Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC BB injuries
Bookmark and Share
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
SBC BB injuries
UALR has played 3 conference games and I think every team we have played has had injuries to key players. So, who is hurt on your team, that is a key player and will they come back for the last 5 or 10 games of the year to make a run at the SBC tournament?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2010 08:24 AM by insideualr.)
01-01-2010 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

RE: SBC BB injuries
UALR's Mike Smith is out for the year. Probably our best player and I don't see 5 conference wins in us this year due to the lack of size in the post.
01-01-2010 08:25 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Sergio Kerusch projected to be out 6 more weeks with broken ankle. Was 2nd in scoring & 1st in rebounding when injured. Cliff Dixon needs to step it up. So far the Toppers are 2-1 without him with Miss State up next @ Diddle. This will be the 4th SEC team on the schedule.
01-01-2010 11:19 AM
ULMSOT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
ULM has Fresh Hugh Mingo out for the year, and Fabio Riberio our new 7 footer out ...both with a crack bone in the foot. Malcolm Thomas was great for us last year and is on academic probation. Don't know if he will be back.
01-01-2010 12:51 PM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(01-01-2010 12:51 PM)ULMSOT Wrote:  ULM has Fresh Hugh Mingo out for the year, and Fabio Riberio our new 7 footer out ...both with a crack bone in the foot. Malcolm Thomas was great for us last year and is on academic probation. Don't know if he will be back.
USA lost starting point guard Raymond Sims to suspension and perhaps academics going forward.
01-01-2010 01:11 PM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Seems like as a league we have had a bunch of injuries this year.
01-01-2010 01:14 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
To the best of my knowledge no one from FAU has been seriously hurt.

:knock on wood:
01-01-2010 01:28 PM
untgeorge Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
UNT starting point guard Dominique Johnson out for the season.

Forward Kedrick Hogans out for the season; our only experienced front line backup.

Forward Alex Tramiell out for UALR game. Yet to be seen when he will be back, maybe just one more game.
01-01-2010 02:55 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(01-01-2010 11:19 AM)Franko Wrote:  Sergio Kerusch projected to be out 6 more weeks with broken ankle. Was 2nd in scoring & 1st in rebounding when injured. Cliff Dixon needs to step it up. So far the Toppers are 2-1 without him with Miss State up next @ Diddle. This will be the 4th SEC team on the schedule.

I don't think he is out 6 more weeks. The original estimate was 4-6 weeks, but that was a couple of weeks ago (Surgery was on the 20th). And they said on the radio last night that Sergio was heck bent on making it 4 weeks. I would expect nothing less from him.

I think Kerusch will be out at most three more weeks. Plenty of time to come back, get back into game shape and help us make a run in Hot Springs.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2010 03:44 PM by Hilltopper2K.)
01-01-2010 03:43 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Sergio does not need to rush coming back, rather him coming back later if that means hes going to be healthy in March...
01-01-2010 04:17 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
ASU

SR Guard Donald Boone Lost game 1 Out for season torn ACL. Will Apply for Medical Redshirt
SR Guard Mike Lance Injured Preseason Bad back. still recovering may return at some point
SO Guard Daniel Bryant Seperated Non Shooting Shoulder injured Denver game. out for at least 3 weeks
ASU Fan Base Injured Psyche. Will return when convinced the university isnt built on Indian Burial Ground
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2010 08:09 PM by chiefsfan.)
01-01-2010 08:08 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(01-01-2010 08:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  ASU

SR Guard Donald Boone Lost game 1 Out for season torn ACL. Will Apply for Medical Redshirt
SR Guard Mike Lance Injured Preseason Bad back. still recovering may return at some point
SO Guard Daniel Bryant Seperated Non Shooting Shoulder injured Denver game. out for at least 3 weeks
ASU Fan Base Injured Psyche. Will return when convinced the university isnt built on Indian Burial Ground

03-lmfao
01-01-2010 08:22 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(01-01-2010 08:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  ASU Fan Base Injured Psyche. Will return when convinced the university isnt built on Indian Burial Ground

Its worse than that. Jonesboro is the site of the world's largest indian mascot burial ground. I'm so sorrry.
01-01-2010 08:47 PM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

(01-01-2010 08:22 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  
(01-01-2010 08:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  ASU

03-lmfao

That is a funny line 03-lmfao
01-04-2010 06:58 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Boogie Yates got back a couple of weeks ago, but still not fully recovered-- probably at around 80%.

6-10 wide body Theryn Hudson out indefinitely -- foot problem (not sure of exact diagnosis).

If healthy, we can make some noise-- if not, we won't.
01-04-2010 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(01-04-2010 07:35 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Boogie Yates got back a couple of weeks ago, but still not fully recovered-- probably at around 80%.

6-10 wide body Theryn Hudson out indefinitely -- foot problem (not sure of exact diagnosis).

Didn't Hudson have to redshirt last year due to health issues?
01-04-2010 09:41 PM
RomanFIU Offline
Miami Vice

I Root For: FIU
FIU lost it's tallest player (not like we had a lot of height to begin with) when Nikola Gaseca went down with a torn ACL. So he is out for the year which adds to our height problem
01-05-2010 08:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
WKU's AJ Slaughter has a thumb injury. He only scored six points last night.
01-05-2010 09:14 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(01-04-2010 09:41 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  
(01-04-2010 07:35 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Boogie Yates got back a couple of weeks ago, but still not fully recovered-- probably at around 80%.

Yep. I really don't see him making too much of an impact, even if he does come back. It will take him too long to get into playing shape, and he already plays timid (and he's a huge dude).

I'm thinking we need to let our football strength coach take over the duties for men's hoops. Our guys have the muscle consistency of me. Vandy players looked like they hit the weights early and often.
01-05-2010 12:04 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(01-05-2010 12:04 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(01-04-2010 09:41 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  

Yep. I really don't see him making too much of an impact, even if he does come back. It will take him too long to get into playing shape, and he already plays timid (and he's a huge dude).

I'm thinking we need to let our football strength coach take over the duties for men's hoops. Our guys have the muscle consistency of me. Vandy players looked like they hit the weights early and often.

Tough times in North Texas, too.

Everyone already heard about our starting PG and top returning frontcourt reserve being out for the year in preseason or early in non-conference play.

Eric Tramiel, preseason all-conference 1st team, has a severe wrist injury and still can't use that hand almost a week after the most recent re-aggravation. And now, Richard Thomas has some sort of thigh injury and can't jump.

So, we're down two starters, one of them definitely out for the year and the other looking like he may or may not be able to recover. We're down two critical reserves, too, one of them gone for the year for sure.

Things don't look quite as rosy for our NCAA Tournament prospects as they did about a month ago.
01-05-2010 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.