Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anti-Abortion Activist gunned down....
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Anti-Abortion Activist gunned down....
Click Here

Since Tiller the Baby Killer's murder (yes he was wrongly murdered) was a topic of discussion on here, I thought everyone might want to discuss the murder of someone from the other side of this war on the murder of babies.
09-11-2009 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Anti-Abortion Activist gunned down....
Can't wait to see the MSM's coverage (or lack thereof) of this.

Will Obama call it a tragedy?

I'll be a number of citizens' responses are "So what?" "He took the risk." "He deserved it."

I can't get over the lack of irony in shooting at a school. I mean as an abortion supporter, you're pretty explicit about your disdain for the lives of children.
09-11-2009 10:06 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
This will be, at best, a blurb on the "news" if reported at all.
09-11-2009 10:07 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
A Documentary on Abortion is about to come out, which will also be ignored by the Press

Too much Democrat/Liberal Money at stake here...Multi-Billion $ industry and all, err "Big Abortion" or "Big Eugenics" which ever you prefer.
09-11-2009 10:08 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-11-2009 10:06 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Can't wait to see the MSM's coverage (or lack thereof) of this.

I'll be a number of citizens' responses are "So what?" "He took the risk." "He deserved it."

I can't get over the lack of irony in shooting at a school. I mean as an abortion supporter, you're pretty explicit about your disdain for the lives of children.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...89x6521637

...but yeah, is Obama going to come out in 5 nanoseconds to denounce this like he did that Tiller f'er? He denounced Tiller's death days faster than he did the recruiter shot in Arkansas.
09-11-2009 10:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Oh this is ALL OK and is the BEST SIDE of the Abortion Debate !!!!!!

Right Robert ???? I mean since I don't see your standard 10 word ignorant post about how great it is that an Anti-Abortion Activist was Gunned Down; this must mean you APPROVE.

I actually hope you DO APPROVE and are Boy Enough to Say So.

At least we would see your True Leopard Spots glaring out at us.

WOW !!!!!! Gun totin' mentally ill Abortion Peddlers, what the hell is next you reckon ???? Green Peace Hit Squads over the Non Use of Granola ????

Lefty Loon Idiots du jour.

09-11-2009 12:13 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I guess they're even now.
09-11-2009 12:48 PM
DrTorch Offline

(09-11-2009 12:48 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I guess they're even now.

If you ignore the other 1.4M murders each year.
09-11-2009 12:50 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(09-11-2009 10:12 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(09-11-2009 10:06 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Can't wait to see the MSM's coverage (or lack thereof) of this.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...89x6521637

...but yeah, is Obama going to come out in 5 nanoseconds to denounce this like he did that Tiller f'er? He denounced Tiller's death days faster than he did the recruiter shot in Arkansas.

So, to the DU, anyone that is against what they stand for is a Domestic Terrorist? Really? I guess whoever murdered this activist should be deemed a true Obamerican hero and given Sainthood in our little Republic.

These people disgust me!
09-11-2009 02:12 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
The murderer will have to significantly step up his/her game if they eventually want to even the score. They may want to play catch up and dabble in explosives.

And careful how you throw around blanket phrases. Simply because you're not a 100% pro-life from the nanosecond of conception bible-thumping Bob Jones University graduating values voter, does NOT mean you go around all day condoning and participating in killing fetuses a few weeks before expected birth.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 02:30 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
09-11-2009 02:26 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl

It was one of the top three stories on Google News, so this is a disingenuous argument.

The moral equivalency is also premature unless anyone has any notions of this murders motives.
09-11-2009 02:30 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-11-2009 02:30 PM)I45owl Wrote:  

It was one of the top three stories on Google News, so this is a disingenuous argument.

The moral equivalency is also premature unless anyone has any notions of this murders motives.

Yeah, lets watch the nightly 'news' tonight and see how they report this and compare/contrast to Tiller.

and Obama's reactions too of course.
09-11-2009 02:33 PM
DrTorch Offline

I think of it less than a disingenous argument, rather it's an incorrect assumption. I'll admit up front, my take on the MSM was wrong. If sometime in the future I criticize the MSM for not providing ample coverage, or use it to support some claim, then it's as you say, a disingenous argument.

I'm glad they're covering it.

And I think I understand your 2nd point, that the motive is unclear. This may have just been some lunatic, w/ no political agenda.

But, the final point is this, if #2 is true, how much did that influence the MSM's decision on #1?
09-11-2009 02:34 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
http://www.lifenews.com/state4410.html

[Image: jpou.jpg]

he was in the act of protesting when shot, so I think the idea this was just random and had nothing to do with what he was protesting would be some kind of coincdence.

shooter: "uh, lets go on a killing binge and I'll start with this guy over here and do so because....?"

EDIT: the victims knew each other, related killings. They think the Killer knew both of them
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 03:04 PM by GGniner.)
09-11-2009 02:41 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Don't get me started on the Abortion issue, It is enough to make a grown man cry. As it says, Abortion is the ultimate exploitation of women. There have been 40 million legal abortions since 1972. Thats just the documented ones.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 03:03 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
09-11-2009 03:02 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(09-11-2009 02:34 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

I think of it less than a disingenous argument, rather it's an incorrect assumption.

Good point, I overstated it.

(09-11-2009 02:41 PM)GGniner Wrote:  http://www.lifenews.com/state4410.html

[Image: jpou.jpg]

he was in the act of protesting when shot, so I think the idea this was just random and had nothing to do with what he was protesting would be some kind of coincdence.

shooter: "uh, lets go on a killing binge and I'll start with this guy over here and do so because....?"

EDIT: the victims knew each other, related killings. They think the Killer knew both of them

This article says the killer knew one victim (Fuoss), but they weren't sure whether he knew the abortion protester.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/59066347.html Wrote:Police tell us after they apprehended the suspect, 33-year-old Harlan James Drake of Owosso, they learned of a second shooting that killed the owner of a gravel pit earlier this morning.

"While he was being driven to the police station, [Drake] overheard radio traffic in the police car and at that time he confessed that he was involved in that shooting as well," said Owosso Chief of Police Michael Compeau.

At a press conference this afternoon, officials said Pouillon was targeted by Drake because of his anti- abortion campaign are also saying that Drake had plans to kill a third person.

Drake also had plans to kill Owosso realtor James Howe, but police arrested Drake at his home before he was able to target Howe.

Officials wouldnt say why the Owosso realtor was a target, but said Drake held some sort of a grudge against him.

The Shiawassee County Sheriffs Department says the suspect and the victim at the gravel pit knew one another but they're unsure of any other connections.

"As far as any relationship between the two victims we have no idea at this time if they knew each other or had anything in common whatsoever," said Shiawassee County Sheriff George Braidwood.

It looks like this guy had just built up a queue of grudges that he had, and decided to act for whatever reason. These are despicable murders regardless of why he chose to do it.
09-11-2009 05:11 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
It's actually a shame in both cases. Tiller was at least doing something that was legal and the other guy was just protesting. Blatant, unnecessary violence in both cases.
09-11-2009 10:15 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(09-11-2009 10:15 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It's actually a shame in both cases. Tiller was at least doing something that was legal and the other guy was just protesting. Blatant, unnecessary violence in both cases.

Well if you call Tiller Murdering Babies at ALL STAGES of development "Legal", then you, alone, have an argument.

To me, Tiller is a Mass Murderer on the scale of both Stalin and Hitler combined.

I shed no tears over Tiller the Killer's demise at all.

09-12-2009 01:21 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(09-11-2009 12:13 PM)Tripster Wrote:  .

Oh this is ALL OK and is the BEST SIDE of the Abortion Debate !!!!!!

Right Robert ???? I mean since I don't see your standard 10 word ignorant post about how great it is that an Anti-Abortion Activist was Gunned Down; this must mean you APPROVE.

I actually hope you DO APPROVE and are Boy Enough to Say So.

At least we would see your True Leopard Spots glaring out at us.

WOW !!!!!! Gun totin' mentally ill Abortion Peddlers, what the hell is next you reckon ???? Green Peace Hit Squads over the Non Use of Granola ????

Lefty Loon Idiots du jour.

[Image: Finger.png]
09-12-2009 01:29 AM
claytonbigsby Offline
Banned

I Root For: the movement
Was it because he was anti-abortion? I only caught a glimpse of the story, but it sounded like he killed 2 other random people in a drive by.
09-12-2009 10:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.