Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ObamaCare completely tanks
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
ObamaCare completely tanks
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinio...57892.html

Quote:A top-to-bottom, government-run health care system is clearly not popular with 2010 voters. Fifty-eight percent of voters in states with competitive 2010 Senate races oppose the creation of a government-run health care system, or "single-payer" system, where the federal government pays for and provides health care for all Americans. Fifty-five percent of voters in competitive 2010 House districts oppose a "single-payer" system.
Less popular with 2010 voters is a key provision in Sen. Max Baucus', D-Mont., recently unveiled health care bill that would require all Americans to purchase health insurance or face a hefty fine. A clear majority of voters in competitive Senate races (68 percent) oppose such a provision, as do 70 percent of voters in competitive House races.

Also unpopular is the so-called "employer mandate," which would require large and small businesses to provide health insurance to their employees or face a fine. Fifty-nine percent of voters in competitive Senate races oppose the "employer mandate," as do 60 percent of voters in competitive House races.

President Obama's proposal for a new government agency called the "Independent Medicare Advisory Council," which some fear would use its powers to deny payments for certain procedures that it deems unnecessary or futile, does not appear to sit well with crucial 2010 midterm voters.

Fifty-nine percent of voters in close 2010 Senate races oppose the creation of such an agency, while only 31 percent would support it. Sixty percent of voters in close 2010 House races oppose the idea, and just 29 percent support it.

Voters also oppose new taxes on employer-provided health care benefits. A whopping 77 percent of voters in 2010 Senate races oppose this tax, as do 80 percent of voters in 2010 House races.

Also tremendously unpopular is the notion of raising taxes to pay for a new government health insurance program to cover the roughly 26 million Americans who can afford to purchase health insurance (but choose not to purchase it for whatever reason) and the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. Seventy-seven percent of midterm Senate election voters oppose new taxes for such a program, and 76 percent of midterm House election voters are in opposition as well.
09-22-2009 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: ObamaCare completely tanks
Alas, we're missing out on the Marxist paradise our leaders aspire to give us.

Truly a missed opportunity.
09-22-2009 04:13 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(09-22-2009 04:13 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Alas, we're missing out on the Marxist paradise our leaders aspire to give us.

Like what happened with TARP? Somehow I doubt this is going to go away.03-banghead
09-22-2009 04:47 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(09-22-2009 04:47 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(09-22-2009 04:13 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Alas, we're missing out on the Marxist paradise our leaders aspire to give us.

Like what happened with TARP? Somehow I doubt this is going to go away.03-banghead

Yep, Father Barack has a hard-on for Universal Health Care and he only thinks with that " One Head".

This stupidity will keep making its way to Committee after Committee so as to waste time trying to build that "Father Barack Legacy" and do absolutely noting for the masses as a whole.

This is "Only About Winning Now', it has very little to do with making sure some poor sap has Health Insurance and that is one sad ass way to run the Oval Office.

09-22-2009 05:44 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
I saw him on Letterman. I got a question for you. When have you ever heard anybody compare themselves to other great people as Obama did last night. Obama does not let other people do it for him, he compares himself to FDR, JFK, even talks about Regan. The man is nothing but EGO.

It's like a rookie baseball player comparing himself to Griffy, McGuire. Crazy what he gets away with.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2009 09:14 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
09-22-2009 09:13 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
History will compare him to Carter. Failure.
09-23-2009 08:19 AM
claytonbigsby Offline
Banned

I Root For: the movement
(09-23-2009 08:19 AM)Paul M Wrote:  History will compare him to Carter. Failure.

Well, it looks like he will get 2 terms. I don't know anybody that will be able to raise $1 Billion. $750-1 Billion is what it's going to take to beat him, because he will raise a Billion.
09-23-2009 08:41 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-22-2009 09:13 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  I saw him on Letterman. I got a question for you. When have you ever heard anybody compare themselves to other great people as Obama did last night. Obama does not let other people do it for him, he compares himself to FDR, JFK, even talks about Regan. The man is nothing but EGO.

This.
09-23-2009 08:46 AM
Quote this message in a reply
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Unless the GOP wins congress and he goes the clinton route and moderates, 2 Obama terms will tear this country apart.
09-23-2009 09:00 AM
Advertisement

claytonbigsby Offline
Banned

(09-23-2009 09:00 AM)GGniner Wrote:  Unless the GOP wins congress and he goes the clinton route and moderates, 2 Obama terms will tear this country apart.

That's what will happen.
09-23-2009 09:20 AM
claytonbigsby Offline
Banned

(09-23-2009 08:46 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(09-22-2009 09:13 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  I saw him on Letterman. I got a question for you. When have you ever heard anybody compare themselves to other great people as Obama did last night. Obama does not let other people do it for him, he compares himself to FDR, JFK, even talks about Regan. The man is nothing but EGO.

This.

What person running for president or president doesn't have an ego. They all have egos (sp?). Even the media covering them has egos, this country has become all egos. So many stars, and no fans.
09-23-2009 09:22 AM
Tripster Offline

(09-23-2009 09:22 AM)claytonbigsby Wrote:  

This.

What person running for president or president doesn't have an ego. They all have egos (sp?). Even the media covering them has egos, this country has become all egos. So many stars, and no fans.

Yeah there are "ego's" and then there are "EGO'S".

Father Barack has one of those "EGO'S" that will get a bunch of people killed just so he can prove a point and not really make any substantive progression toward bettering the United States.

This guy is Writing Checks his Gimlet Ass WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CASH and it is all on our backs.

The dude is a True Psychiatric Egomaniac and I would have to add that he has Sociopathic Tendencies and is a Super Pure Blood Narcissist. He has no feelings other than for his own self and his own power.

Nikita Khrushchev was that kind of lunatic and look where it brought us during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I DO NOT TRUST Father Barack in anyway. form, or fashion.

Anyone who allows himself to be portrayed as Jesus Christ over and over and loves it, has a "God Complex that is pure Deadly".

09-23-2009 10:53 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(09-23-2009 09:22 AM)claytonbigsby Wrote:  What person running for president or president doesn't have an ego. They all have egos (sp?).

They claim (and are supposed to) represent all Americans but it's all about their legacy.
09-23-2009 11:13 AM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-23-2009 08:41 AM)claytonbigsby Wrote:  
(09-23-2009 08:19 AM)Paul M Wrote:  History will compare him to Carter. Failure.

Well, it looks like he will get 2 terms. I don't know anybody that will be able to raise $1 Billion. $750-1 Billion is what it's going to take to beat him, because he will raise a Billion.

You can get two terms and still be a failure. See Bush, G.W.
09-23-2009 11:47 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(09-23-2009 09:22 AM)claytonbigsby Wrote:  

This.

The issue is not about EGO, Ego may be the cause and the effect, but I am intrigued by Obama’s extraordinary self-referentialism. We have a Prez that is unparalleled in history that is so arrogant that he has no problem talking in public about how great he is by pointing to other great people and saying "See, I'm just like them". I've never seen anything like it in my life, and the fact that people EAT IT UP, makes him so egomaniacal that you cannot help making the comparison to Hitler, Stalin, Mao or even Neapolitan. It's that very Egotism, that was the hallmark of these men's evil.

Alright so I mentioned Hitler, and you guys are already shutting down, but just for a moment think how Obama is when he gets in his "preacher mode", you all have seen it, the world has seen it, it's an uncanny resemblance.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2009 12:39 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
09-23-2009 12:21 PM
Tripster Offline

(09-23-2009 11:47 AM)Smaug Wrote:  
(09-23-2009 08:41 AM)claytonbigsby Wrote:  

You can get two terms and still be a failure. See Bush, G.W.

GW only truly failed Domestically ,,,,, Father Barack is killing himself to destroy the United States nail-by-nail and brick-by-brick so we are some "Has Been 3rd World Wasteland".

He has a "New Vision" you know ......

09-23-2009 03:21 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(09-23-2009 03:21 PM)Tripster Wrote:  He has a "New Vision" you know ......

With vision like that I'm willing to help pay for a seeing eye dog to help him out a little.
09-23-2009 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.