Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Healthcare.....Government has found something it can do right!!
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Healthcare.....Government has found something it can do right!!
BO's press conference....Did I hear him trying to suggest that the federal government could provide healthcare cheaper and more efficiently than free market insurance? 04-jawdrop

It was during my lunch nap time and maybe I was dreaming...or...maybe I was kidnapped by aliens and implanted with a indoctrination chip.03-lmfao

WTF!!! 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
06-23-2009 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Healthcare.....Government has found something it can do right!!
(06-23-2009 08:27 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  BO's press conference....Did I hear him trying to suggest that the federal government could provide healthcare cheaper and more efficiently than free market insurance? 04-jawdrop

It's true! By defining the current highly regulated, complicated, cumbersome system as "free market," it is possible that the gov't could do better.

I don't think they will, but they may create a system that has "portability", and they can, by definition, claim all US citizens (or residents) are covered. So they will use these contrived secondary Figures of Merit to boast their success...even as people suffer and die under their new system.
06-24-2009 08:01 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

I wish Obama had ever once been a regular person and not "God" and had to use a VA Hospital for a major illness ....

He would not be so inclined to dump that kind of crap on the United States Populace to the outer boundaries of insane infinity I'll betcha.

The problem is simple, the guys forcing this mess down your throats have never had to live in the REAL WORLD long enough to see just how something like this can really suck.

Do you think a John Kerry or a Ted Kennedy has ever used an Inner City Clinic for an Illness ??? 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

These guys are the guys that have their own Wings at Major Hospitals and they want Dollar Store Health Care for the rest of us ... I love it 03-nutkick 04-chairshot

06-24-2009 08:26 AM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
[Image: 579.gif]
06-24-2009 05:17 PM
Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron Zips
(06-23-2009 08:27 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  BO's press conference....Did I hear him trying to suggest that the federal government could provide healthcare cheaper and more efficiently than free market insurance? 04-jawdrop

It was during my lunch nap time and maybe I was dreaming...or...maybe I was kidnapped by aliens and implanted with a indoctrination chip.03-lmfao

No, he just called out the private-market advocates, who claim the government can't do anything efficiently, but are now afraid of being out-competed by a public plan 03-hissyfit
06-24-2009 05:55 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(06-24-2009 05:55 PM)Zipfanatik Wrote:  

No, he just called out the private-market advocates, who claim the government can't do anything efficiently, but are now afraid of being out-competed by a public plan 03-hissyfit

it's easy to out-compete them when they don't have to worry about making money. the government can simply charge insanely low prices and be in the red. it doesn't make a difference to them if they lose money.
06-24-2009 06:23 PM
Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

That's the first problem...health care shouldn't be a for-profit commodity so no sympathy points will be awarded based on that excuse.
06-24-2009 09:51 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-24-2009 06:23 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(06-24-2009 05:55 PM)Zipfanatik Wrote:  

it's easy to out-compete them when they don't have to worry about making money. the government can simply charge insanely low prices and be in the red. it doesn't make a difference to them if they lose money.

+1....I was sooo hoping someone would state the obvious before I had to....04-bow04-bow

The government does NOT respond to market signals...it just prints the money it needs to fund its programs or steals it from the populace if it can not make a profit....The marketplace does not have that ability...they must make profit based on quality,service and customer satisfaction. Anyone that does not understand this simple fact... really needs to stop and think!!!!05-stirthepot
06-24-2009 10:00 PM
Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

(06-24-2009 09:51 PM)Zipfanatik Wrote:  That's the first problem...health care shouldn't be a for-profit commodity so no sympathy points will be awarded based on that excuse.

+1
06-24-2009 10:39 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Well hell !!!!!!

We have 700 New York City Public School Teachers (Government Teachers-Government Schools) sitting in "Rubber Rooms" drawing FULL PAY because they suck at their jobs.

Now flash over to Obama-Care and you have 7000 Doctors in Each STATE sitting in Rubber Rooms Drawing Full Pay who suck just as badly at their JOBS and the Patient is the Loser Dujour here and will have no Right to Tort Compensation.

And unlike an English Teacher than can't SPELL, you will have a Surgeon who puts a Right Foot on a Left Leg and stupid sh't like that happening.

God help anyone with a Groin Issue !!!!!!!

When you Dumb Down the types and quality of People Who Work for you, you get Crap Products back for your wasted time .... just look at China's National Industrial Product Safety Record ..... if it comes from China and you TOUCH IT, YOU DIE because the Government is only paying the workers about .50 cents an hour to work so they don't give a toot if a little Arsenic or Cyanide gets into the Baby Food ....

Are we really this STUPID that we want Barack Hussein Obama to MANDATE ALL OUR HEALTH CARE NEEDS FOR LIFE ????????

ARE WE ??????

People will be walking around looking like they are in a Michael Jackson Music Video or a Frankenstein Movie and Bro. Obama won't care .... he has a LIFE TIME SPECIAL ROOM AT THE BEST HOSPITALS ON EARTH !!!!!!!

Eat it up boys, cause it's all your gonna get if this mess comes to fruition. 03-puke 03-puke 03-puke

06-24-2009 11:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.