Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Drowning in Debt
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Drowning in Debt
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/national-...id=9854459

This was on Drudge so most of you have probably seen it. Sobering. I still blame George Bush and the tax cuts btw. The whole prescription drug benefits on Medi Care without the funding. What a horrible time in our nation's history. Worst President ever.
02-17-2010 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Drowning in Debt
(02-17-2010 08:23 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/national-...id=9854459

This was on Drudge so most of you have probably seen it. Sobering. I still blame George Bush and the tax cuts btw. The whole prescription drug benefits on Medi Care without the funding. What a horrible time in our nation's history. Worst President ever.

01-wingedeagle

Yeah, let's just forget about Obama quadrupling the debt. Your partisanship is what's made this country so f-ed up. Conservatives bash Bush for his fiscal irresponsibility, yet you give your manchild a fvckin' pass.

Give me a f'n break. This is why no one takes you serious.
02-17-2010 08:27 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Machiavelli Offline

Are you in third grade?
02-17-2010 08:38 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-17-2010 08:38 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Are you in third grade?

With your line of thinking, you need to be asking yourself that.
02-17-2010 08:40 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(02-17-2010 08:23 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/national-...id=9854459

This was on Drudge so most of you have probably seen it. Sobering. I still blame George Bush and the tax cuts btw.

Yeah, never let facts get in the way of a good grudge. Why bother trying to solve a problem when it's so much easier to gripe about it?

Maybe the US should follow California, CA didn't lower taxes and look at what great shape they're in.
02-17-2010 08:40 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Bitching at me about partisanship takes the cake. I voted for Voinovich because he's a good man and a fiscal hawk. He's a Republican with his head in the right place.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 08:42 AM by Machiavelli.)
02-17-2010 08:41 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-17-2010 08:41 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Bitching at me about partisanship takes the cake. I voted for Voinovich because he's a good man and a fiscal hawk. He's a Republican with his head in the right place.

You lay all the blame at Bush's feet, while completely overlooking that f'n Kenyan's quadrupling of the debt.

Yeah, I'd say you're a partisan hack not worthy of a response.
02-17-2010 08:44 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Shrub took us to the half-trillion-dollars-a-year deficit level. Obama is taking us to the trillion-dollars-a-year-plus deficit level. If that makes Shrub the worst president ever, then Obama has to be at least the co-worst-president ever. I think both those characterizations are probably correct.
02-17-2010 08:44 AM
Machiavelli Offline

I thought Obama would at least attempt to bring spending and revenue in line. That's my biggest gripe. That's been disapointing.
02-17-2010 08:57 AM
Machiavelli Offline

but here is the distinction. Obama inherited the worst financial crisis since the Depression. Shrub inherited a BLACK BUDGET! Checkmate.
02-17-2010 08:59 AM
DrTorch Offline

(02-17-2010 08:41 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Bitching at me about partisanship takes the cake. I voted for Voinovich because he's a good man and a fiscal hawk.

BS. Voinovich spends like a kid in a candy shop.
02-17-2010 09:01 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

even though you may want to ignore that simple FACT. It's the truth.

Slam Dunk in the face.

Pinned 8 seconds in the match.
02-17-2010 09:02 AM
Machiavelli Offline

BS. Voinovich spends like a kid in a candy shop.

Wow. I'm sure we have ratings for such things. I would bet he would score in the top 5 percentile in fiscal discipline. I'm surprised by you Torch. I really am. I would be happy with 50 senators like Voinovich with a D president.
02-17-2010 09:05 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-17-2010 08:59 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  but here is the distinction. Obama inherited the worst financial crisis since the Depression. Shrub inherited a BLACK BUDGET! Checkmate.

Obama didn't inherit the worst financial disaster since the Depression. Just saying that over and over doesn't make it so. He did, however, exacerbate a slow economy that would have eventually corrected itself had the fed left it the fk alone.

About the "black budget" Bush inherited?

http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

You can't say Bush was fiscally irresponsible while completely giving Obama a pass, not and expect to be taken seriously. We also had two, Congress-approved wars we had to pay for and a military that had to be rebuilt.
02-17-2010 09:06 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-17-2010 09:02 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  even though you may want to ignore that simple FACT. It's the truth.

Slam Dunk in the face.

Pinned 8 seconds in the match.

Only in liberal la la land. ...and I don't have a desire to wrestle midgets.
02-17-2010 09:07 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Voinovich earns a C here from the National Taxpayer Union, but a better term would describe him as a budget hawk. he voted against the Bush Tax cuts because the exploded the budget.

and for the mental midget from Mississippi. What part of this didn't you read:

I thought Obama would at least attempt to bring spending and revenue in line. That's my biggest gripe. That's been disapointing.

forgot the link

http://www.ntu.org/misc_items/rating/VS_2008.pdf
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 09:16 AM by Machiavelli.)
02-17-2010 09:14 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(02-17-2010 09:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  BS. Voinovich spends like a kid in a candy shop.

Wow. I'm sure we have ratings for such things. I would bet he would score in the top 5 percentile in fiscal discipline. I'm surprised by you Torch. I really am. I would be happy with 50 senators like Voinovich with a D president.

Of course you would. Voinovich is a RINO.
02-17-2010 09:15 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-17-2010 08:59 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  but here is the distinction. Obama inherited the worst financial crisis since the Depression. Shrub inherited a BLACK BUDGET! Checkmate.

Shrub inherited a declining economy, exacerbated rather quickly by the events of 11 September. FY 2001 (more a product of Clinton than Shrub) actually ended up in the red except for the social security surplus, because the declining economy shrunk receipts. That doesn't excuse what happened later, but it does point out that your perspective is a bit off. The federal budget is not the economy.

The notion that Obama inherited the worst crisis since the depression makes a convenient excuse for all his failures, but I'm not buying. This is the same "sky is falling" argument that Shrub used to justify the attacks on civil liberties--"oh, we'd have terrorists on every street corner if we didn't do this or that." I wasn't a buyer then, and I'm not a buyer now.

If Obama did inherit the worst crisis since the depression, then his job is to fix it, and so far there's precious little to suggest that he has. My own belief is that so far he has done far more to damage the economy permanently than he has to fix it in the short term.

"Bush is bad" does not equal "Obama is good." It is time for the Obama supporters to stop telling us what is bad about Shrub and start telling us what is good about Obama. They seem to be having a hard time doing that. Perhaps they are having as much difficulty finding something good about Obama as I am.
02-17-2010 09:16 AM
DrTorch Offline

This was on Drudge so most of you have probably seen it. Sobering. I still blame George Bush and the tax cuts btw.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/81xx/doc8116/...venues.pdf
02-17-2010 09:18 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Obama didn't inherit the worst financial disaster since the Depression. Just saying that over and over doesn't make it so

What time period between 1927 and now was worse and by what metric. You lose all credibility when you post nonsense like this and this is the reason you hide out in conservative hideouts. You would be laughed off any other stage.
02-17-2010 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.