Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MICHIGAN GAME
Bookmark and Share
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
MICHIGAN GAME
Hope Michigan has a letdown after their big victory yesterday. Hope they don't bring their A game. English should have the Eagles ready to play.
09-13-2009 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EMU03' Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU
RE: MICHIGAN GAME
This will be a tougher game than Northwestern. We'll need to limit mistakes i.e. penalties, turnovers. Our offense has had success when not putting themselves in 3rd and long. I can't remember an EMU running attack having as much success against a BCS team as this last game. How well do you think we'll be able to move the ball against the Wolverines?
09-13-2009 02:13 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
A better question would be how do you defense Forcier who has been most impressive the first two games.
09-13-2009 03:27 PM
Advertisement

wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
(09-13-2009 03:27 PM)emu79 Wrote:  A better question would be how do you defense Forcier who has been most impressive the first two games.

EMU is facing a team that has MUCH more talent than NU. The way UM's offense is playing, EMU will have to score to keep it close. Unfortunately, this offense isn't capable of that.

UM shutdown Hiller until the matter was decided. ND's offense is in another stratosphere right now and EMU's WR certainly are not in the class of Floyd/Tate.

EMU's only chance is for UM's offense to implode like it did vs Toledo.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2009 01:00 PM by wolverineeagle.)
09-14-2009 12:59 PM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(09-14-2009 12:59 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  
(09-13-2009 03:27 PM)emu79 Wrote:  A better question would be how do you defense Forcier who has been most impressive the first two games.

EMU is facing a team that has MUCH more talent than NU. The way UM's offense is playing, EMU will have to score to keep it close. Unfortunately, this offense isn't capable of that.

UM shutdown Hiller until the matter was decided. ND's offense is in another stratosphere right now and EMU's WR certainly are not in the class of Floyd/Tate.

Wow, I feel sorry for Eastern fans ... you have to put up with this clown??? Worst poster by far I've seen in my 2 years at the U-M subscription site.

"MUCH more talent" than Northwestern. What proof do we have of that just yet???
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2009 07:57 PM by NittanyLion.)
09-14-2009 07:50 PM
Advertisement

wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

(09-14-2009 07:50 PM)NittanyLion Wrote:  
(09-14-2009 12:59 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  

Wow, I feel sorry for Eastern fans ... you have to put up with this clown??? Worst poster by far I've seen in my 2 years at the U-M subscription site.

"MUCH more talent" than Northwestern. What proof do we have of that just yet???

Well, if YOU say I am the worst than I must not be. Seriously, how old are you? 12? COming to a site and insulting someone off the bat is no way to establish credibility. So you say I am a bad poster. WHo cares? No one knows you.

As for Northwestern and UM. I think it is obvious to anyone who knows college football and recruiting that UM is a much more talented team than Northwestern.

But then you would have known this if you had actually paid for a subscription to The Wolverine website.
09-14-2009 08:32 PM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(09-14-2009 08:32 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  Well, if YOU say I am the worst than I must not be. Seriously, how old are you? 12? COming to a site and insulting someone off the bat is no way to establish credibility. So you say I am a bad poster. WHo cares? No one knows you.

As for Northwestern and UM. I think it is obvious to anyone who knows college football and recruiting that UM is a much more talented team than Northwestern.

But then you would have known this if you had actually paid for a subscription to The Wolverine website.

I can call you a bad poster ... I've seen your act over on The Fort. Based on your "reputation" here, your fellow Eastern fans don't think very much of you either.

I don't care how good a recruiting class and how many stars players got .... 70% of Northwestern's roster went 9-4 last year and 70% of Michigan's roster went 3-9 last year. I'm going to wait for more actual on-the-field evidence than 2 games and beating a terribly coached Notre Dame-team before I say U-M is MUCH more talented than Northwestern. As opposed to thinking my opinion is always right and drawing conclusions from that, the hell for waiting for actual evidence.

I'm over on The Fort ... don't participate much but been there nearly 2 years. Even as a PSU fan #1 (U-M is my childhood favorite team, they're #2) .... I don't cause trouble over there. Hell if I'll tell you who I am, from what I've seen you're the type to cry to the mods to boot me.
09-15-2009 08:12 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well back to the game, outside of what's on the field it will be the old school U of M (Carr-English) versus RichRod. Believe me if U of M gets ahead in this one they'll try to roll up the score.

This year's EMU team has me confused-are they the team that let Army team beat them or the team that performed better than expected at Northwestern?
09-15-2009 08:19 PM
wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

(09-15-2009 08:12 PM)NittanyLion Wrote:  
(09-14-2009 08:32 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  Well, if YOU say I am the worst than I must not be. Seriously, how old are you? 12? COming to a site and insulting someone off the bat is no way to establish credibility. So you say I am a bad poster. WHo cares? No one knows you.

I can call you a bad poster ... I've seen your act over on The Fort. Based on your "reputation" here, your fellow Eastern fans don't think very much of you either.

I don't care how good a recruiting class and how many stars players got .... 70% of Northwestern's roster went 9-4 last year and 70% of Michigan's roster went 3-9 last year. I'm going to wait for more actual on-the-field evidence than 2 games and beating a terribly coached Notre Dame-team before I say U-M is MUCH more talented than Northwestern. As opposed to thinking my opinion is always right and drawing conclusions from that, the hell for waiting for actual evidence.

I'm over on The Fort ... don't participate much but been there nearly 2 years. Even as a PSU fan #1 (U-M is my childhood favorite team, they're #2) .... I don't cause trouble over there. Hell if I'll tell you who I am, from what I've seen you're the type to cry to the mods to boot me.

I can say that you are a bad poster because, well, you added nothing there and you are adding nothing here as well. I know who you are and you didn't contribute much over there.

Frankly, I don't see how you can call out anyone judging from your past. It's not like you were chalk full of inciteful comments, because you were not. Apparently, you are one of those who carry on petty internet squabbles because you are an unhappy little man. But whatever.

Michigan went 3-9 for a variety of reasons. A deficiency in talent at the QB spot was rather major reason. Inexperience along the OL and among the offensive side of the ball were also significant factors.
The incompatability between Shafer and the RR chosen defensive staff also played a significant factor.

Mere talent alone does not win games. Coaching, team chemistry, and having the right players for the system are everybit as important as having talent. UM had one, but not the other last year. IN 09' it appears that they have found the answers to questions of last year.

I don't know why you came here. I have not been on The Fort since May. I left because I got tired of douchebags like you who rather bicker like school children than share opinions about Michigan football.

It is ironic that you are chastizing me for behavior you are exhibiting on here.You come on this site and launch a ad hominem attack for no real purpose. Instead of saying why you disagree with me, you insult me by calling me a bad poster for past actions on another site.
09-15-2009 08:59 PM
Advertisement

wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

(09-15-2009 08:19 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Well back to the game, outside of what's on the field it will be the old school U of M (Carr-English) versus RichRod. Believe me if U of M gets ahead in this one they'll try to roll up the score.

This year's EMU team has me confused-are they the team that let Army team beat them or the team that performed better than expected at Northwestern?

EMU was down 21 pts in both games. I suspect that they will get down big again. This team is suffering through growing pains and it won't get any easier in A2.

If this game was next year or the year after, EMU would put up a better fight with Moffett, Thomas, and Axon. But this is a transition year.EMU will fight, but UM has significant advantages in talent and experience.
09-15-2009 09:02 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Assuming Axon stays on the straight and narrow and Moffett makes the grade academically. I hoping both do.
09-16-2009 04:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.