Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your opinion on the Tea Party Animals
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Your opinion on the Tea Party Animals
I understand and like how the Tea Party Mvmt is trying to change the course of American politics, but I can't help but to think that they are heading towards just being a part of business as usual.

They spend their entire time talking about how democrats are evil and they hardly ever talk bad about the GOP. They say that they welcome all to come in, network, and speak; but at the same time they only have GOP members as keynote speakers who in turn never say anything negative about people in their own party and just slam dems.

For some reason I just see them as the activist arm of the GOP. I agree with running this country the right way but just putting Repubs back in ain't gonna do it either.
02-06-2010 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: Your opinion on the Tea Party Animals
Well, the Dems are in control right now.

But I agree, the Republicans have lost their way and need to be reminded. Mostly what the tea partiers are talking about is what the R's are suppose to stand for.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2010 09:30 PM by Paul M.)
02-06-2010 09:29 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Oh BS

I know lots of Tea Party Activists, and about 65% of them are "tradtional Democrats" totally pissed off about what Pelosi, Reid and Obama have done in the past year.

The "traditional Republicans" I know in the Tea Party Movement are pissed off at the Republican elected officials that have been "acting like Democrats" for the past 7 years.

Lets watch Palin tonight.. I bet she calls out some Republicans.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2010 09:31 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
02-06-2010 09:30 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Mass civil unrest and disobedience will be necessary to stop those in power from destroying America. The tea parties are a beginning...but..It is going to take a paradigm shift from both the left and right before REAL change occurs.

Unfortunately...Im afraid we have crossed the Rubicon and like the Romans..have failed to understand that we are heading towards our demise as an empire.... I hope I am wrong.
02-06-2010 10:30 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-06-2010 10:30 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Mass civil unrest and disobedience will be necessary to stop those in power from destroying America. The tea parties are a beginning...but..It is going to take a paradigm shift from both the left and right before REAL change occurs.

Unfortunately...Im afraid we have crossed the Rubicon and like the Romans..have failed to understand that we are heading towards our demise as an empire.... I hope I am wrong.

All I heard from Palin was a mini-campaign to get voters out of this group. As far as changing business as usual, I am as big of a fan of that as anyone. I'll vote for anyone that I can trust to try to balance the budget for 4 years. I just don't think that the Tea Party Mvmt is helping us get there. I see them as unintentional pawns in some GOPers game.

In all fairness I will say that there is more than one movement. You have the guys with Keyes that are spending the weekend in St. Thomas, you have the people that were at this event, and you have those who aren't getting the media attention because they are too small and can't get the pretty-faces to speak. I'm sure at least one of those has the right ideas.
02-06-2010 10:41 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-06-2010 10:41 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(02-06-2010 10:30 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Mass civil unrest and disobedience will be necessary to stop those in power from destroying America. The tea parties are a beginning...but..It is going to take a paradigm shift from both the left and right before REAL change occurs.

All I heard from Palin was a mini-campaign to get voters out of this group. As far as changing business as usual, I am as big of a fan of that as anyone. I'll vote for anyone that I can trust to try to balance the budget for 4 years. I just don't think that the Tea Party Mvmt is helping us get there. I see them as unintentional pawns in some GOPers game.

In all fairness I will say that there is more than one movement. You have the guys with Keyes that are spending the weekend in St. Thomas, you have the people that were at this event, and you have those who aren't getting the media attention because they are too small and can't get the pretty-faces to speak. I'm sure at least one of those has the right ideas.
Bungo. Unfortunately those pawns are to blinded to see that. Keyes is still out there? Isn't his 15 minutes of fame over yet? His political career crashed long ago.
02-07-2010 02:21 AM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
WMD - I haven't seen a transcript of the speech and won't watch the whole thing on You Tube, but the parts I've seen don't refer to Republicans at all.

Palin is campaigning for Rick Perry here in Texas later this month. If she's a true Tea Partier, shouldn't she be for Medina?
02-07-2010 11:09 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-07-2010 11:09 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  WMD - I haven't seen a transcript of the speech and won't watch the whole thing on You Tube, but the parts I've seen don't refer to Republicans at all.

Palin is campaigning for Rick Perry here in Texas later this month. If she's a true Tea Partier, shouldn't she be for Medina?

Probably going for whomever gets her more money and exposure.
02-07-2010 11:55 AM
Quote this message in a reply
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-07-2010 11:55 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 11:09 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  WMD - I haven't seen a transcript of the speech and won't watch the whole thing on You Tube, but the parts I've seen don't refer to Republicans at all.

Probably going for whomever gets her more money and exposure.

This...

Don't get me wrong, I like her, but she's becoming a little too diva to really be this blue-collar, grassroots person. She's very much the same as those using politics as usual.
02-07-2010 12:58 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

Palin said in her interview today that the Tea Party needs to be absorbed within the GOP.
02-07-2010 02:47 PM
NIU05 Online
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Not a fan of Sarah Palin, I like her, but she is not ready to serve nationally. Hopefully she will not run for office in 2012.
02-07-2010 02:51 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I think Palin was more ready than Obama was in 2008. I certainly think her credentials are stronger. There's room for honest debate on the issue, but I'd prefer hers to his.

Unfortunately, what we are seeing unfold may be, among other things, proof positive that Obama was nowhere near ready.

If 2012 comes down to Palin or Gingrich or Jindal against Obama, I'm going to have a hard time finding a reason to support any of them. I really don't see a republican front-runner that I can support. And I see no reason to believe I could ever support Obama.
02-07-2010 02:57 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-06-2010 09:30 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Lets watch Palin tonight.. I

[Image: Obamas_watch_TV.jpg]
02-07-2010 03:25 PM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls
You've got to love Sarah. Reading answers off her hand, moments after taking a shot at Barack's use of teleprompters. 03-lmfao

God bless her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stefan-sir...52458.html
02-07-2010 03:48 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-06-2010 10:41 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

If the movement is using Sarah Palin as its poster woman...I am not interested in the movement. I have no use for that broad..period.03-puke
02-07-2010 04:05 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-07-2010 02:57 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I think Palin was more ready than Obama was in 2008. I certainly think her credentials are stronger. There's room for honest debate on the issue, but I'd prefer hers to his.

Unfortunately, what we are seeing unfold may be, among other things, proof positive that Obama was nowhere near ready.

If 2012 comes down to Palin or Gingrich or Jindal against Obama, I'm going to have a hard time finding a reason to support any of them. I really don't see a republican front-runner that I can support. And I see no reason to believe I could ever support Obama.
03-lmfao

Btw, I hope she runs for President and wins the Republican party primary. THat means 4 more years of positive change.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2010 04:47 PM by RobertN.)
02-07-2010 04:44 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-07-2010 04:44 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 02:57 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I think Palin was more ready than Obama was in 2008. I certainly think her credentials are stronger. There's room for honest debate on the issue, but I'd prefer hers to his.

03-lmfao

Btw, I hope she runs for President and wins the Republican party primary. THat means 4 more years of positive change.

03-no ....03-lmfao03-lmfao...You can't be serious Robert? Positive change?03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
You are a true comedian!!!04-bow
02-07-2010 04:52 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-07-2010 04:52 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 04:44 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

03-lmfao

03-no ....03-lmfao03-lmfao...You can't be serious Robert? Positive change?03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
You are a true comedian!!!04-bow
I guess it depends on your point of view. If you are a multi-millionaire or billionaire(or a misinformed conservative/libertarian), then yes, it is funny. It isn't funny to those who would like to see a continuation of a solid middleclass which is being descimated under the conservative/libertarian economic policies.
02-07-2010 05:18 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I wonder if Scott Brown might try to run - he would be about Obama's equal in terms of his resume if he did (in terms of time in the state senate and then U.S. Senate).
02-07-2010 05:37 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(02-07-2010 05:37 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I wonder if Scott Brown might try to run - he would be about Obama's equal in terms of his resume if he did (in terms of time in the state senate and then U.S. Senate).
Well, at least Obama is smart. Brown is living off his centerfold picture. Hey, if he hands it out to women, maybe he will actually get some of them to actually vote for him. Nah. Most women are smarter than that.
02-07-2010 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.