Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Charlie Strong shows recruiting magic/4 Star on verge of decommit from UGA to UofL
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Charlie Strong shows recruiting magic/4 Star on verge of decommit from UGA to UofL
This is from the Orlando Sentinel. 4 Star OLB/DE B.J. Butler will decommit as soon as he is offered a scholly from Louisville. He is a current commitment to Georgia and had offers from Michigan, Alabama, Florida, (Georgia his current commitment status), Virginia Tech and West Virginia. He has an official visit scheduled for Louisville on January 8th.

Osceola's B.J. Butler awaiting Louisville offer and he'll likely decommit Georgia

By Chris Hays

Orlando Sentinel

2:51 a.m. EST, December 25, 2009

B.J. Butler has not decommitted from his pledge to attend the University of Georgia, but he's close.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound athlete from Kissimmee Osceola is a Louisville offer away from putting the Bulldogs in his rearview mirror.

Ex-Florida defensive coordinator Charlie Strong's exodus to Louisville has caused plenty of stir around the SEC region, and most of it has had a magnetic pull toward the Cardinals. In fact, Butler said late Christmas Eve that he will decommit Georgia if offered by Strong.

"I'm still committed to Georgia, but I'm going up to Louisville for a visit on January 8th," Butler said. "I really want to play for Coach Strong, so I'm thinking about going to Louisville."

Strong, of course, was recruiting Butler fairly hard while with UF, but that did not appeal to Butler and he committed to Georgia early last spring, April 18.

"Coach Strong, he's just a real person," Butler said. "He's a good coach, a good friend. He'll teach you right from wrong and get you right."

Butler had some issues with getting right toward the end of his senior year, when Osceola Coach Jeff Rolson suspended him for the final two games for "disciplinary reasons."

"It wasn't an argument or anything like that," said Butler, who would have been reinstated had Osceola been able to get past Lakeland in the state quarterfinals. "They said I was uncoachable and disrespectful. They told me to hit the house, so I hit the house."

Butler did not say that Georgia's firing of defensive coordinator Willie Martinez had any effect on his decision. He's just very interested in playing for Strong. He's projected as a linebacker/defensive end at the next level, but he played everything from quarterback to wide receiver to linebacker and defensive end for the Kowboys.

And when asked if he would decommit as soon as Louisville offered, Butler said, matter-of-factly, "Yes sir."
Copyright 2009, Orlando Sentinel

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/re...5644.story
12-25-2009 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

frogman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Charlie Strong shows recruiting magic/4 Star on verge of decommit from UGA to UofL
No way Louisville does not take this kid. He's burned his bridges with UGA by talking the way he has.
12-25-2009 10:08 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Charlie Strong shows recruiting magic/4 Star on verge of decommit from UGA to UofL
UGa is losing some kids since they got rid of some of the asistant defensive coaches
12-25-2009 11:23 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-25-2009 11:23 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  UGa is losing some kids since they got rid of some of the asistant defensive coaches

Their DE coach Jon Fobias is rumored to be the current Louisville DLine coach as well.

Also, it is rumored that Todd Chandler-(current USF 4 Star DT recruit) might be up here as well on January 8 for a official visit.
12-25-2009 01:34 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
He is visiting UL 1/8 and 1/22 USF. Our assistant coach Scott has very good relationship with him, so that and the fact he visits USF later gives me a good feeling, but we shall see. I know Michigan and Tennessee are also after him trying to set up visits.
12-25-2009 02:11 PM
Advertisement

lostnaustin Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Horns
Charlie is going to shake things up with the middle of the road SEC teams for a while.
12-25-2009 02:59 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-25-2009 02:11 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  He is visiting UL 1/8 and 1/22 USF. Our assistant coach Scott has very good relationship with him, so that and the fact he visits USF later gives me a good feeling, but we shall see. I know Michigan and Tennessee are also after him trying to set up visits.

I have a feeling that you will see many a Louisville-USF recruiting battles as long as CCS is our coach.
12-25-2009 04:03 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-25-2009 04:03 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(12-25-2009 02:11 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  He is visiting UL 1/8 and 1/22 USF. Our assistant coach Scott has very good relationship with him, so that and the fact he visits USF later gives me a good feeling, but we shall see. I know Michigan and Tennessee are also after him trying to set up visits.

I have a feeling that you will see many a Louisville-USF recruiting battles as long as CCS is our coach.

Im sure of that, if that wasnt the case you guys would be in trouble since florida is his strongest recruiting area
12-25-2009 04:11 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
There are rumors that UC is talking to some of their coaches. Richt seems to be on borrowed times.
12-25-2009 04:16 PM
Advertisement

lostnaustin Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Charlie Strong shows recruiting magic/4 Star on verge of decommit from UGA to Uof
(12-25-2009 04:16 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  There are rumors that UC is talking to some of their coaches. Richt seems to be on borrowed times.

They would be foolish to get rid of Richt. They forget the days of Goff and Donnan.
12-26-2009 10:02 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Where's Vince Dooley when you need him?
12-26-2009 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Charlie Strong shows recruiting magic/4 Star on verge of decommit from UGA to Uof
(12-26-2009 10:02 AM)lostnaustin Wrote:  
(12-25-2009 04:16 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  There are rumors that UC is talking to some of their coaches. Richt seems to be on borrowed times.

They would be foolish to get rid of Richt. They forget the days of Goff and Donnan.

Fans now a days only care about what have you done this season and are ready to fire any coach that doesnt reach their expectations.
12-26-2009 10:49 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
It's the throw away mentality of today's society, Cuban...
12-26-2009 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Welcome to the site... and I agree 100%. Richt is way too good for UGa to turn on this quickly. Maybe one more year of mediocrity should get the discussion going, but not ONLY one year.

Of course, that's life in the SEC... win, and win now.
12-26-2009 12:48 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

You guys are 100% correct. Heck, even Auburn, after a few down years, dumped Tuberville. The year before their undefeated season they stabbed him in the back and secretly negotiated with Petrino. Fans are fickle.
12-26-2009 02:28 PM
lostnaustin Offline
Water Engineer

(12-26-2009 12:48 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  

Welcome to the site... and I agree 100%. Richt is way too good for UGa to turn on this quickly. Maybe one more year of mediocrity should get the discussion going, but not ONLY one year.

Of course, that's life in the SEC... win, and win now.

Thanks. I wonder if Georgia fans remember that they lost 2 high 1st round draft picks also. Considering the players they had on the field, I thought they did pretty good. Did they think they were going to win the SEC with Joe Cox and Caleb King?
12-26-2009 07:21 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

The amazing thing is, Georgia was ranked high in the preseason, and the media and the fans expected great things. Richt said that they had lost a ton of talent, and this was a young team and somewhat rebuilding (at least, when it comes to experience). They just need to leave the guy alone and let him coach. Or someone else is going to reap the benefit of his coaching abilities.
12-26-2009 07:43 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.