Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I think I just saw the Tebow commercial
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I think I just saw the Tebow commercial
It really ain't that bad and its all of 10 seconds. I was concerned that it would be too heavy.
02-07-2010 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
RE: I think I just saw the Tebow commercial
(02-07-2010 02:44 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It really ain't that bad and its all of 10 seconds. I was concerned that it would be too heavy.

why would you be so concerned? it's a commercial. he's not proselytizing you
02-07-2010 03:42 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I see no reason for any political or social op ads to be aired during the Super Bowl. The NFL has now set a precedent that it will later regret most likely in a courtroom by someone being denied the ability to put "thier" viewpoint in a future ad.05-nono

Keep the damn ads entertaining...Im not interested in seeing this type of stuff during the game. Cant we just have one thing left alone without injection some political or social BS into it?03-banghead
02-07-2010 04:01 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-07-2010 03:42 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 02:44 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It really ain't that bad and its all of 10 seconds. I was concerned that it would be too heavy.

Why would you be so concerned about a gay dating ad(which they denied giving a spot to)? They aren't proselytizing you.

Btw, from what I heard is that it is an anti-abortion ad. Very polarizing. If you allow one polarizing ad, why not another?
02-07-2010 04:59 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(02-07-2010 04:59 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Why would you be so concerned about a gay dating ad(which they denied giving a spot to)? They aren't proselytizing you.

Btw, from what I heard is that it is an anti-abortion ad. Very polarizing. If you allow one polarizing ad, why not another?

i wouldn't be concerned by a gay dating ad. they're on late night tv all the time. i'd have no problem with any ad. it's all free speech. they can say what they want, and i can choose to do the same. both sides can also change the channel if they so choose.

do you dislike gay people or something? bringing them up as a negative thing and all.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2010 05:43 PM by flyingswoosh.)
02-07-2010 05:43 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
A lot of people have a problem with the beer commercials. Get over it folks.
02-07-2010 05:45 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

I was just thinking that it would be just a heavy, heavy ad. Fox and the rest of the networks were acting as though this was stamped with GOP all over it.
02-07-2010 06:02 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-07-2010 05:43 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

i wouldn't be concerned by a gay dating ad. they're on late night tv all the time. i'd have no problem with any ad. it's all free speech. they can say what they want, and i can choose to do the same. both sides can also change the channel if they so choose.

do you dislike gay people or something? bringing them up as a negative thing and all.
I have no problem with the ad and do not dislike gay people(I might make the claim that CBS does by not allowing it when they are desperate for advertising). I believe they think it would offend many of their viewers-ok, I will just state it, Christian conservatives-
who would be offended by the ad but would have the opposite response for the anti-abortion ad.
02-07-2010 06:07 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(02-07-2010 06:07 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

I have no problem with the ad and do not dislike gay people(I might make the claim that CBS does by not allowing it when they are desperate for advertising). I believe they think it would offend many of their viewers-ok, I will just state it, Christian conservatives-
who would be offended by the ad but would have the opposite response for the anti-abortion ad.

so why do you act like i would be concerned?
02-07-2010 06:16 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-07-2010 06:16 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 06:07 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

so why do you act like i would be concerned?
Just trying to make the point(using similar words as yours) that it shouldn't be a concern. While it sounded like I was attacking you(and I could see how you could see it that way) it wasn't meant to. THinking about it, I guess "concern" isn't the word I would use. I am concerned about the ad much like others would be concerned about the gay ad. I just think both should have been allowed and not descriminate.
02-07-2010 07:01 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
CBS made a conscious marketing decision on which commercials will serve their greatest financial position.

BTW, I'm hating the Dorito commercials, so far.
02-07-2010 07:13 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(02-07-2010 07:13 PM)Smaug Wrote:  CBS made a conscious marketing decision on which commercials will serve their greatest financial position.

are you kidding? the doritos commercials are the good ones. unlike the bud light ones.
02-07-2010 07:59 PM
GilWinant Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: good games
Everything I had seen leading up to the release of the ad indicated that it was supposed to be a pro-life ad. If the ad is supposed to make a statement about abortion, it does a terrible job of it. It seems a lot like other ads I've seem from Methodists and Mormons encouraging people to spend time with their kids and family. There's not much controversial about it.
02-08-2010 12:08 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(02-07-2010 07:59 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 07:13 PM)Smaug Wrote:  CBS made a conscious marketing decision on which commercials will serve their greatest financial position.

are you kidding? the doritos commercials are the good ones. unlike the bud light ones.

My favorite one was the Dodge Charger "Man's Last Stand".

I wouldn't buy one, but it was still a clever commercial.
02-08-2010 08:32 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I liked the Intel one with the Robot. Not that funny, but kind of clever. There were a couple other ones that were funny but I already don't remember them - not as memorable as some from previous years. The sleepwalking one was sorta good.
02-08-2010 09:41 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(02-08-2010 08:32 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

haha, i guess our tastes are different. i found that one to be really lame. it had this huge buildup for nothing. when you get to the dodge part, my dad and i were like, you'd do all that for a dodge?
02-08-2010 10:03 AM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(02-08-2010 10:03 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(02-08-2010 08:32 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

haha, i guess our tastes are different. i found that one to be really lame. it had this huge buildup for nothing. when you get to the dodge part, my dad and i were like, you'd do all that for a dodge?

I didn't say I'd buy one, but the commercial was clever.

I'd like to amend my earlier post. It was before I saw the two Dorito commercials that I liked: The one with the little kid setting mom's new boyfriend straight, and the samurai one.
02-08-2010 10:08 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Tebow commercial was way OVERBLOWN. No one should have protested that ad, there was no upside to protesting that ad except to add interest in the ad itself and the cause to which the protesters were against.

People in this country talk way to-o-o-o-o- much. Because someone says or implies something you don't agree with, doesn't mean you have to respond. Silence many times is golden.
02-08-2010 12:22 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(02-08-2010 12:22 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Tebow commercial was way OVERBLOWN. No one should have protested that ad, there was no upside to protesting that ad except to add interest in the ad itself and the cause to which the protesters were against.

People in this country talk way to-o-o-o-o- much. Because someone says or implies something you don't agree with, doesn't mean you have to respond. Silence many times is golden.

I liked the Kia comercial with the Sock Monkey
02-08-2010 02:19 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
The best commercial to me was the dog barking Dorrito one. I always felt a little bad when my dog was zapped by his collar.
02-08-2010 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.