Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

beatdown to be televizzled
Bookmark and Share
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
beatdown to be televizzled
our game against the midshipmen will be televised on cbs college sports. it's a channel i don't subscribe to but one of the things i like about our local insight cable is whenever a wku game is televised on an offshoot channel like that or espn the ocho, insight will make that channel available.

although i predict a beatdown of epic proportions i will be in front of the 52" sharp aquos watching it in living color. if only so i will have something to beat eLLLLLLLLLLLson down with this week.

i really like playing the service academies. i especially like playing navy as not all of those players will end up being squid officers. many of them will end up as marine officers and god only knows we need more of them with what is going on in the world.

i watched them play ohio state and they gave them everything they wanted. they also played pitt a good game on the road. it's a tough offense to prepare for as you may only see it one time a year.

i heard a stat and don't know if it's true but they said that the 2 lowest penalized teams in 1a last year were army and navy. i thought that was pretty cool. think 'discipline' has anything to do with that???

i would love a win. i WANT eLLLLLLLLLLLson to be successful. after watching our first three games, i just don't see it remotely happening. eLLLLLLLLLLLson has had us on a downhill slide since he took over. it's been progressively worse long before we became 1a. he talks a good talk. says all of the right things but so far he hasn't been able to back it up.

gametime is 2:30 p.m. cdt.
09-26-2009 10:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan111 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
RE: beatdown to be televizzled
Gawd you guys are gonna get thumped. Welcome to FBS football.
09-26-2009 11:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Yeah, I watched the Navy vs OSU game also. You guys are in for a tough game today; good luck to the Toppers . . . 04-cheers
09-26-2009 11:58 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(09-26-2009 11:58 AM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  Yeah, I watched the Navy vs OSU game also. You guys are in for a tough game today; good luck to the Toppers . . . 04-cheers

thanks for the good luck wish wolfman.....as a fan, there is always that thought in the back of your mind that maybe today will be the day we turn it around. it is what keeps you coming back.

is it logical??? heck no...not if you watched our first 3 games. but it's always there....at least until the other team scores on their first drive and then you go 3 and out.
09-26-2009 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyRed Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Navy is a 28.5 point favorite today and very well could rush for 500 yards today... Shock the world Western!
09-26-2009 12:58 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-26-2009 12:35 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(09-26-2009 11:58 AM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  Yeah, I watched the Navy vs OSU game also. You guys are in for a tough game today; good luck to the Toppers . . . 04-cheers

thanks for the good luck wish wolfman.....as a fan, there is always that thought in the back of your mind that maybe today will be the day we turn it around. it is what keeps you coming back.

is it logical??? heck no...not if you watched our first 3 games. but it's always there....at least until the other team scores on their first drive and then you go 3 and out.

It is what makes us fans of our schools through the good and the not so good years . . . I lived through a decade of losing at stAte . . . I always thought next game, next season, next decade we win . . . 03-lmfao

Keep the faith . . . 02-13-banana
09-26-2009 01:19 PM
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Don't look now Dabheed, but I am seeing something that looks suspiciously like improvement today.
09-26-2009 03:28 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

navy marched straight down the field on first drive for easy t.d.
7-0 navy
wku marches all the way to the 1 and fumbles.
navy marches stratigh down the field and settles for f.g.
10-0 navy
wku marches for t.d. pass from jakes to rainey
10-7 navy
navy fumbles on second play of drive.
wku marches for t.d. run by jakes on great fake up middle and bootleg.
14-10 wku
navy marches and makes it look easy with play action pass (first pass of game)
17-14 navy

halftime.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009 03:54 PM by dahbeed.)
09-26-2009 03:35 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(09-26-2009 03:28 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  Don't look now Dabheed, but I am seeing something that looks suspiciously like improvement today.

there was definite improvement. it was called 'kawaun jakes'. further proof of what an idiot eLLLLLLLLLLLson is that this kid was behind brandon smith.

nothing against brandon the kid....he's a parent's wet dream. but jakes is so far superior of an athlete it's ludicrous that jakes hasn't been starting from day one.

one thing that has surprised me is his poise as a r.s. freshman in his first start. good looking player.
09-26-2009 03:54 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-26-2009 03:54 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(09-26-2009 03:28 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  Don't look now Dabheed, but I am seeing something that looks suspiciously like improvement today.

there was definite improvement. it was called 'kawaun jakes'. further proof of what an idiot eLLLLLLLLLLLson is that this kid was behind brandon smith.

nothing against brandon the kid....he's a parent's wet dream. but jakes is so far superior of an athlete it's ludicrous that jakes hasn't been starting from day one.

one thing that has surprised me is his poise as a r.s. freshman in his first start. good looking player.

That seems really unfair. The snaps that Jakes had taken up to this game really gave no indication that he could do any better than Smith. Elson said that Jakes is one of the most improved players from spring practice (implying that there were reasons to give him pause about Jakes). Picking the 5th year senior over the redshirt freshman doesn't necesarily make Elson an idiot.

I for one am very heartened by the fact that so many of the guys actually making plays for us are freshmen and sophmores.
09-26-2009 04:00 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

update on game.

wku marches down for game tying field goal and tinius shanks one like i did when i played golf.

navy marches right down the field with ease for t.d.
24-14
navy
*of course i'm a homer but navy w.r.'s appear to be getting away with some holds on the edge on pitches.
navy marches with ease again....they may set a record rushing against us. t.d.
31-14
wku pass intercepted by navy off of batted ball....soon to be 38-14.
another t.d. by dobbs the q.b.
38-14
navy
*oh no....we suck again.
jakes appears to be the real deal. marches us down the field and throws a laser to brooks for a t.d. 2 point conversion good.
38-22
navy
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009 05:21 PM by dahbeed.)
09-26-2009 04:32 PM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

final score 38-22 navy.

our offense clicked better than it has all year mainly due to the q.b. the o-line played better but still had way too many penalties and allowed navy to get pressure on the q.b. without sending anybody.

our defense was embarrassing. eLLLLLLLLLLLLson still believes in the 3-4 but it doesn't appear he has the horses to play it. that one is on him.

we're still staring straight down the barrell at 0-12. especially since eLLLLLLLLLLLLson has looked like a monkey screwin' a football in the past when it came to q.b. controversy.

he has one now. he said all week long that if brandon smith were healthy he's the starting q.b. let's see if he sticks with that after the game that jakes just had.

this is a big 6'3 q.b. that can make all of the throws. brandon is a great kid but barely 6' on a good day and does not have the arm to make the throws. he's tough as nails and will give up his body but he is nowhere near the player that jakes is.

losing streak is now at 12 straight. we play bye next week so that gives us time to heal up any injuries. clendenen's replacement at nose tackle got killed. hopefully clendenen will be back by the time we play fiu.
09-26-2009 05:52 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-26-2009 05:52 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  final score 38-22 navy.

our offense clicked better than it has all year mainly due to the q.b. the o-line played better but still had way too many penalties and allowed navy to get pressure on the q.b. without sending anybody.

our defense was embarrassing. eLLLLLLLLLLLLson still believes in the 3-4 but it doesn't appear he has the horses to play it. that one is on him.

we're still staring straight down the barrell at 0-12. especially since eLLLLLLLLLLLLson has looked like a monkey screwin' a football in the past when it came to q.b. controversy.

he has one now. he said all week long that if brandon smith were healthy he's the starting q.b. let's see if he sticks with that after the game that jakes just had.

this is a big 6'3 q.b. that can make all of the throws. brandon is a great kid but barely 6' on a good day and does not have the arm to make the throws. he's tough as nails and will give up his body but he is nowhere near the player that jakes is.

losing streak is now at 12 straight. we play bye next week so that gives us time to heal up any injuries. clendenen's replacement at nose tackle got killed. hopefully clendenen will be back by the time we play fiu.

CONGRATS to the Toppers; good showing against a good Navy football squad. As a point of reference looking only at the final score:

Navy 38, WKU 22 (First year of FBS football)
Navy 32, La Tech 14 (Playing FBS football for many years)

I see a lot of potential here Toppers . . . 02-13-banana
09-26-2009 06:09 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(09-26-2009 06:09 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  CONGRATS to the Toppers; good showing against a good Navy football squad. As a point of reference looking only at the final score:

Navy 38, WKU 22 (First year of FBS football)
Navy 32, La Tech 14 (Playing FBS football for many years)

I see a lot of potential here Toppers . . . 02-13-banana

thanks for the kudos wolfie....it was very neat at the end of the game when wku's players gathered up behind the navy players as the band played on. very touching when you look at the navy player's faces and know where they might be in a couple of years.

glad we could take a beating as well as a team that has been playing at an elite level for many years....la tech.
09-26-2009 06:21 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Lookout SBC the Toppers have a quarterback !!04-rock
Seriously Jakes was very impressive 22 of 28 for 276 yards. Hopefully Coach Elson will have enough sense to not bring Smith back. This will give us a better chance to win a game somewhere down the line. Defense needs some help though, Navy ran the ball at will. 03-banghead
09-26-2009 06:21 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-26-2009 06:21 PM)Franko Wrote:  Lookout SBC the Toppers have a quarterback !!04-rock
Seriously Jakes was very impressive 22 of 28 for 276 yards. Hopefully Coach Elson will have enough sense to not bring Smith back. This will give us a better chance to win a game somewhere down the line. Defense needs some help though, Navy ran the ball at will. 03-banghead

Agreed. If you've got a freshman out performing the 5th year senior then heck run with it and prepare for the future.
09-26-2009 06:35 PM
Advertisement

WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
I am shocked to say the least - not over my bitter taste from last week but it is fading a bit now.
09-26-2009 10:45 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
You guys gave them a good run! Way to go!
09-26-2009 11:20 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
I was thinking WKU might actually score an upset
09-27-2009 12:52 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

(09-27-2009 12:52 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I was thinking WKU might actually score an upset

glad that someone thought that but what on god's green earth led you to believe we could beat them after our horrendous losses in the first 3 games?

i was very pleased with our progress on offense but our dee was terrible.

everyone wants to write it off as nobody does well against navy's o but
i'm not entirely sold on that.
09-27-2009 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.