Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How will the dummy-crats make health care affordable?
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
How will the dummy-crats make health care affordable?
Can one of the liberal posters on this board explain the math? I keep hearing healthcare will be more affordable to Americans but never has the cost per family been explained. I have heard that $300 - $500 million will be stolen from medicare to pay for this. The same medicare program that is projected to be insolvent by 2017. If medicare does not even have enough money to fund itself, how can it fund healthcare reform with an imaginary surplus? Next I have read the Congressional Budget Office says the current proposal would increase taxes on families with incomes over $100K on their employer paid benefits programs, this increase could be as much as $10K per family depending on the "value" of the benefits. What about President Hussein's promise to only increase tax on families with incomes over $250K? 03-confused How does paying $10K more for the same benefits make it more affordable? 03-confused How would charging more for to families with higher incomes IF a public/single payer plan is approved make it more affordable? 03-confused Shouldn't everyone pay the same rate for the same coverage unless discounts were given to nonsmokers and people with healthier lifestyles?
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 03:52 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
10-12-2009 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
RE: How will the dummy-crats make health care affordable?
I hope they put a tax on carbon to pay for it. If what you propose comes to fruition it's not fair and they will pay for it at the ballot box.
10-12-2009 03:53 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
This is actually not a hard question to answer, and answer honestly.

The only way the US Government makes health care available and affordable to all is to raise taxes on all but the lowest classes of citizenry.
10-12-2009 03:58 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(10-12-2009 03:53 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I hope they put a tax on carbon to pay for it. If what you propose comes to fruition it's not fair and they will pay for it at the ballot box.

I don't think he's proposing that, just noting what will be inevitable.

The Obama administration's numbers have never worked. I don't know whether they are simply incompetent or are actively engaged in deceiving and defrauding the public, but those are the only two possibilities I see. If you see another explanation, please enlighten us.

I think if they put the real numbers out there, they would lose a lot of their public support. Instead, they are hoping to pass everything in stealth mode, and by the time people figure out what hit them it will be too late. I don't know whether they are going to be able to pull it off or not.

As for your carbon tax idea, I favor a carbon tax, but if the vast majority of it is not offset by tax relief elsewhere, the effect on the economy will be devastating. To the extent it is not fully offset, any residual net revenues should be devoted to building infrastructure to facilitate energy conservation (and particularly fossil energy conservation) in the future--mass transit and high speed rail powered by electricity; wind, solar, and nuclear generation capacity; and grid improvements to get that new power to the people who need to use it.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 04:26 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
10-12-2009 04:24 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
It is simple. The federal gov't is pushing the increased costs out to the individual states. Which will result in higher property taxes. That is the hidden cost. States in the NE, like R.I. NY that do not have many uninsured or undocumented illegals will not be hit as hard as Fla, Tx, Kalif, and most of the southern states. Its a shell game that they are playing with the numbers.
10-12-2009 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
They are playing any number of shell games with the numbers. The numbers don't work, and they know it. The numbers never have worked for them. They didn't work in Obama's campaign literature. Not even close. But America hated Shrub so much that nobody really kicked the tires very hard.

Now they are in power, and they are finding out that it's pretty hard to make a lie come true.

At some point the chickens will come home to roost. It will not be pretty.
10-12-2009 04:48 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Rick Perry has said he is not going to accept Washington's plan for Texas. Texas has more uninsured and undocumented, than anywhere else in the country. Now, I read in the chron, that because the fed does not track people that overstay their visa, Texas leads in that category also. Dems don't seem to care since Texas is a Red state. As you know, Rick Perry is running for Governor again and to get re-elected he is not going to be able to take this Fed. Gov't take over 18% of the states budget.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 11:15 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
10-12-2009 10:04 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(10-12-2009 03:48 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  If medicare does not even have enough money to fund itself, how can it fund healthcare reform with an imaginary surplus?

Ever hear of Logan's Run?
10-12-2009 10:08 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(10-12-2009 03:53 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I hope they put a tax on carbon to pay for it. If what you propose comes to fruition it's not fair and they will pay for it at the ballot box.

IN GENERAL, the democratic approach appeals to the recipients of free services and those who can deduct many of their living expenses as business expenses (people in the public eye)... so the extremes of the financial world. Only those who have to pay for these things would revolt... and not many of them vote that way as it is.
10-12-2009 11:01 PM
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Democrats make everyone feel poor and dependent on them for benefits. They don't want to lower unemployment because they can then take credit for extending unemployment benefits. They brag about creating jobs. Yeah fast food jobs that pay minimum wage so those folks stay loyal to the Democrats. If they created real jobs like over 50k, then those folks would become Republicans due to the high tax rates above 50k in income. Limo Liberals are so rich taxes really don't matter any more. They enjoy the power of being king makers. For middle class they are not rich enough to afford higher taxes, or poor enough to get free benefits. The middle will fit the bill for the health care bill as just taxing the rich isn't enough to cover the cost.
10-13-2009 12:18 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Here's a summary of part of the shell game

http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/20...rlier.html

New taxes start way before benefits kick in. A side bonus is that the new taxes will stifle the economy further.
10-13-2009 07:28 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
This sums it up.

10-14-2009 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.