Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WE MUST SPEND IT NOW!!!!
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
WE MUST SPEND IT NOW!!!!
03-drunk

Quote:When President Obama announced on June 9 that some financial institutions would be allowed to repay Troubled Asset Relief Program dollars, he said the massively expensive TARP bailout had made money for the federal government. "It is worth noting that in the first round of repayments from these [TARP recipients], the government has actually turned a profit," the president said. Indeed, TARP supporters have long held out the hope that the program might be profitable.

Wow!!! This is great news!!!! We'll be able to reduce the National Debt!!!

03-idea

Quote:Rep. Barney Frank, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, has come up with a proposal to spend any TARP profits before they can be returned to the taxpayers. Last Friday, Frank introduced the "TARP for Main Street Act of 2009," a bill that would take profits from the program and immediately redirect them toward housing proposals favored by Frank and some fellow Democrats.

But, I thought these were temporary loans and the TARP program would pay the American Taxpayers back with INTEREST!!! 03-confused Looks like Barney wants as NO interest in paying back the taxpayers, rather REDISTRIBUTING the wealth to the NO Tax Payers.

Quote:Frank, however, wants to spend the money before it can be used to pay down anything. First, the "TARP for Main Street" proposal would take $1 billion "from dividends paid by financial institutions that have received financial assistance provided under…the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act" and apply it to a trust fund that Frank has long wanted to create for low-income rental housing. (The measure, unfunded, was part of last year's bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.) Next, Frank would take $1.5 billion from TARP dividends for a so-called "neighborhood stabilization" fund. Republican critics have charged that both measures might allow federal dollars to be distributed to activist groups like the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now, or ACORN.

The "TARP for Main Street" bill would also spend $2 billion, apparently from remaining TARP funds, to subsidize people who are delinquent on their mortgages, and another $2 billion to "stabilize multifamily properties that are in default or foreclosure."

So this is borrowed money FROM the American taxpayers we will never get back. What a load of CRAP!!!!

Barney Frank: Let's spend TARP profits before taxpayers can get them

When you read stuff like this it makes you wonder why anyone with even half a brain would vote for a democrat.

half a brain, Robert N sorry to have set the bar so high, don't feel obligated to reply to this we know why you vote democrat. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2009 05:32 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
07-02-2009 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: WE MUST SPEND IT NOW!!!!
OK, so let's take more $$$ from the Taxpayers/consuming public so they won't have it to spend on Main Street, and let's give that $$$ to Main Street.

Gee, that makes a lot of sense.
07-02-2009 06:45 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(07-02-2009 05:31 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  03-drunk

Quote:When President Obama announced on June 9 that some financial institutions would be allowed to repay Troubled Asset Relief Program dollars, he said the massively expensive TARP bailout had made money for the federal government. "It is worth noting that in the first round of repayments from these [TARP recipients], the government has actually turned a profit," the president said. Indeed, TARP supporters have long held out the hope that the program might be profitable.

Wow!!! This is great news!!!! We'll be able to reduce the National Debt!!!

03-idea

Quote:Rep. Barney Frank, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, has come up with a proposal to spend any TARP profits before they can be returned to the taxpayers. Last Friday, Frank introduced the "TARP for Main Street Act of 2009," a bill that would take profits from the program and immediately redirect them toward housing proposals favored by Frank and some fellow Democrats.

But, I thought these were temporary loans and the TARP program would pay the American Taxpayers back with INTEREST!!! 03-confused Looks like Barney wants as NO interest in paying back the taxpayers, rather REDISTRIBUTING the wealth to the NO Tax Payers.

Quote:Frank, however, wants to spend the money before it can be used to pay down anything. First, the "TARP for Main Street" proposal would take $1 billion "from dividends paid by financial institutions that have received financial assistance provided under…the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act" and apply it to a trust fund that Frank has long wanted to create for low-income rental housing. (The measure, unfunded, was part of last year's bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.) Next, Frank would take $1.5 billion from TARP dividends for a so-called "neighborhood stabilization" fund. Republican critics have charged that both measures might allow federal dollars to be distributed to activist groups like the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now, or ACORN.

The "TARP for Main Street" bill would also spend $2 billion, apparently from remaining TARP funds, to subsidize people who are delinquent on their mortgages, and another $2 billion to "stabilize multifamily properties that are in default or foreclosure."

So this is borrowed money FROM the American taxpayers we will never get back. What a load of CRAP!!!!

Barney Frank: Let's spend TARP profits before taxpayers can get them

When you read stuff like this it makes you wonder why anyone with even half a brain would vote for a democrat.

half a brain, Robert N sorry to have set the bar so high, don't feel obligated to reply to this we know why you vote democrat. 05-stirthepot

I agree..but..Lets not forget that Bush was the author of the TARP. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Over 90% of calls,letters and faxes to the nations leaders were in opposition to these bailouts. Yet....they happened. Anyone that thinks for a second that they have ANY voice in Washington...might need to reevaluate their thinking.03-puke
07-02-2009 06:50 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

WHAT DID I TELL YA - WHAT DID I TELL YA - WHAT DID I TELL YA !!!! ??????

We would never see a single penny of that money back ... EVER.

And I was laughed out of the conversation by some here .....

WELL LAUGH YOUR ASSES OFF NOW HONEY CHILDS !!!!!!! 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

07-03-2009 08:21 AM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
I disagree with Frank on this. It has been my concern that this would happen.

That money either needs to go to its legislated purpose (reduce debt), or refunded pro rata to taxpayers.
07-03-2009 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.