Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mascre in Tehran - Iran's Tiananmen Square - Content Warning
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Mascre in Tehran - Iran's Tiananmen Square - Content Warning
Money quote:

Quote:There should not be - nor should have ever been - invitations to the ruthless Iranian regime's international ambassadors to celebrate anything with us, anywhere, unless it is an invitation to a tribunal on charges of crimes against humanity.

To my intelligent friends who have been arguing the logic of our president's near silence on the issue of Iran - and not without merit on certain points - you can disengage from me now. I will entertain none of it any longer.

This is an axe wound, just one, doled out by the regime's thug basiji animals on Saturday, June 20, 2009.

http://threatswatch.org/rapidrecon/2009/...in-tehran/

Quote:This was a brutal murder of an assuredly unarmed protester of the up-close-and-personal variety. An act, and one not isolated, which requires the presence of inhumane malice and aggression and the absence of humanity. The traits required for massacres upon the unarmed. There is no nuance, no logical approach, no deft explanation that covers near silence and inadequate, tepid condemnation of the meekest sort. To decline any mention of possible repercussions on the regime for these acts "because we don't know how this is going to turn out" is moral cowardice of the highest order. Look at the picture above and listen to the frantic woman calling in to CNN again. They seem to "know how this is going to turn out."

There is a way to condemn a regime axing its citizens in the streets of Tehran and other cities across Iran without "making this about the US." You, and our president, are intelligent men and women and lacking no gifts of speech and prose. Find what's missing. Each of you frustrate and sadden me. Argue your eloquent points elsewhere. My ears are deaf as of now.

interestingly, this is roughly 20yrs since Tianamen square. Also interestingly, those that profess to the mantle of "Liberty" in this country recently refused to Condem china for Human Rights violations as "none of our business" and other Relativistic grounds on this anniversary and are also refusing to Condem Iran. Instead they'd rather fear monger about the US being the 'real bad guy' and stand on the house floor 'fearing a Gulf of Tonkin' to pave way for a 'needless war'.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2009 11:21 AM by GGniner.)
06-25-2009 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
RE: Mascre in Tehran - Iran's Tiananmen Square - Content Warning
Time for Israel to Attack.
06-25-2009 11:47 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
"Greetings from Tehran"

Can you email Obamagog and include photo attachments?

If so, I'm including this. How in the Hell can we sit back and do NOTHING?

[Image: axe-wound.jpg]
06-25-2009 12:16 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
And this is my problem, how?
06-25-2009 12:40 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-25-2009 12:40 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  And this is my problem, how?

Because you were born on this particular landmass. That binds you to the social contract between you and the state. Because you get to cast votes to decide who your leaders...you are obligated to obey the laws and dictates they put on pieces of paper and support the programs they wish to put forth. If your government decides to go over to Iran and kick the sh!t out of them...then you are obligated to give your support!!!...How dare you!!! If you don't like it here in the USA...Then leave!!....03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao04-cheers
06-25-2009 02:13 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
here is one, of many things, that should be done which we did in Europe and elsewhere to counter the Iranian State propaganda

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2009 02:56 PM by GGniner.)
06-25-2009 02:45 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Man CB, just look at how young this person is .....

He is not some old choked down geezer who is angry that they raised tobacco taxes - - these are the Future of the Middle East man !!!!!!!

What in hell have we been doing in Afghanistan and Iraq all these years to let this opportunity to simply let these young people know that we understand their reasons for dissent and we are supporting them.

If they are able to get just enough strength from our simple verbal support to hang in there and take this ugly and ruthless regime down, they just may become a Democracy to enough of an Extent that it actually helps us in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

And their Victory just may be the catalyst that solidifies these bordering countries together in an effort to build this particular region of the Middle East into a Democratic Style existence.

Their VICTORY in Iran could actually set us ahead in this region at least a Decade and would maybe give us enough of an Ally to STOP the BS happening in this part of the World.

This young man's Death is not your "PROBLEM" CB, but if his Group Wins this thing, it just may be part of Yours, Mine, and Our Solution to ENDING a lot of Death and Violence in ALL of this Region including Both War Theaters.

No one is asking you or any other country to send troops in to Iran and no one is asking a single American to go Fight in the Streets of Iran, all these young people seek is their chance to change the ugliness they have to live with 24/7/365 .... now what is so hard about that ????

They are begging for us to do no more than Verbally Support them and our Man of the Hour lost his Clock and his Heart.

You do remember the Civil Rights Movement don't you ????

06-25-2009 03:50 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I love how its always America's responsiblity to fix the world problems. Hey, Japan, China, and Russia are pretty much world powers. I don't see them going over to help out Iran.
06-25-2009 03:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(06-25-2009 03:53 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  I love how its always America's responsiblity to fix the world problems. Hey, Japan, China, and Russia are pretty much world powers. I don't see them going over to help out Iran.

No one is asking anybody to go anywhere near Iran.

We already have Troops on both the East and West Borders of Iran as we speak in Afghanistan and Iraq - - if we wanted to move into Iran all we would have to do is DRIVE a few miles in each direction.

All they are asking for is a little Verbal Support .... just something to let them know the United States Supports them.

This age group makes up 2/3rd's of Iran's Population and if they have just an inkling that most people around the world are supporting what they are doing, it may just give them the psychological strength to hang in there with it and put those murdering bastards out for ever.

Can't anyone see how Iran ties directly into Afghanistan and Iraq and the United States ????? I mean we are just fighting on two war fronts on the East and West of Iran's Borders and this could be a win win for everyone in the region.

No one is suggesting a United States Military Invasion - - all these young people want is to know what they are doing is being seen and heard around the world and those who are seeing and hearing are Supporting Them ..... that is all they are looking for people.

Since we just happen to be in the Neighborhood fighting two wars, it just may be greatly beneficial to us to Verbally Support their Efforts and do our best to let them know we Support them.

IT MAY JUST SAVE SOME UNITED STATES SOLDIERS LIVES if these young Iranians tear down the Old Supreme Ayatollah Murderous Regime while we are engaged in Two Wars on each side of Iran.

I mean don't cha think ?????

06-25-2009 04:29 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl

The Iranians end their Friday Prayers with the chant of "Makbar Amerika".. which means "Death to America."

Anytime you have an opportunity for a "change in management" in a Nation like Iran-- go for it.
06-25-2009 05:44 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
McCain, Graham and Lieberman have legislation for modern day version of old Cold War efforts to inform the Iranians

Quote:Lieberman, McCain, and Graham held a presser announcing new Iran legislation they intend to introduce. It will increase funding for Radio Farda and Voice of America, both of which have been critical at keeping Iranians informed of what's happening in their own country and reporting those events to the outside world as well. They also talk of funding a new Farsi-language website with live news coverage, and "funding to foster the spread of technologies that would make it harder for the Iranian regime to crackdown" on the transmission of information over cellphones.

Lieberman sums it up: “We’ve seen that the Iranian regime has tried to deploy new technologies to restrict its people from getting access to information, prevent its people from exercising their freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, particularly online. The Iranian government has jammed satellites and radio broadcasts, disrupted cell phone service, monitored Internet use, and blocked particular Web sites. It’s now trying to slam shut the door that a vibrant election had begun to open. The legislation we intend to introduce is inspired by a clear and simple purpose. We want the Iranian people to be able to stay one step ahead of the Iranian regime, getting access to information and safely exercising freedom of speech and freedom of assembly online.”

Lieberman again: “This legislation is not about endorsing or aiding one particular civil society group versus another in Iran. It is not about handing out American money to reformers in Iran. It is about the fundamental right of all Iranians to get access to the information they want, when they want, without interference or intimidation by their government. It is about the fundamental right of all Iranians to exercise freedom of speech and freedom of assembly online.”

A great McCain line: “During the Cold War, we provided the Polish people and dissidents with printing presses. Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube are the modern-day printing presses. They are the way. They are the way to spread information and keep the hope of freedom alive amongst the Iranian people.”

CQ defense reporter Josh Rogin asked Lieberman "Do you have any indications from Democratic leadership that they plan to move this bill through the process? Does it have Joe-mentum?" Lieberman responded, "Well, I hope it has more Joe-mentum than my ‘04 presidential campaign."
06-25-2009 10:39 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
God help them.
06-25-2009 11:28 PM
ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I really feel bad for these people. I want to know, those who have been critical of Obama and the way he has handled this, I wan't to know what do you think Obama and the US should be doing?
06-26-2009 01:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(06-26-2009 01:01 AM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  I really feel bad for these people. I want to know, those who have been critical of Obama and the way he has handled this, I wan't to know what do you think Obama and the US should be doing?

Covert operations to destabilize the government.

We know who the players are-- who we can get to and who support the government. Remember Alireza Asghari, the former commander of the Revolutionary Guards defected to the US back in 2007. He knows who to work on.

You support the people by getting telecommunications equipment into them, so they can continue to get the message out. At the same time you work on members of the Revolutary Guards to turn on the Government. Bribe them, compromise them, do whatever it takes to get them to switch sides.

At the same time, maybe there needs to be an "accident" at the main Iranian gasoline import terminal. Its funny, with all the oil Iran has, they actually import gasoline since they dont have enough refining capacity in country. You shut off gasoline imports, it will huirt the Mullahs.
06-26-2009 02:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.