Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama has new economic ROLE model for US
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Obama has new economic ROLE model for US
Quote:While promoting his new cap-and-trade energy tax bill, which passed the U.S. House last week, President Obama revealed in a White House address on Monday his model for the nation's economy - California. "In the late 1970s, the state of California enacted tougher energy-efficiency policies," Obama said, noting that the state and its residents use less energy today per capita than the national average. "Think about that," he said, "California producing jobs, their economy keeping pace with the rest of the country and yet they've been able to maintain their energy usage in a much lower level than the rest of the country."

Obama might want to rethink his choice of a model state because it is easy to understand how California has curbed its energy use. Between 2000 and 2007, before the current recession, the state shed nearly 21 percent of its manufacturing jobs, driving down its industrial electrical consumption by 21 percent. California's industrial users pay electric rates twice as high as their Midwestern counterparts - which helps explain why so much heavy industry has fled the state. In addition to alienating its industry, California has also curbed energy use through exorbitant residential electric rates (50 percent higher than the national average) and massive net out-migration. Between 2005 and 2007, 2.14 million Californians moved to other states, while only 1.44 million people from elsewhere moved to the Golden State, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Don't be surprised when the 2010 Census finds even more people leaving to escape California's 11.5 percent unemployment. And, as jobs and residents fled California, its tax revenues have declined, while its politicians went on a spending binge, creating a severe budget crisis.

If the President wants America to look like California, pushing the Obama-Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade anti-global warming energy bill through Congress is surely the way to do it. Among much else in its 1,200+ pages (none of which were read by the vast majority of House members who voted on it), the measure caps carbon dioxide emissions at levels certain to cause artificial scarcity and higher energy prices. That will convince still more American manufacturers that they can only remain competitive by moving to other countries with no caps (think India and China), lower expenses and cheaper workforces. Manufacturers who can't move or who must rely on electric power will simply go out of business or drastically reduce their workforces. The Heritage Foundation forecasts job losses under Obama-Waxman-Markey of 1.15 million annually beginning in 2012. Welcome to the Hotel California in the age of Obama.

That's some goal President Hussein!!! 21% loss of manufacturing base!!! The great thing is this did not mean higher taxes for individuals.... 50% higher power bills, but that's the GREEDY corporations for you!!!

California, here we come.
07-01-2009 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Obama has new economic ROLE model for US
California is a friggin nightmare. If you guys came here and had to put up with what I did you'd surely think you were in a different country. I envy you guys who live in the Bible Belt and other conservative state.
07-01-2009 09:42 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(07-01-2009 09:42 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  California is a friggin nightmare. If you guys came here and had to put up with what I did you'd surely think you were in a different country. I envy you guys who live in the Bible Belt and other conservative state.
Good lord. If I lived in the south I would think I was still living in the 1800's. I guess it is great if you like that kind of thing.
07-02-2009 01:27 AM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(07-02-2009 01:27 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(07-01-2009 09:42 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  California is a friggin nightmare. If you guys came here and had to put up with what I did you'd surely think you were in a different country. I envy you guys who live in the Bible Belt and other conservative state.
Good lord. If I lived in the south I would think I was still living in the 1800's. I guess it is great if you like that kind of thing.

Yup, that's why NC, TN, GA, SC etc are so full of DAMN YANKEE'S it's a terrible place to live and do business compared to the North.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2009 05:03 AM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
07-02-2009 04:34 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(07-02-2009 01:27 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Good lord, take me now. I can't live in a world were a man is exspected to wipe his own ass. I need government assistance. You will do everything for me wont you, Lord?
07-02-2009 06:51 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(07-02-2009 04:34 AM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

Yup, that's why NC, TN, GA, SC etc are so full of DAMN YANKEE'S it's a terrible place to live and do business compared to the North.

No kidding. I went to the Braves-Red Sox game last weekend and half the crowd had Boston caps and T shirts on.
07-02-2009 06:55 AM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

And "Hussein of Your Heart" Robs said just last night how "GREAT" his Stimulator Fiasco is working .....

Obamagog said that "It is working to save jobs and create jobs so well, that we are probably looking at an UNEMPLOYMENT jump above 10% after today's new Figures come out".

Now that is a confident man in his work my friends.

AND he STILL BELIEVES HIS STUPID CRAPULUS BILL IS WORKING ????? !!!!!!

What a freaking duub !!!!!! :johnkerry:

07-02-2009 07:04 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

There is not one fuckin' thing you have in the hellhole you live in that we do not have down here, fool.

....and we got Disneyworld, *****.
07-02-2009 07:31 AM
Quote this message in a reply
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Living in the 1800's? At least we have jobs that are still semi-willing to come down to do business. We also have our metropolitan areas in Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, etc. We lead the nation in scientific research and we also have the some of the best hospitals in the country. I would also rank some of our schools as better than your northern Ivy Leagues.
07-02-2009 07:36 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
the south(in the cities mainly) is currently being invaded by yankees for the jobs and way of living....they are however proceeding to royally screw things up for us all, Robert please stay up north and spare us
07-02-2009 08:12 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
California? The state that's in the worst economic crisis in the union? That's what we want to follow?

California is the perfect proof that these principles suck. They're complete failures. If CA can't make it work w/ all its inherent advantages, then no place can.
07-02-2009 08:15 AM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
California is also an example of a failed political culture, that is manifesting itself in Washington now.
07-02-2009 08:18 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(07-02-2009 08:15 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  California? The state that's in the worst economic crisis in the union? That's what we want to follow?

California is the perfect proof that these principles suck. They're complete failures. If CA can't make it work w/ all its inherent advantages, then no place can.

...but that's the entire motive of the left. It isn't to elevate people or states to the same status as the ones that are successful, it's to bring everyone down to achieve mediocre parity. You know, "fairness". It's the same thing seen in government schools.
07-02-2009 08:19 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

Robert...Are you having fun trolling this?.03-lmfao
07-02-2009 08:30 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
California's 2 largest problems are the liberal spenders and the unions. If you're a unionized state worker you have a job for life with a retirement plan tht beats just about anything out there.
07-06-2009 10:49 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(07-02-2009 08:18 AM)GGniner Wrote:  California is also an example of a failed political culture, that is manifesting itself in Washington now.

California is always 5 or ten years ahead of the rest of the country; however, with Obama and Pelosi running the show in Washington, I bet the lagtime greatly reduces. Stupid Liberals.
07-06-2009 11:11 AM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
*cough* rolling blackouts *cough*
07-06-2009 12:43 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(07-06-2009 12:43 PM)I45owl Wrote:  *cough* rolling blackouts *cough*
*cough* Enron *cough* lack of regulations *cough* a republican plan *cough*
07-06-2009 01:26 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(07-06-2009 01:26 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Who are you blaming for the lack of Enron regulation?
07-06-2009 01:30 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-06-2009 01:26 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

it wasn't de-regulated moron, it was RE-regulated, crony style. Not a thing conservative about that.

Try this on for size junior:

CATO: Prediction: California Power Deregulation Will be a Fiasco

January 19, 2001.

Conservatives and Libertarians were predicting that failure before it happened....because it wasn't actual de-regulation, but Re-REgulation
07-06-2009 02:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.