Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hillary has a meltdown in the Congo.
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Hillary has a meltdown in the Congo.
ABC News' Kirit Radia reports:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lost her cool Monday after a Congolese student, speaking through a translator, asked her what "Mr. Clinton" thought about a Chinese trade deal with the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

"You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?" Clinton replied, clearly irked by the thought of being her husband Bill's spokeswoman.

"My husband is not secretary of state, I am," she replied. "If you want my opinion I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband."

The only problem? Apparently the translator made a mistake and the student had wanted to know what President Obama thought of the deal. A State Department official tells ABC News the student went up to Clinton after the event and told her he was misquoted. No immediate word yet how Clinton responded.

Regardless of the error, the notion of Secretary Clinton's deference to her husband clearly touched a nerve with America's top diplomat.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/...state.html

But wait, there's more... Where's WHY Hillary blew a gasket at the mention of her husband. And I think that there might have been a couple of guests whose names were omitted from this Guest List "in the intererst of National Security." 02-13-banana

Bill Clinton Celebrates His 63rd in Las Vegas

By Adam Nagourney

LAS VEGAS – No one can say former President Bill Clinton doesn’t know how to throw a birthday party for former President Bill Clinton.

Mr. Clinton is in Las Vegas on Monday as one of the marquee speakers at the National Clean Energy Summit, put together by Harry Reid of Nevada, the Senate majority leader. The event has drawn a pretty impressive turn-out, from former Vice President Al Gore to the wealthy oilman T. Boone Pickens.

But it became clear that something else was afoot in this sweltering desert city when some of Mr. Clinton’s friends – the kind who would appear not to have a particular interest or expertise in the kind of summit Mr. Reid has arranged – were spotted on the Vegas strip.

Turns out Mr. Clinton decided to celebrate his 63rd birthday with a dinner at one of this city’s hottest – and most pricey – restaurants: Craftsteak at the MGM Grand hotel. How pricey? The 8-ounce wagyu New York strip steak goes for $240. (Potatoes and other sides are extra.)

Among those who are on the list:

Terry McAuliffe, the former leader of the Democratic National Committee who is Mr. Clinton’s long-time friend and golfing buddy

Paul Begala, a senior adviser from his 1992 presidential campaign

John D. Podesta, a former White House chief of staff under Mr. Clinton

Haim Saban, a friend, Hollywood executive and significant financial contributor to Mr. Clinton and his efforts

Steve Bing, the Hollywood media mogul who has become one of Mr. Clinton’s best friends and regularly lends him his private jet. (Most recently, Mr. Clinton used the jet for his trip to North Korea, where he helped negotiate the release of two American journalists who worked for Mr. Gore.

Jay Carson, a former communications director for Mr. Clinton. As of Monday afternoon, it is not clear that Mr. Gore – who appears to have had something of a rapprochement with Mr. Clinton after the North Korea rescue mission – was going to be on hand. One of Mr. Clinton’s friends said they were told that Mr. Gore was leaving town after today’s summit and would not be able to attend the night’s festivities.

Hillary Rodham Clinton, the secretary of state, is in The Congo, as part of her trip to Africa, and thus will miss the celebration. No worries. Mr. Clinton might be celebrating on the strip on Monday, but his actual birthday is not until Aug. 19.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...las-vegas/
08-11-2009 02:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
RE: Hillary has a meltdown in the Congo.

OH Man !!!!!

The "Little Woman" living it up and sharing Flies, Vomit, and about 450 Infectious Diseases in tini winici villages in the Congo. (where war is a 24 hour a day sport).

And Big Bill is back over here ripping up the Las Vegas Strip ..... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Clearly, taking this job has been a huge Step Downward for Hilary and I know she is thinking - - GOODBYE 2012, 2012, 2012, 2012, 2012, 2012 ,,,,,,,,,,

I will betcha she walks before too much longer. She has never liked Obama anyway.

08-11-2009 07:22 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(08-11-2009 07:22 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .
03-lmfao

I will betcha she walks before too much longer. She has never liked Obama anyway.

Well, she has every incentive to bail soon, because Obama's fundraising machine paid off her debt--she went from a $25 Million Campaign Debt to $3 Million Surplus in her Account.

I'm just waiting for a "3 AM phone call" that Obama screws up.

If the Iranians test a nuke, that will be the perfect cue for her to leave, since she can turn to the Israeli Lobby for support.
08-11-2009 07:52 AM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Hillarys outburt was a WTF is this moment? ...The Israeli lobby is backing off from the Dems..... I am NOT talking about liberal Jewish NYorkers they will not get it until its too late......... The left has an underlying disdain for Israel. You see just in this forum the disgust & hate the left has for Israel> This spewing does not go unnoticed.
08-11-2009 09:02 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Hillary is mad as hell, and its just under the surface, bubling over. It is the NK thing. Obama wanted Bill Clinton a nd not Hillary to go to NK to get those students out. SHE IS SEC. of State. Not BILL.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. I'm sure the mental images of Bill CigarTubeFucking Monica in the Oval Office are as vivid today as when it happened 15-17 years ago.
08-11-2009 01:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.