Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MISSING: Governor of South Carolina
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
MISSING: Governor of South Carolina
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/0...ssing.html

uh, what the heck? Trying to create some sort of mystique about him to over come his otherwise boring-ness for the 2012 campaign?
06-22-2009 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: MISSING: Governor of South Carolina
Has anyone seen GTS recently?
06-22-2009 03:57 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Obama probably sent Federal agents to seize him for opposing the Stimulus package.
06-22-2009 04:08 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
I love his wife's reaction. I don't know where he is, don't care, and I'm not worried at all.
06-22-2009 04:08 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah, except for the fact that she didn't say that she didn't care, only that she wasn't concerned.
06-22-2009 04:24 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Sanford, missing since Thursday, reportedly located
By John O'Connor and Clif LeBlanc

The whereabouts of Gov. Mark Sanford was unknown for nearly four days, and some state leaders question who was in charge of the executive office.

But Sanford’s office told the lieutenant governor’s office Monday afternoon that Sanford has been reached and he is fine, said Frank Adams, head of Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer’s office on aging.

Neither the governor’s office nor the State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for governors, had been able to reach Sanford after he left the mansion Thursday in a black SLED Suburban SUV, said Sen. Jake Knotts and three others familiar with the situation but declined to be identified.

Sanford’s last known whereabouts had been near Atlanta because a mobile telephone tower picked up a signal from his phone, authorities said. His office now knows where he is, Adams said.

First lady Jenny Sanford told The Associated Press earlier Monday her husband has been gone for several days and she did not know where.

She said she was not concerned.

The governor’s state and personal phones had been turned off and he had not responded to phone or text messages since at least the weekend, a source familiar with the situation said.

Most mobile phones cannot be tracked if they are turned off.

Jenny Sanford said the governor said he needed time away from their children to write something.

The governor’s office issued a statement Monday afternoon: "Gov. Sanford is taking some time away from the office this week to recharge after the stimulus battle and the legislative session, and to work on a couple of projects that have fallen by the wayside. We are not going to discuss the specifics of his travel arrangements or his security arrangements."

One official familiar with the situation said there was no indication that foul play might have been involved because Sanford occasionally makes trips without his security detail.

Knotts, a longtime Sanford critic, said he contacted SLED Chief Reggie Lloyd Saturday after he heard reports the governor could not be reached.

"Chief Lloyd confirmed that my information is legitimate," Knotts said. "He shared my concerns" about succession of power in Sanford’s absence, the Lexington Republican said. Lloyd could not be reached immediately on Monday.

"I was recently made aware that Governor Sanford has frequently been eluding SLED agents and disappearing at odd times," Knotts said. Previously, Sanford has not been out of all contact - including with his own office - for this long before, a source, who insisted on anonymity, said.

Knotts said the state’s chief executive should never be unreachable.

"As the head of our state, in the unfortunate event of a state of emergency or homeland security situation, Governor Sanford should be available at all times to the Chief of SLED," the senator said.

"If for any reason, including the unknown whereabouts of the Governor, he is unable to perform the duties of his office the Constitution provides that the lieutenant governor assumes the position of governor.

"I want to know immediately ­ who is running the executive branch in the governor’s absence," Knotts said.

The question of succession came just after Sanford became governor in 2003.

He joined the Air Force Reserve and was sent to Alabama for two week’s training with his unit, the 315th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron based in Charleston. Sanford did not transfer power to Bauer at the time, saying he would be in regular contact with his office.

Sanford said then he would transfer authority in writing to the lieutenant governor only if he were called to active duty.

The Associated Press contributed to this report
Reach Clif LeBlanc at cleblanc@thestate.com and John O'Connor at joconnor@thestate.com

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/836552.html
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2009 04:27 PM by BlazerFan11.)
06-22-2009 04:26 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Dems will use this against him, claim he has a history of being Derelect in Duty.

I think his public career is over outside of possibly being a VP pick anyway though.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2009 04:29 PM by GGniner.)
06-22-2009 04:28 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(06-22-2009 04:28 PM)GGniner Wrote:  Dems will use this against him, claim he has a history of being Derelect in Duty

.....but those of us close to the issue know differently. Derelict and Mark Sanford should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Seriously, the guy probably took a vacation with some of his buds. WTF Cares? ...and why WOULD his wife reveal where he went? If something goes down, trust me, the people who are in the know will contact him.

It's a non-issue.
06-22-2009 04:30 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Missing politicians are good thing.03-lmfao They cant do any damage while missing.

Gone during Fathers day weekend? Strange behavior coming from a family values Governor. Maybe he is writing the next great American novel.05-stirthepot
06-22-2009 04:31 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Gubment crackdown on dissidents?

[Image: 071005-rachid-ramda.jpg]
06-22-2009 04:35 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

Watch, as one by one, the liberal media will do whatever they can, including non-issues like this, to make possible 2012 GOP presidential candidates look bad. Palin and Jindal already had their turns. Who's on the clock now?
06-22-2009 04:44 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
they'll only go after the Repubs that could potentially win. It'll be good news for Sanford if they go after him very hard.

They regret not doing this to Reagan, and giving William F. Buckley the time of day. So now they demonize Palin unfairly and dishonestly in many cases, and don't let the new WFB thinkers get a seat at the table to represent Conservatism(Mark Steyn, etc.).
06-22-2009 04:51 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

We have a POS in "Da White Howze" that STAYED MISSING his entire career and look where that got him.

A job f'cking up the country like a big dawg and eatin' Hot Dogs with the Iranians.

06-22-2009 05:10 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(06-22-2009 04:26 PM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  
Quote:..................................Sanford’s last known whereabouts had been near Atlanta because a mobile telephone tower picked up a signal from his phone, authorities said. His office now knows where he is, Adams said........................

The Associated Press contributed to this report
Reach Clif LeBlanc at cleblanc@thestate.com and John O'Connor at joconnor@thestate.com

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/836552.html

So, how did a newspaper get that information so quick? Can anyone request locations from cell towers?
06-22-2009 05:31 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
He was fine when he left Atlanta... I promise! 04-rock (Pssst... Can you say Fundraising?)
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2009 07:33 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
06-22-2009 07:32 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(06-22-2009 04:30 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(06-22-2009 04:28 PM)GGniner Wrote:  Dems will use this against him, claim he has a history of being Derelect in Duty

.....but those of us close to the issue know differently. Derelict and Mark Sanford should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Seriously, the guy probably took a vacation with some of his buds. WTF Cares? ...and why WOULD his wife reveal where he went? If something goes down, trust me, the people who are in the know will contact him.

It's a non-issue.

Reb, are there any good whore houses in ATL? You may find him there. 05-stirthepot
06-22-2009 08:12 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(06-22-2009 08:12 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Reb, are there any good whore houses in ATL? You may find him there. 05-stirthepot

What are you, 5?
06-22-2009 08:16 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(06-22-2009 08:16 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(06-22-2009 08:12 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Reb, are there any good whore houses in ATL? You may find him there. 05-stirthepot

What are you, 5?

Are you saying Politicians don't like whores? 05-stirthepot
06-22-2009 08:20 PM
RockyMtnRamfan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Colorado State
I would not be surprised if he gets caught in a gay sex scandal.
06-22-2009 08:20 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(06-22-2009 08:20 PM)RockyMtnRamfan Wrote:  I would not be surprised if he gets caught in a gay sex scandal.

I've thought the same about you.
06-22-2009 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.