010 11:53 AM
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(02-26-2010 10:53 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Pretty strange that the Toppers and Blue Raiders will be pulling for each other on Saturday. Go Western !

Go Blue Raiders!

Go Red Wolves!

Go Mean Green!
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2010 06:06 PM by Hilltopper2K.)
02-26-2010 06:05 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Go Trojans! not ualr
02-27-2010 12:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.