Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michigan analysis of the game
Bookmark and Share
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
Michigan analysis of the game
http://mgoblog.com/content/preview-easte...0#comments

Some snarky comments, but I think it fairly indepth analysis of the matchup.
09-18-2009 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Michigan analysis of the game
(09-18-2009 01:07 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  http://mgoblog.com/content/preview-easte...0#comments

What I really want to know is...WHO IS WOLVERINEEAGLE ROOTING FOR? Don't give a lame "I just want a close game" response. Tell us who you want to win the game. Will you be wearing Walmart Blue or EMU Green?
09-18-2009 03:10 PM
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
(09-18-2009 03:10 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
(09-18-2009 01:07 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  http://mgoblog.com/content/preview-easte...0#comments

What I really want to know is...WHO IS WOLVERINEEAGLE ROOTING FOR? Don't give a lame "I just want a close game" response. Tell us who you want to win the game. Will you be wearing Walmart Blue or EMU Green?

As much as I follow EMU, I'll be rooting for UM. I know that won't be popular here, but I've followed UM since I was a little boy. I am much too emotionially attached to Michigan to cheer against them.

Michigan football is like the Tigers are for many in Detroit. I grew up watching Michigan with my dad. I have lived and died with Michigan since I can remember. I can't say that about EMU.

I went to school to EMU, but never became attached. The friends I have now are the ones I met in HS. The job I have owes nothing to my experience at EMU. I wrote for the Echo and interned in the SID office, but I also never lived on campus and pretty hung out in Ann Arbor.

Being from the area(saline), Michigan football has always been "my" team.

For every other sport I will cheer EMU on against UM, but not against the Winged Helmet. Too much emotion there with the connection between me and my father over UM football. Call me a "Wal Mart Wolverine" if you will. I don't care.

Some on here obviously had a much better and meaningful experience at EMU. Mine was that of a commuter. I came, studied, and graduated. I didn't acquire anything at EMU other than a degree.My friends I have are the same ones I had in HS.The memories of my college years are absent of EMU related activities.

My experience is not unusual. Many EMU grads and students experience the samething which is why support is so bad for the athletic programs. EMU is a commuter school. It has a transitory base of students and alums who come and go with nary clue or concern of what happened on campus.

That I am on here and Mlive shows that I do care, but not the extent that others on here. You guys obviously had a much fuller experience at EMU than I. Perhaps that explains the difference in feelings towards EMU.
09-18-2009 04:42 PM
Advertisement

Eagles2008 Offline
2nd String

Thanks for your honesty wolverineeagle...I can appreciate that.
09-18-2009 07:04 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I can appreciate the honesty also (and I hope EMU spoils the day for you).

I grew up a hard core Wolverine fan. Went to many games back in the late-70's and into the 80's. Started rooting for both when I went to EMU. Then I saw the big picture and how much the sporting world revolve$ around UM and started to despise them. The arrogance and disrespect towards non-major conference teams was a big part of it.
09-18-2009 09:04 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

(09-18-2009 09:04 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  I can appreciate the honesty also (and I hope EMU spoils the day for you).

I grew up a hard core Wolverine fan. Went to many games back in the late-70's and into the 80's. Started rooting for both when I went to EMU. Then I saw the big picture and how much the sporting world revolve$ around UM and started to despise them. The arrogance and disrespect towards non-major conference teams was a big part of it.

For me, being an Eastern Michigan University grad, it would be like rooting against my own family if I were to root for U-M over Eastern Michigan University. I didn't go to school at the U-M . . . . didn't even want to. I wanted to go to Eastern Michigan University and am glad I did. I had a GREAT time at Eastern Michigan University. I had such a great time that I got booted after my freshman year! That shook me up a lot. I got married a few years later which got me serious about life. I went back to EMU finished what I started, graduated, and never looked back.

I love Eastern Michigan University!

It was great in 1987 when we were ranked higher than U-M at one point of the season.
09-19-2009 08:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.