Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Logical Contradictions - Life not worthy of Life
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Logical Contradictions - Life not worthy of Life
Quote:Reporting from Washington — President Obama suggested at a town hall event Wednesday night that one way to shave medical costs is to stop expensive and ultimately futile procedures performed on people who are about to die and don't stand to gain from the extra care.

In a nationally televised event at the White House, Obama said families need better information so they don't unthinkingly approve "additional tests or additional drugs that the evidence shows is not necessarily going to improve care."

He added: "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller."

In Obama-land, its wrong for the State to interfer with saving a human life living in a Mothers womb. Or in his case, a living life that survived a botched partial birth abortion...

Yet suggest the Government should step in and keep Americans from pro-longing their lives to help reduce Medical cost. Denying the patients "Right to Choose"

In Obama land, its Absolute Truth there is no Absolute Truth
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2009 01:40 PM by GGniner.)
07-02-2009 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Logical Contradictions - Life not worthy of Life
This is no simple discussion, but I'm inclined to agree w/ him on this point. At least in principle, probably not in practice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eccl 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Christians are supposed to honor life, but I do think that some even take this too far, and idolize life.
07-02-2009 01:57 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
When Dear Leader agrees to pilot test this on his own family first, then we should consider it. Otherwise, it is just another example of "not for me but for thee" that his royal highness is proclaiming.

Reminds me of former Colorado governor Dick Lamm's (D) statement that old folks had a "duty to die" and not suck up resources.
07-02-2009 02:03 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
the move for Euphanasia is fast approaching, though it'll likely come in the form of Rationing via Government controlled healthcare more so than the Nazi version of it. Since the Baby Boomers didn't have enough babies/workers and we have the looming Social Security and Medicare problems looming, this will become a popular movement in some way shape and form. I'm not real sure exactly yet, but my guess is Rationing healthcare

either way, its yet another logical contradiction given his 'pro-choice' stance. Just as witnessed with Iran/Hondarus and Tiller's Killer / Arkansas Jihadi killer...

some groups do take absolutely resisting to pull the plug too far sometimes(though understandable given the horrors of our culture), but its a fine line and not a decision I want the government involved with making.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2009 02:09 PM by GGniner.)
07-02-2009 02:05 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(07-02-2009 01:57 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  This is no simple discussion, but I'm inclined to agree w/ him on this point. At least in principle, probably not in practice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eccl 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Christians are supposed to honor life, but I do think that some even take this too far, and idolize life.

Well said...and thoughtful. I also agree with him on this. I think allowing one to take their own life with assistance might be part of the equation.
We have spent millions upon millions on hospice's to allow one to pass in dignity...but...don't allow one to decide to pass before they get to the hospice door. There is a disconnect there IMO.

I'd like to see a time where the marketplace could help in this problem. Maybe insurance that paid for the procedure and hospice like organizations that could guide both the patient and family through the procedure with the same dignity.

Death is a topic no one wants to discuss....until it comes close. I think a national debate concerning these issues would be healthy and could yield some policies for a better society in general.
07-02-2009 07:22 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(07-02-2009 01:57 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  This is no simple discussion,

Exactly. Which is why I don't want it handled by the government or that fool Obama.

Edit: How arrogant can a person be to put dollars that he thinks are all his ahead of lives he'll never relate to? F**k this clown.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2009 09:26 PM by smn1256.)
07-02-2009 09:22 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(07-02-2009 09:22 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(07-02-2009 01:57 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  This is no simple discussion,

Exactly. Which is why I don't want it handled by the government or that fool Obama.

Edit: How arrogant can a person be to put dollars that he thinks are all his ahead of lives he'll never relate to? F**k this clown.

+1...I agree on both points...but...I'd submit that the arrogance did not start with this clown....It has been going on since the beginning of those seeking power...regardless of their political leanings.05-stirthepot
07-02-2009 11:26 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

When "Life" becomes this Worthless and BOTH ENDS of the Spectrum as in Millions of Abortions to now wanting the Elderly to just Lay Down and Die, then the Middle Class Aged People come next.

It is all planned that way and soon, well already, you can see if your UNBORN CHILD "MAY" have some sort of Defect and you can Abort it before it's Unperfect Nasty Dirty Self comes a poppin' out of the Womb all Retarded and Sh't.

Who was the last bastard that wanted A "PURE BRED RACE of HUMANS" ???? Uh HUH !!!!

As far as I am concerned, I'll take the Free Way Out, I am sick of this stupidity as it is ... the only reason I hang around is my Family Needs me ... I am the only one who can protect them like they get protected.

Everybody around here is scared to death of that Crazy Vet Gun Nut who will pull an AK47 on you faster than you can get your Strap Out.

I just hate it for those who want to live and who love life ... it is not fair to people who have produced and worked hard all their lives to support a Failed President and a Failed Government that wants to Murder Them just to get them out of the way.

One "Doctor" tells you that you are going to die in 2 Months and for a couple of days you mope around accepting your fate, BUT, you go to another Doctor and 5 Years Later you are STILL LIVING and BREATHING.

Who is some f'cking President or a Congress to decide this kind of thing for YOU ????

It is Pure Murder at both Ends of the Spectrum and they are coming for "YOU" NEXT ....... 05-mafia 05-mafia

07-03-2009 08:00 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(07-03-2009 08:00 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .

When "Life" becomes this Worthless and BOTH ENDS of the Spectrum as in Millions of Abortions to now wanting the Elderly to just Lay Down and Die, then the Middle Class Aged People come next.

It is all planned that way and soon, well already, you can see if your UNBORN CHILD "MAY" have some sort of Defect and you can Abort it before it's Unperfect Nasty Dirty Self comes a poppin' out of the Womb all Retarded and Sh't.

Who was the last bastard that wanted A "PURE BRED RACE of HUMANS" ???? Uh HUH !!!!

As far as I am concerned, I'll take the Free Way Out, I am sick of this stupidity as it is ... the only reason I hang around is my Family Needs me ... I am the only one who can protect them like they get protected.

Everybody around here is scared to death of that Crazy Vet Gun Nut who will pull an AK47 on you faster than you can get your Strap Out.

I just hate it for those who want to live and who love life ... it is not fair to people who have produced and worked hard all their lives to support a Failed President and a Failed Government that wants to Murder Them just to get them out of the way.

One "Doctor" tells you that you are going to die in 2 Months and for a couple of days you mope around accepting your fate, BUT, you go to another Doctor and 5 Years Later you are STILL LIVING and BREATHING.

Who is some f'cking President or a Congress to decide this kind of thing for YOU ????

It is Pure Murder at both Ends of the Spectrum and they are coming for "YOU" NEXT ....... 05-mafia 05-mafia

I understand the abortion paradox and hopefully science will eventually end the need for abortions. Until then it seems the debate will rage on. I think we would be better trying to eliminate the "need" for abortions rather than arguing about the issue at this point.

Trip...Do you not think that people should have control over the ownership of themselves and if they choose to die..should be allowed to do so? I've always believed that the "only" real right is one of self determination.
How can voluntarily ending ones life be considered murder? Maybe I'm just not getting it.
07-03-2009 08:28 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(07-03-2009 08:28 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I understand the abortion paradox and hopefully science will eventually end the need for abortions. Until then it seems the debate will rage on. I think we would be better trying to eliminate the "need" for abortions rather than arguing about the issue at this point.

Trip...Do you not think that people should have control over the ownership of themselves and if they choose to die..should be allowed to do so? I've always believed that the "only" real right is one of self determination.
How can voluntarily ending ones life be considered murder? Maybe I'm just not getting it.

Well in my case, there are Two Laws I have to deal with:
1)- God's Law
2)- Man's Law

Jesus Christ said plainly that "What ever part of your Body causes you to sin, either cut it off or gouge it out - because it is better to go through life with One Eye or One Hand than the Whole Body Burn in Hell for Eternity" ...

Well see I have a BIG, HUGE Problem in that area, it is my Mind or Brain that causes me to Sin, what is the only way to Cut Off or Gouge Out the Mind or Brain ??? That's right Boy's and Girl's, to Eliminate it and that means Death my your own hand or Suicide.

Now to "Man's Law" - - I have a brand new little Grand Daughter and the father is a worthless piece of sh't on a stick. He is an Oxygen Thief that does nothing but take up space, thieve, use drugs, destroy others property, and bully people - - I am the only thing standing between that piece of Sh't and him dogging my Daughter and the Rest of my Family into the Ground about this Baby. He is scared to death of me and he has much reason to be, so I provide Protection for my Family.

I am tiring of his games and his mother is neck deep in to this trouble causing mess, so if I go take them out, which won't be Murder since they are Vermin and not Human and they don't even try to be Human, I have to Suffer Man's Law .... I will not go to Prison if you get my drift. (these beings really are Vermin like Rats or Roaches and such and live to bully and harm others - - killing them would be a kindness to Earth and NO, they are never going to change and they have stated they love drugs and will stay high forever and do as they please in what ever way they please - Vermin)

So yet still, after all the mess has happened, I have to still deal with God once up there and Justify to him how I did not Murder, but simply Killed to Protect a Innocent Baby and the rest of my Family.

A conundrum that is very real in my life right now.

And yes, if a Grown, Sane, Cognitive Person decides not to suffer a Prolonged Illness where they may not survive, yet only load pain upon them selves decides, to be Legally Euthanized, then let them go for it.

This is NOT the same thing as a President or Congress making this persons mind up for them as they do in the Case of Abortions.

This is a strange area we are getting in to that can not be dealt with on this board I don't think.

I go by God and Christ and Mans Law, while other may not have the same belief systems that I use to draw either information or wisdom from ... it is a hard one isn't it ???

07-03-2009 09:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.