Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
USF - Miami !!
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
USF - Miami !!
Well, i'm excited at least. I'll be in section 305, serious nosebleed seats and corner-endzone, but i don't care. Just excited to see the Bulls take the field against the Hurricanes.

Go Bulls! Smash the Canes! 02-13-banana
11-28-2009 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
RE: USF - Miami !!
GO BULLS!!
11-28-2009 10:42 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
It's funny - I flew into town in time for the Louisville game and stuck through Thanksgiving so I'd be here for this one. There was zero buzz for Louisville (despite it being homecoming), and I've been talking to people all week. Everybody's all worked up for this game, and I think therein lies the biggest problem for USF AND our fans.

Before the season, one popular question that was asked was what would make USF fans happier - a Big East championship, but losses to both FSU and Miami or wins over FSU and Miami but finishing middle of the pack in the Big East and going to a mid-level bowl. Almost to a person, they all said they'd take the second choice. I'm in the minority, but I was adamant that I'd have taken the first choice. You can't put a win over FSU or Miami in the trophy case, but you sure as hell can put a Big East trophy in there! Now that we're here, I've talked to a bunch of folks, and they STILL say that they'd rather beat those two schools than win a championship, and I think the team feels the same way.

FWIW, I expect UConn to kick our asses next week...

USFFan
11-28-2009 10:49 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
It's ok usffan, South Florida fans will outgrow that line of thinking. A lot of Cincinnati fans would have taken a win over Ohio. Now, you guys have a win over a big time Florida school, but Cincinnati fans easily take these two Big East championships over never having beat Ohio. Once USF wins a Big East title you guys won't care about beating the Florida schools, unless they happen to be on your schedule. If you had won a Big East title over the last few years these games would be secondary to that championship.
11-28-2009 02:09 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Miami gets the first score to go up 7-0, and holds USF on their first series. If Miami gets another score, it could be a long day for Bulls fans...
11-28-2009 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
So far not looking good for the Bulls. They need to make some plays.
11-28-2009 04:08 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

South Florida needs to step up the offense.
11-28-2009 04:10 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
USF takes one step forward and takes 2 back. They need to step it up on offense.
11-28-2009 04:11 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
The Bulls are being outclased right now and manhandled! This is bad so far, really bad.
11-28-2009 04:14 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

The announcers are making a great point, that USF has to be able to start recruiting talent that is willing to be a backup for a year or to, or add depth. That's the difference between Cincinnati now, and Cincinnati in the past. UC always had great starters, now they have guys on the bench who could start at other schools, and will be starters in the future. South Florida needs to take that next step.
11-28-2009 04:17 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2009 04:17 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  The announcers are making a great point, that USF has to be able to start recruiting talent that is willing to be a backup for a year or to, or add depth. That's the difference between Cincinnati now, and Cincinnati in the past. UC always had great starters, now they have guys on the bench who could start at other schools, and will be starters in the future. South Florida needs to take that next step.

Agreed. That's why they are always fading in Nov/Dec. UCONN also has done a nice job building depth. We lost a lot of starters this year but guys behind them are jumping right in and doing a good job.

USF better wake up and score here. If they don't, it could get ugly.
11-28-2009 04:23 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

How in the hell did WVU lose so badly to this team? They've done absolutely nothing since... 03-banghead
11-28-2009 04:37 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

USF is really stinking it up. I am start to wondering about Levitt as a coach. How do you not get up for a game against Miami in front of your 3rd sell out stadium?
11-28-2009 04:38 PM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
Is anybody in Louisville getting blacked out on this game? They have ESPNews at my inlaws on ESPN. ABC has VTech and VA on. I don't understand why this game is blacked out.
11-28-2009 04:38 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Is South Florida still going to the Gator Bowl?
11-28-2009 04:39 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
(11-28-2009 04:38 PM)bww Wrote:  Is anybody in Louisville getting blacked out on this game? They have ESPNews at my inlaws on ESPN. ABC has VTech and VA on. I don't understand why this game is blacked out.

Are you watching the ESPN HD feed? Change over to the ESPN standard definition channel. It should have the game.
11-28-2009 04:41 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2009 04:39 PM)WacoBearcat Wrote:  Is South Florida still going to the Gator Bowl?

I hope not. They are stinking up the joint. WVU is probably going to the Gator.
11-28-2009 04:42 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

USF can forget about the Gator. The only team that will keep WVU out of the Jacksonville is Notre Dame, and I seriously doubt that will happen...

Pitt could if they had any fans to speak of. But we all know that's a pipe dream...
11-28-2009 04:44 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
This is a ******* joke. No life in USF at all.
11-28-2009 04:46 PM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-28-2009 04:41 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  
(11-28-2009 04:38 PM)bww Wrote:  Is anybody in Louisville getting blacked out on this game? They have ESPNews at my inlaws on ESPN. ABC has VTech and VA on. I don't understand why this game is blacked out.

Are you watching the ESPN HD feed? Change over to the ESPN standard definition channel. It should have the game.

That is exactly what I was watching. Now I can't get control of the remote because the women are engrossed in some stupid wedding movie. damn, damn, damn, damn,.... Looks like espn360 for me.

Thanks Matt
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2009 04:51 PM by bww.)
11-28-2009 04:50 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.