Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

$18 Million for Gov's Web Site .....
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
$18 Million for Gov's Web Site .....

$18 Mil for Gov's Web Site

I was a Web Site Builder for several years and boy do I wish I had bid on this puppy.

I can say from all experience that this is just utter and plain idiocy.

Even with the Cost of Software Licensing, I could have done this idiotic Web Site that Joe Biden couldn't even remember the URL to when asked while on National TV !!!!

$18 Mill over 4 Years !!!!!! For a WEB SITE ..... you can build you own server center for half that and be making $18 Mil a Quarter if you are a smart business person.

Just to toss out an Example, the frekking DOD could Build and Manage this Web Site at almost NO REAL COST !!!!! But we need Stimuli 2.0 ASAP !!!!!!!

And this is the kind of Government YOU want huh Robert ????

07-10-2009 07:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

RE: $18 Million for Gov's Web Site .....

Oh HECK guys !!!!!

I am sorry for posting this Topic .....

All Obamagog needed is a "Web Page Czar" .... 03-nutkick 04-chairshot

07-10-2009 07:57 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
$600,000 for the software license. They need the other $17,400,000.00 to figure how to give the illusion of transparency while totally obscuring the facts. They are already doing it, just not with a web site.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2009 03:42 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
07-10-2009 03:41 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(07-10-2009 07:51 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .

I was a Web Site Builder for several years and boy do I wish I had bid on this puppy.

Even with the Cost of Software Licensing, I could have done this idiotic Web Site that Joe Biden couldn't even remember the URL to when asked while on National TV !!!!

$18 Mill over 4 Years !!!!!! For a WEB SITE ..... you can build you own server center for half that and be making $18 Mil a Quarter if you are a smart business person.

Just to toss out an Example, the frekking DOD could Build and Manage this Web Site at almost NO REAL COST !!!!! But we need Stimuli 2.0 ASAP !!!!!!!

I love how you ***** and moan about transperancy but when they try to upgrade the site so there is more transperency, you ***** and moan. It dooes sound like a lot of money for the project but I am not an expert in the fied of web design cost.
07-11-2009 02:57 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
It IS a lot Robber. Even you admit that it sounds like a lot, so why the defence?
07-11-2009 08:02 AM
Tripster Offline

(07-11-2009 02:57 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(07-10-2009 07:51 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .

I love how you ***** and moan about transperancy but when they try to upgrade the site so there is more transperency, you ***** and moan. It dooes sound like a lot of money for the project but I am not an expert in the fied of web design cost.

I BUILT HIGH END WEB SITES for several years Robert and can say with all my heart ... THIS IS BULLSH'T !!!!!

I mean I know of $1000, $10,000, and a little more a MONTH Web Sites AT TODAY'S PRICES that are High End and are built with Software Capable of Doing the Job this Government Site needs.

As SUM pointed out, the Actual Calculating Software they will implement into this Web Site cost $600 Thousand Dollars a Year for the License. OK, over 4 Years that is ONLY 2.4 Million Dollars ..... What the Heck and Where the Heck is the Other $15.6 Million going To and For ???

Let us factor in Bandwidth and Server Space requirements, let us calculate these two factors at a projected $1 Million Per Year .... we are still paying this Tiny Little Company, with Basically No Overheard, a Whopping $11.6 Million Dollars for Managing a Frekkin Web Site.

The Federal Government HAS this kind of Band Width and Storage Space in its Hands As We Speak .... so why do THEY need to go Outside the Loop on this one ???

The United States Army could do this Robert and it basically only cost the Software Licensing Fees since they have Everything They Already Need ALREADY Built up and in Place. AND have the IT People (I.T.) to handle the Job better than 90% of any Outside Firm.

Am I right here Rebel ????

Geeze Robert, the Army has Coders that could Write the Code that would Operate this Site just like the $600 Thousand Dollar Software Does - - so you even get to lose that piece of the cost using the Army.

$18 Super Large for a Stupid Assed, BS, Tainted Web Site to tell me they are spending a Few $Million to save Nancy Pelosi's Salt Harvest Rat or what ever this Pest is and are Spending $18 Mil on this Feakin' Web Site I am on ... an $18 Mil WEB SITE for that kind of Crap !!!!!! That is "Transparent" alright, Transparently Stupid.

Like I said, you could build your own Server Center for half of $18 Mill and be raking in $18 Mil a Quarter with one of your Storage Accounts being this $18 Million Dollar Web Site. You see, this is always what you get when SOMEONE ELSE, GETS TO SPEND SOMEONE ELSE'S MONEY and NOT THEIR OWN.

Now I KNOW you have never had to pay a Single Red Cent in Taxes.

07-11-2009 10:46 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2009 08:02 AM)Paul M Wrote:  It IS a lot Robber. Even you admit that it sounds like a lot, so why the defence?
Because I said it "sounds" like a lot NOT that it is. The thing is no matter how much it cost, you would ***** and moan that Obama is stealing money from your wallet.
07-11-2009 12:03 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(07-11-2009 12:03 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(07-11-2009 08:02 AM)Paul M Wrote:  It IS a lot Robber. Even you admit that it sounds like a lot, so why the defence?
Because I said it "sounds" like a lot NOT that it is. The thing is no matter how much it cost, you would ***** and moan that Obama is stealing money from your wallet.

Wake up then. It IS a lot.

Not bitching and moaning, just stating a simple fact. Is simple to simple for you?
07-11-2009 12:08 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2009 12:08 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

Not bitching and moaning, just stating a simple fact. Is simple to simple for you?
Ok, I will just take the word of Trippy that it is expensive. Does he have ALL the info he needs to make such a guess?
07-11-2009 12:42 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Turn the light bulb on. Or change the burnt out one. What ever your malfuction is.
07-11-2009 12:46 PM
Tripster Offline

(07-11-2009 12:42 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Ok, I will just take the word of Trippy that it is expensive. Does he have ALL the info he needs to make such a guess?

I am not making a Guess .... I "Built High and Low End Web Sites" for several years.

This is a HUGE amount of money for a Single Web Site, even with the cost of Software Licensing, Server Storage Space, and Bandwidth Cost.

The United States Army has a Game out Called "Americas Army" and they have ran Servers for that Game for YEARS now - - they Built the Game from scratch and they Run the Servers.

It was and may still be a very Popular Game ... the Army could be tapped to use this exact same Infrastructure to create and run this Web Site for Pennies on the Dollar.

What am I saying, nothing the Government ever does is a "Pennies on the Dollar" endeavor .... 04-chairshot 03-nutkick

07-11-2009 12:50 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2009 12:50 PM)Tripster Wrote:  
(07-11-2009 12:42 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

I am not making a Guess .... I "Built High and Low End Web Sites" for several years.

This is a HUGE amount of money for a Single Web Site, even with the cost of Software Licensing, Server Storage Space, and Bandwidth Cost.

The United States Army has a Game out Called "Americas Army" and they have ran Servers for that Game for YEARS now - - they Built the Game from scratch and they Run the Servers.

It was and may still be a very Popular Game ... the Army could be tapped to use this exact same Infrastructure to create and run this Web Site for Pennies on the Dollar.

What am I saying, nothing the Government ever does is a "Pennies on the Dollar" endeavor .... 04-chairshot 03-nutkick

Have you built one for the federal government? Do you know all that is involved with doing so? As for having the Army do it, I don't know why they couldn't do it but maybe there is something somewhere that says they have to use a private contractor to build it? Maybe there is a security issue if they use Army bandwidth?
07-11-2009 01:18 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

The only differance between building one for you or me and the government is the gov has all of our money at there disposal and they don't mind spending it.
07-11-2009 01:22 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2009 01:22 PM)Paul M Wrote:  The only differance between building one for you or me and the government is the gov has all of our money at there disposal and they don't mind spending it.
Really? THat is the ONLY difference? Have you built one for the government? Where is your documentation on that?
07-11-2009 01:47 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

No, I have not built one for them but if I knew how I would certainly love to bid on the next one.

Put your thinking cap on 03-lmfao and you tell me. What could possible drive the cost up to 18 mill for a simple web site?
07-11-2009 02:17 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
This is payback in line with ObamaPayola.
07-11-2009 06:49 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Rob, do you think anyone is paying $18 large to keep NCAABBS open?
07-11-2009 07:24 PM
Tripster Offline

(07-11-2009 01:18 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Have you built one for the federal government? Do you know all that is involved with doing so? As for having the Army do it, I don't know why they couldn't do it but maybe there is something somewhere that says they have to use a private contractor to build it? Maybe there is a security issue if they use Army bandwidth?

Nope, just NAPA Auto Parts, Dish Network, some Hospitals, Import Businesses, Radio Station, Contributed to the Gateway Web Site.

You know, just some NO NAME stuff with 40 or 50 Links and Embeds with Animations and such.

Now that was years ago, but I really don't believe things have jumped in price up to $18 Mil for what seems like not much more than a Web Site with Few Links, some supposed Real Time Calculating Software and maybe some .PDF or .DOC type Downloadable Files from off a Storage Server.

I don't believe this is worth $18 Super Large Robs in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

This is kinda ridicules.

07-11-2009 11:37 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Hey Robert, The $18 million, mind you, is not for the creation of a website -- it's for the redesign of the site.
07-13-2009 02:39 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Well...This comes as quite a shock to me.03-lmfao
07-13-2009 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.