Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NMMJ
West Is the Best Offline
All American

I Root For: C-USA
NMMJ
Please dear lord, no more Michael Jackson. 03-banghead

Enough is enough of this endless TV coverage.
07-07-2009 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: NMMJ
In retrospect, it's probably a good thing Elvis died before the 24 hour news cycle/internet age, no?
07-07-2009 08:19 PM
West Is the Best Offline
All American

I Root For: C-USA
Who?!?!?!?
07-07-2009 08:47 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
The guy with the sideburns and bad polyster jumpsuits.
07-07-2009 08:52 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(07-07-2009 08:19 PM)Smaug Wrote:  In retrospect, it's probably a good thing Elvis died before the 24 hour news cycle/internet age, no?

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news that Elvis had died.

I was sitting on my Picnic Table with my Girlfriend listening to my 1974 Tricked Out Pearl Black Cutlass Supreme's stereo and they 'Broke the Broadcast' to announce the news.

I was working a Night Shift when John Lennon was shot and killed and wrote a Poem about it and hung it on a bulletin board in the Office.

I was watching Satellite TV when I heard of Marvin Gayes Death (Sat TV was still a young technology and I installed Dishes on the Side)

Was cruisin' down the road at about 130mph in my 1971 Cutlass 442 when I heard about Karen Carpenter.

Was not long home from a nasty filthy mud laden place when I heard about Jim Morrison, Joplin, and Hendrix.

Was rebuilding a 350 Rocket Engine when I heard about Terry Kath's death.

A friend drove up on his Dirt Bike and told me about Bruce Lee on July 20th 1973 and it floored me. He was born November 27th, my sisters birthday and died on July 20th, my Girlfriend at the times birthday.

And they all saddened me .... the idea of all that Talent and the Ending of the Beauty of Art just runs me down to the lowest depths.

I am listening to Stevie Nicks sing Sarah as I write this. One of my old Girlfriends looks just like Stevie Nicks and could be her twin ... LOL

I was watching an old Black & White TV when JFK was Murdered. I saw Walter Cronkite cry on National Television and the world went into shock.

Need I go on .... who ever needed Cable News or the Internet to hear sad and horrible news fast ??? The "Bad News" always travels fast no matter the medium.

07-07-2009 09:09 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Can you imagine what it will be like when it's time to inter Obama?
07-07-2009 09:27 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(07-07-2009 09:27 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Can you imagine what it will be like when it's time to inter Obama?

Yep, and I will be able to tell you exactly where I was 20 years later ....

Oh that's right, we will all be Froze or Starved to Death our selves in 20 Obama Years of "Tax & Spend".

"Never Mind" .....

07-07-2009 09:51 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(07-07-2009 09:51 PM)Tripster Wrote:  
(07-07-2009 09:27 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Can you imagine what it will be like when it's time to inter Obama?

Oh that's right, we will all be Froze or Starved to Death our selves in 20 Obama Years of "Tax & Spend".

"Never Mind" .....

It's my take that the real expensive seats will be for the show 3 days later when he rises from the dead.
07-07-2009 10:41 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(07-07-2009 08:52 PM)Paul M Wrote:  The guy with the sideburns and bad polyster jumpsuits.
Trippy?
07-08-2009 01:38 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(07-07-2009 09:51 PM)Tripster Wrote:  

"Never Mind" .....

We'll all be dead before then. Georgie Bush said so.
07-08-2009 01:48 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(07-07-2009 09:09 PM)Tripster Wrote:  
(07-07-2009 08:19 PM)Smaug Wrote:  In retrospect, it's probably a good thing Elvis died before the 24 hour news cycle/internet age, no?

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news that Elvis had died.

I was sitting on my Picnic Table with my Girlfriend listening to my 1974 Tricked Out Pearl Black Cutlass Supreme's stereo and they 'Broke the Broadcast' to announce the news.

I was working a Night Shift when John Lennon was shot and killed and wrote a Poem about it and hung it on a bulletin board in the Office.

I was watching Satellite TV when I heard of Marvin Gayes Death (Sat TV was still a young technology and I installed Dishes on the Side)

Was cruisin' down the road at about 130mph in my 1971 Cutlass 442 when I heard about Karen Carpenter.

Was not long home from a nasty filthy mud laden place when I heard about Jim Morrison, Joplin, and Hendrix.

Was rebuilding a 350 Rocket Engine when I heard about Terry Kath's death.

A friend drove up on his Dirt Bike and told me about Bruce Lee on July 20th 1973 and it floored me. He was born November 27th, my sisters birthday and died on July 20th, my Girlfriend at the times birthday.

And they all saddened me .... the idea of all that Talent and the Ending of the Beauty of Art just runs me down to the lowest depths.

I am listening to Stevie Nicks sing Sarah as I write this. One of my old Girlfriends looks just like Stevie Nicks and could be her twin ... LOL

I was watching an old Black & White TV when JFK was Murdered. I saw Walter Cronkite cry on National Television and the world went into shock.

Need I go on .... who ever needed Cable News or the Internet to hear sad and horrible news fast ??? The "Bad News" always travels fast no matter the medium.

I was 8, and it's my earliest memory of ever seeing my mother cry.
07-08-2009 08:01 AM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(07-08-2009 01:38 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(07-07-2009 08:52 PM)Paul M Wrote:  The guy with the sideburns and bad polyster jumpsuits.
Trippy?

We'll all be dead before then. Georgie Bush said so.

Yes Robs, I went the Disco Route at a time in my life and yes I had some wicked sideburns.

And I don't really see us going past 2012 to awfully intact, but then that's just me and we may fly right on by into a Worse Set of Obamic Horrors imaginable in 2013.

I mean with the "2nd Stimulus Package" being planned and all.

You see, we are now going to have to be Grammatically Correct and start calling them "Stimuli" (as in the Plural sense and attached Numbers to them to keep track).

By the GODS in the Heavens, Obama is going to Stimulate us into Prosperity and Coast-to-Coast Jobs falling like pearls from the skies.

People will be rioting in the streets clambering for all the New Fantastic Jobs that are about to EXPLODE onto the scene.

According to Laura Tyson and VP Joe Biden, we are in Deep Deep Doo Doo's and we need a 2nd Stimulus Rat F'ck since the First Hasn't worked.

These are Sharp Tools in that Oval Office Shed Boys and Girls .... they haven't even spent 1/10th of the Original Stimulus and are Crying that we need a 2nd one.

What oh What will this one entail - - $20 Million to paint Duck Asses Black to see if makes them migrate to East or West instead of to the South in Winter.

I am telling you, with really hot and heavy Important stuff like that on the plate, WHO needs to Feed Their Families or have a Fire going for them when Global Warming has Temps down into the Single Digits for days.

07-08-2009 08:50 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
One of my favorite bands, Rush, could all go down in a Lear in a ball of fire over the Pacific ocean and it wouldn't phase me. I still have their CDs to listen to. The level of hero worship the dumbasses in this country take it too is not only disturbing, it'll be the reason we follow the pattern of a Republic not making it past 250 years.
07-08-2009 08:55 AM
Quote this message in a reply
EastStang Offline
All American

I Root For:
At least LA probably got a ton of hotel and restaurant tax revenue to balance out the need for police crowd control. They might be able to cut checks this week.
07-08-2009 02:12 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

A Powerful Message from Stevie Wonder
On Michael Jackson’s Death…

........ .. … … .. …..
.. . .. … . . . .. . .. . .. …. .. .. . … ..
... ... .. .... ... ... .. .... ....... ... ... ... .... ..... .. .
.. . … .. . . . ..
... . .... ... .... .. ...
...... .... .... .... ..... ..... ..... .. . . .... .....
. .. .
. . .. . .. . ...
....... ... ... ... .. ... ........ .. .. .... ... ... .... ....
. . .. .
.. ....
.. . . . . . .. .. … ..
.. .... ... ... ... ...... ...... .....
Deep stuff.
I nearly cried when he said “. .. . . . .. .. … .. .. . . .... ....”
07-08-2009 04:35 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I never understood the hubbabaloo about the cost of city services for this funeral. Michael Jackson was a private citizen who attracted the large crowds, this wasn't a state sponsored funeral. What was LA to do, just not attempt crowd control? I understand the whole "No $$$ in CA" but what is different in policing his funeral vs a high speed chase, or a parade, or a regular night of policing? The police and the city are there to provide services, some services will just end up costing more because of the size of the event. And heck, Shiva only knows how much extra it would cost to clean up and police a riot, should city and police services not be present.

/ no real fan of MJ
07-08-2009 04:35 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(07-08-2009 08:55 AM)Rebel Wrote:  One of my favorite bands, Rush,

They have the world's best drummer. Having played for many years I know how much talent it takes to do what he does. Catch his solo on the R30 tour.
07-08-2009 09:31 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(07-08-2009 08:50 AM)Tripster Wrote:  I mean with the "2nd Stimulus Package" being planned and all.

You're sh!tting me, right? Been working long hours and haven't heard this - probably got lost in all the MJ hoopla. The first one did nothing, only benefitted a select few and hasn't even been fully spent yet. You would think these idiots would have learned the best stimulus is a tax cut and then all of us can spend the $$$ the way we see fit.

You're sh!tting me....please say you are.
07-08-2009 09:36 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

Nope!
07-08-2009 09:58 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

Was reading the paper with dinner. There really is talk of another one. What a bunch of money wasting losers.
07-08-2009 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.