Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Global Force for Good
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI
A Global Force for Good

Any thoughts on the new slogan? Anyone interested in joining up now?
10-12-2009 12:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: A Global Force for Good
Yeah, I have a thought. The damn Army should hire the Navy's marketing team. "An Army of One"? Are you serious? In a branch that promotes team work? Hell, how about, "We do more before 6AM than most people do all day"? Who in the **** would be enticed by that?
10-12-2009 12:57 AM
Quote this message in a reply
neillis Offline
We all fell in the pit.

I Root For: Insert Team
(10-12-2009 12:48 AM)T-Monay820 Wrote:  

Any thoughts on the new slogan? Anyone interested in joining up now?

If I weren't a diabetic I would have enlisted already. Great slogan.
10-12-2009 01:36 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-12-2009 12:57 AM)Rebel Wrote:  Yeah, I have a thought. The damn Army should hire the Navy's marketing team. "An Army of One"? Are you serious? In a branch that promotes team work? Hell, how about, "We do more before 6AM than most people do all day"? Who in the **** would be enticed by that?

somehow the Sopranos made a whole episode titled and based on that slogan, "Army of One". If I remember correctly, Tony didn't get it either.

They all need new slogans like the Navy, and to make people understand how forces abroad affect their liberty at home. fatigue, absent another attack, is just going to lead to more protectionist and isolationist moods as time goes by.
10-12-2009 08:11 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
A Global Force for Good.. alas only 280 ships, with the newer classes way over budget and in the case of the San Antonio class LPD's.. a floating POS that need another 6 months in the yard to get all the systems working right.
10-12-2009 01:15 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
You want to increase recruiting? How about "A Women In Every Port."

A Global Force for Good sounds, well, forced. It doesn't flow out of the mouth very well (in my adimitedly non-MBA marketing degree having mouth.)

A Global Force for Change sounds and flows a little better. Good sounds so ambiguous, though I imagine it plays off the Good vs. Evil template.
10-12-2009 01:45 PM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
I've heard the trend is toward a 220 ship Navy at least for the intermediate term, although I don't think that's what anyone has recommended. It's just a combination of backtracking on prior long term plans and ships coming out of service.
10-12-2009 01:58 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
With the new USCG, USMC, and USN plan there are provisions for new marketing within all of those branches. We really need new people in the Coast Guard (immediately). We have a girl that's been out of boot for 2 weeks training on-the-job for lead gunner, when she has never touched a weapon, due to the fact that we have a lack in manpower. That adds to the stress of those non-rates because they also have to run all of these details and deal with the fact that they are on the front trigger when they can't even drink yet. Now that can be a good thing because we can say that the new guys will be experts and supervisors by the time they are 20, but we are still undermanned. I can't wait until our new campaign comes out.

But as far as advancing our fleet, we need to make sure that we can refurbish and/or build some ships. Some of the berthings are actually cots held up by chains. We need more funding.
10-12-2009 02:22 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(10-12-2009 01:58 PM)I45owl Wrote:  I've heard the trend is toward a 220 ship Navy at least for the intermediate term, although I don't think that's what anyone has recommended. It's just a combination of backtracking on prior long term plans and ships coming out of service.

220 (counting submarines along with amphibs and ships like the LCS) is 7 or 8 carrier groups. That won't work. You can't keep your crews because of long term deployments required from 8 groups. Didn't the base NROTC obligation just go up to 5 years?

With 11 carrier groups under the current deployment structure you are looking at 6-8 month deployments as it is. Cutting back to 7-8 groups makes sense only when you look at the "naval fighter procurement gap." The F-18C as well as some of the E/F "Rino" will be worn out by 2015-- there won't be enough planes for 11 carriers.
10-12-2009 08:08 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(10-12-2009 01:45 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  You want to increase recruiting? How about "A Women In Every Port."

A Global Force for Good sounds, well, forced. It doesn't flow out of the mouth very well (in my adimitedly non-MBA marketing degree having mouth.)

A Global Force for Change sounds and flows a little better. Good sounds so ambiguous, though I imagine it plays off the Good vs. Evil template.

There is serious consideration to allowing women sailors on submarines... which gives "Hot Bunking" a real possibility.
10-12-2009 08:10 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(10-12-2009 12:57 AM)Rebel Wrote:  Yeah, I have a thought. The damn Army should hire the Navy's marketing team. "An Army of One"? Are you serious? In a branch that promotes team work? Hell, how about, "We do more before 6AM than most people do all day"? Who in the **** would be enticed by that?

The best commercial I've seen is the one where they show a beach at night and then the screen goes dark as the moon is covered by clouds. When the moon light re-illuminates the beach there are 4 sets of footprints on it.
10-12-2009 10:06 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

The Army always has good membership because of their benefits, they don't need a lot of advertising and whatnot. But, I do have friends that think they should get rid of one thing for aesthetic purposes, the standard issue berets. On Rangers and Special Forces they look tough; on cooks and admins, they look like they aren't earned.
10-12-2009 10:26 PM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion
(10-12-2009 10:06 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

The best commercial I've seen is the one where they show a beach at night and then the screen goes dark as the moon is covered by clouds. When the moon light re-illuminates the beach there are 4 sets of footprints on it.

10-12-2009 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

(10-12-2009 10:59 PM)SouthGAEagle Wrote:  
(10-12-2009 10:06 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

I concur, that is the best Navy one. I think the Marine Corps has the strongest of almost any campaign I have ever seen. Every time I watch it, I double think my decision to join the Navy. Then I realize I really don't like PT all that much and go back to eating my Cheezy Poofs while sitting on my couch watching football.
10-13-2009 12:15 AM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

Well they finally realized they were in trouble when they had to release ads that explained the meaning more fully.
10-13-2009 12:21 AM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

(10-12-2009 08:10 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  There is serious consideration to allowing women sailors on submarines... which gives "Hot Bunking" a real possibility.

From the PR its been getting I would bet 80% chance AT THE LEAST of this happening. If it keeps getting all this attention along with the Don't Ask, Don't Tell debates, there's no way Congress could possibly stop this if its got ADM Mullen, Roughead, and the SECNAV and SECDEF's backing. It'll be fun to see who gets stuck with trying to get the boats ready by Congress's rediculous timeline though.
10-13-2009 12:23 AM
Advertisement

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

Finally, I can't stand watching the AF commercials. "Do something amazing"? Like fix planes or write reports? Load cargo on and off a cargo plane? Sit behind a monitor and watch satellite reports from inside an underground silo? The CG does more exciting stuff in a week than the AF does in months. God forbid you enlist. The primary aircraft the AF pushes is there recently canned Raptors. Of which there are only 145 in service, and oh BTW, you have to be an officer to fly. Sorry enlistees.

Sorry to rant, but the AF really irks me. Maybe its just being around all the AFROTC cadets who think they're hot **** cause they're all gonna be pilots (which they're not). Yeah they have a mission (at times), but its really not that exciting except for the lucky few.
10-13-2009 12:29 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(10-13-2009 12:23 AM)T-Monay820 Wrote:  
(10-12-2009 08:10 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  There is serious consideration to allowing women sailors on submarines... which gives "Hot Bunking" a real possibility.

From the PR its been getting I would bet 80% chance AT THE LEAST of this happening. If it keeps getting all this attention along with the Don't Ask, Don't Tell debates, there's no way Congress could possibly stop this if its got ADM Mullen, Roughead, and the SECNAV and SECDEF's backing. It'll be fun to see who gets stuck with trying to get the boats ready by Congress's rediculous timeline though.

I wasn't in the service, but from the submariners I've known, it's hard for me to reconcile opposition to both Don't Ask, Don't Tell and co-ed submarines. Just sayin...
10-13-2009 09:57 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(10-13-2009 09:57 AM)I45owl Wrote:  
(10-13-2009 12:23 AM)T-Monay820 Wrote:  

I wasn't in the service, but from the submariners I've known, it's hard for me to reconcile opposition to both Don't Ask, Don't Tell and co-ed submarines. Just sayin...

It ought to be interesting since they already allow women in Nuke School for carriers sooner or later they will graduate a female nuke for a submarine.
10-13-2009 10:13 AM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2009 12:29 AM)T-Monay820 Wrote:  Finally, I can't stand watching the AF commercials. "Do something amazing"? Like fix planes or write reports? Load cargo on and off a cargo plane? Sit behind a monitor and watch satellite reports from inside an underground silo? The CG does more exciting stuff in a week than the AF does in months. God forbid you enlist. The primary aircraft the AF pushes is there recently canned Raptors. Of which there are only 145 in service, and oh BTW, you have to be an officer to fly. Sorry enlistees.

Sorry to rant, but the AF really irks me. Maybe its just being around all the AFROTC cadets who think they're hot **** cause they're all gonna be pilots (which they're not). Yeah they have a mission (at times), but its really not that exciting except for the lucky few.

Don't believe the USCG excitement hype. Most of our work is also moving papers, painting, and cleaning. The only thing more exciting than the rest of the services is because you are placed into a leadership billet right after you get on the job training. The truth is that hurricanes, immigrants, and drug busts don't happen everyday and that's where our excitement lies. If the AF isn't more exciting than us that is sad.
10-13-2009 11:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.