Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Et tu, Barack?: : Van Jones' exit from 'green jobs' post
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Et tu, Barack?: : Van Jones' exit from 'green jobs' post
OBAMA WATCH CENTRAL

Et tu, Barack?: Czar 'continues to work for administration'

Non-ringing endorsement starts countdown for Van Jones' exit from 'green jobs' post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 04, 2009 7:04 pm Eastern

2009 WorldNetDaily

[Image: 090826vanjones.JPG]
Van Jones

WASHINGTON – It wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

When White House press secretary Robert Gibbs was asked about the president's support for his embattled "green jobs czar," Van Jones, the response was: "He continues to work for the administration."

If there were any doubts the first high appointment of the Obama administration was about to be reversed by scandal, Gibbs' message put them to rest.

If he goes, Jones' brief tenure as one of about 40 czars in the White House will have been cut short by reporting in WND – begun in April by staffer Aaron Klein.

WND's Klein first reported Jones was an admitted radical communist and a self-described "rowdy black nationalist" and that in 2005 he boasted in an interview that his environmental activism was actually a means to fight for racial and class "justice."

Succeeding revelations by WND included:

Jones previously served on the board of an environmental activist group at which a founder of the Weather Underground terrorist organization is a top director.

Jones was co-founder of a black activist organization that has led a campaign prompting major advertisers to withdraw from Glenn Beck's top-rated Fox News Channel program. The revelation followed Beck's reports on WND's story about Jones' communist background.

That Jones and other White House appointees may have been screened by an ACORN associate.

One day after the 9/11 attacks, Jones led a vigil that expressed solidarity with Arab and Muslim Americans as well as what he called the victims of "U.S. imperialism" around the world.

Just days before his White House appointment, Jones used a forum at a major youth convention to push for a radical agenda that included spreading the wealth and "changing the whole system."

Jones' Maoist manifesto while leading the group Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement, or STORM, was scrubbed from the Internet after being revealed by WND.

Jones was the main speaker at an anti-war rally that urged "resistance" against the U.S. government – a demonstration sponsored by an organization associated with the Revolutionary Communist Party.

In a 2005 conference, Jones characterized the U.S. as an "apartheid regime" that civil rights workers helped turn into a "struggling, fledgling democracy."

Jones signed a petition calling for nationwide "resistance" against police, accusing them of using the 9/11 attacks to carry out policies of torture.
While talk radio and cable television have picked up WND's reporting and brought Jones to the brink of resignation or firing, until today there has been no major coverage of the scandal by the major U.S. news media.

But today, Rep. Mike Pence, R-IN, chairman of the House Republican Conference, called on Jones to quit or be fired.

"His extremist views and coarse rhetoric have no place in this administration or the public debate," Pence said.

Jones has tried to deflect the rising chorus of criticism: "In recent days some in the news media have reported on past statements I made before I joined the administration – some of which were made years ago. If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize."

It was his second apology of the week. On Wednesday, Jones apologized for labeling Republicans with a vulgarism in a February speech, saying that his comments were "clearly inappropriate."
09-04-2009 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
RE: Et tu, Barack?: : Van Jones' exit from 'green jobs' post
I think he is gone by lunch, Tuesday. And when it rains ... it pours....

More words of wisdom from the (Ho Ho Ho)
Green Job Czar...

December 2, 2005: "You've never seen a Columbine done by a black child. Never. They always say, 'We can't believe it happened here. We can't believe it's these suburban white kids.' It's only them. Now, a black kid might shoot another black kid. He's not going to shoot up the whole school."

http://www.breitbart.tv/van-jones-only-s...p-schools/

Van Jones Uses ‘Ebonics’ to Do Lively Imitation of George Bush on Crack

http://www.breitbart.tv/van-jones-uses-e...-on-crack/

[Image: morton_salt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2009 11:40 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
09-04-2009 11:39 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Just pearls just keep on rolling out of that mouth.
09-05-2009 12:11 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Blame America, especially White America first and you become a Czar.
Jones is as much of a radical communist and Obama
09-05-2009 06:57 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Hey Van Jones. Organize a boycote of me. Obama is a racist.
09-05-2009 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.