Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rational Liberal talks healthcare and Pelosi
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
Rational Liberal talks healthcare and Pelosi
Pelosi must go

This is the type of liberal I could have a productive conversation with. Too bad there isn't a single one on this board like her.
08-12-2009 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Rational Liberal talks healthcare and Pelosi
(08-12-2009 12:25 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  Pelosi must go

This is the type of liberal I could have a productive conversation with. Too bad there isn't a single one on this board like her.

Wow, this writer is an odd one. She's all over the place

Quote:Buyer's remorse? Not me. At the North American summit in Guadalajara this week, President Obama resumed the role he is best at -- representing the U.S. with dignity and authority abroad. This is why I, for one, voted for Obama and continue to support him. The damage done to U.S. prestige by the feckless, buffoonish George W. Bush will take years to repair.

But then goes on
Quote:Having said that, I must confess my dismay bordering on horror at the amateurism of the White House apparatus for domestic policy...

Case in point: the administration's grotesque mishandling of healthcare reform,...

But who would have thought that the sober, deliberative Barack Obama would have nothing to propose but vague and slippery promises
Yes, who indeed?

Quote: The president is promoting the most colossal, brazen bait-and-switch operation since the Bush administration snookered the country into invading Iraq

She can't quite shake the ABB Syndrome.

Quote:What does either party stand for these days? Republican politicians, with their endless scandals, are hardly exemplars of traditional moral values. Nor have they generated new ideas for healthcare, except for medical savings accounts, which would be pathetically inadequate in a major crisis for anyone earning at or below a median income.

And what do Democrats stand for, if they are so ready to defame concerned citizens as the "mob" -- a word betraying a Marie Antoinette delusion of superiority to ordinary mortals.

I think we all should ponder this question for a good long while.

Then there's this! Oh my, sounds incredibly familiar
Quote:Class rarely receives honest attention in the American media, as demonstrated by the reporting on a June incident at a swimming pool in the Philadelphia suburbs.

Having followed the coverage in the Philadelphia media, I have lingering questions about how much of that incident was race and how much was social class. Urban working-class and suburban middle-class children often have quite different styles of play -- as I know from present observation as well as from my Syracuse youth, when I regularly biked to the public pool in Thornden Park. Kids of all races from downtown Syracuse neighborhoods were much rougher and tougher, and for self-preservation you had to stay out of their way! Otherwise, you'd get knocked to the concrete or dunked when they heedlessly jumped off the diving board onto our heads in the crowded pool.

In general, middle-class children today are more closely supervised at pools because the family can afford to have a non-working parent at home -- a luxury that working-class kids rarely have. What happened at the Valley Swim Club, whose safety infrastructure was evidently also overwhelmed by too many visiting kids who were non-swimmers, may have been a clash of classes rather than races.
08-12-2009 12:52 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
She was all over the place because I think she was trying to establish credibilty in a couple of sentences. I enjoyed the 2nd pg. along the lines of class vs. race.

I used to think these events were astroturf but now I think it's evolved and went viral. D's again look like they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. CNBC just had a lady talking about how long he took looking for a dog but he wants to pass health care in 3 weeks and this is from a Democrat!!!!
08-12-2009 12:59 PM
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
What I like about the article is she made valid points instead of propaganda. She definitely put a hole in the "they have in Europe why not here" crowd with her statement about how some states are larger then European countries and the infrastructure concern. She hit the nail on the head saying that there definitely should be more study and research instead of just having this bill rammed down our throats.
08-12-2009 02:07 PM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
(08-12-2009 02:07 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  What I like about the article is she made valid points instead of propaganda. She definitely put a hole in the "they have in Europe why not here" crowd with her statement about how some states are larger then European countries and the infrastructure concern. She hit the nail on the head saying that there definitely should be more study and research instead of just having this bill rammed down our throats.

That's been my stance since day 1. But, on the other hand, I'm even more contemptuous of all the republican/insurance company demonization/spin/fear tactics. Stop that ****. Let's get to the table and hammer out specific details. No more vagueries and fear monegring. It's all so much bull****. I know the healthcare insurance lobby is crapping their pants (for good reason - its a racket), but... shutup. This is bigger than you. This is us... all of us.
08-12-2009 03:09 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(08-12-2009 03:09 PM)Artifice Wrote:  
(08-12-2009 02:07 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  What I like about the article is she made valid points instead of propaganda. She definitely put a hole in the "they have in Europe why not here" crowd with her statement about how some states are larger then European countries and the infrastructure concern. She hit the nail on the head saying that there definitely should be more study and research instead of just having this bill rammed down our throats.

That's been my stance since day 1. But, on the other hand, I'm even more contemptuous of all the republican/insurance company demonization/spin/fear tactics. Stop that ****. Let's get to the table and hammer out specific details. No more vagueries and fear monegring. It's all so much bull****. I know the healthcare insurance lobby is crapping their pants (for good reason - its a racket), but... shutup. This is bigger than you. This is us... all of us.

Uh, speak for yourself. It is not me.

Oh, and have you read the 10th Amendment recently?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
08-12-2009 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.