Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ahmadinejad wins surprise Iran landslide victory
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Ahmadinejad wins surprise Iran landslide victory
Surprise??? Hardly!!!

Quote:Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has won a crushing victory in Iran's landmark presidential election, according to the country's authorities, but his moderate challenger Mir Hossein Mousavi has warned of "tyranny" and protested that the result was rigged after a record turnout of 84%.

Ahmadinejad knew he would win and likely decided an actual vote count wasn't necessary. I'm sure everyone he asked told him he is a great leader and they support him unconditionally. :ncaabbs:

Iran's candidate of Hope and Change
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2009 08:50 AM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
06-13-2009 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: Ahmadinejad wins surprise Iran landslide victory
All that is needed is for Jimmy Carter to certify it.
06-13-2009 09:02 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
News reports this morning show some Moussavi supporters in the Tehran. Ought to be interesting.
06-13-2009 09:14 AM
egoboss407 Offline
Banned

I Root For: free speech
Death to America!
06-13-2009 10:07 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

You know, I always laughed at these silly nations with their Faux Elections like the one that just happened in Iran, but I never dreamed we would ever be one of those nations.

Seems we've come full circle since 1776.

Now Obamagog's little friend is still there and they can use the Red Phone to just talk and talk about bowing to the Saudi King and how Barack has been discovered to be the Direct Decedent of King Tut.

I am just so giddy from all this Feel Good Stuff that it's like the 60's and Acid Trips all over again !!!

FLOWER POWER BABY !!!!!!!!! 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock

06-13-2009 10:44 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-13-2009 10:44 AM)Tripster Wrote:  .

You know, I always laughed at these silly nations with their Faux Elections like the one that just happened in Iran, but I never dreamed we would ever be one of those nations.

Now Obamagog's little friend is still there and they can use the Red Phone to just talk and talk about bowing to the Saudi King and how Barack has been discovered to be the Direct Decedent of King Tut.

I am just so giddy from all this Feel Good Stuff that it's like the 60's and Acid Trips all over again !!!

As if election of one person actually has slowed down the growth of the state and reduced its theft. Voting is a exercise in futility on the Federal level. Two lions and a sheep deciding on dinner. We know who gets eaten.04-cheers
06-13-2009 11:18 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
The guy has come a long way since he led the takeover of our embassy during Carter's failed presidency.
06-13-2009 11:19 AM
niuhuskie84 Offline
All American

I Root For:

How exactly was the election "faux"? Did you say the same thing about Bush Jr/Sr? Or Reagans? You cant have it both ways.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2009 05:05 PM by niuhuskie84.)
06-13-2009 05:04 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies
(06-13-2009 11:18 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

As if election of one person actually has slowed down the growth of the state and reduced its theft. Voting is a exercise in futility on the Federal level. Two lions and a sheep deciding on dinner. We know who gets eaten.04-cheers

is the sheep well armed?
06-13-2009 10:21 PM
Tripster Offline

(06-13-2009 05:04 PM)niuhuskie84 Wrote:  

How exactly was the election "faux"? Did you say the same thing about Bush Jr/Sr? Or Reagans? You cant have it both ways.

As a matter of fact (and I do mean FACT) - - I have complained that the SCOTUS has elected our POTUS twice in this decade.

And yes, when you have a Nobody, that has done Nothing in his life, get elected because Ignorant people believe he was going to pay their Home Mortgage, their Utility Bills, their Car Gas, and purchase their Food for them, then it is pretty much a Faux Election.

I don't believe Ms. Peggy is getting her checks like she had hoped she would from Mr. Obama.

And we have yet to see a Real Obama Birth Certificate ..... and you can make fun of that all you want, but the truth is the truth.

People praised Obama for having Sarah Palin as his VP Running Mate as they stood outside the Voting Centers on 04 Nov 08 - - so tell me these were informed voters that were not voting Promises and Color and you win the argument .... otherwise, it is just another BS Election we have had to endure since Gore vs Bush 2000.

06-13-2009 10:30 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(06-13-2009 10:21 PM)Tulsaman Wrote:  

is the sheep well armed?

Only the Lions have a granted monopoly on the use of force. When the sheep decide to fight back...they become enemies of the state.
06-13-2009 10:42 PM
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
Don't insult my intelligence by attempting to draw any parallels between this Iranian election and the US Presidential Election in 2000.

When even Iranian National TV called it “head to head” a day before the election and then the “ruling party” wins roughly 2 to 1… this stinks.

Right now it seems there are riots in Tehran...

Give me $4 million cash to distribute to the grass roots opposition, and access to a couple of "Pirate" radio stations and a Satellite TV broadcasting center, I could have Iran in open rebellion within a month.

People are already pissed.. you just have to provoke a government crackdown, televise that, provoke a harsher response, and you will have a major uprising within a month. Use the same stuff the Ayatollah used against the Shaw in 78-79.

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- As street protests and voter skepticism rose over Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's election victory, the incumbent leader hailed the vote, saying it was a "great ordeal" but one that pointed "the way to the future."

The ongoing street protests have been viewed as remarkable in a country where anti-government sentiment is not looked upon kindly by those in power. In the aftermath of the vote, street protesters and riot police engaged in running battles, with stones thrown, garbage cans set on fire and people shouting "death to the dictatorship." Watch angry protesters take to streets »

People leaned out of windows and balconies to watch the throngs of protesters march, many of whom were Moussavi supporters and conducted largely noisy but peaceful demonstrations.

Later in the evening, an agitated and angry crowd emerged in Tehran's Moseni Square, with people breaking into shops, starting fires and tearing down signs. Two sides of people faced off against each other in the square, throwing rocks and bottles and shouting angrily.

Before the vote count ended, Moussavi issued a sharply worded letter urging the counting to stop because of "blatant violations" and lashed out at what he indicated was an unfair process.

Moussavi said the results from "untrustworthy monitors" reflects "the weakening of the pillars that constitute the sacred system" of Iran and "the rule of authoritarianism and tyranny." Independent vote monitors were banned from polling places.

"The results announced for the 10th presidential elections are astonishing. People who stood in long lines and knew well who they voted for were utterly surprised by the magicians working at the television and radio broadcasting," Moussavi said in his statement.

Iran, he said, "belongs to the people and not cheaters."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/1...index.html
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2009 10:58 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
06-13-2009 10:58 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(06-13-2009 10:58 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Don't insult my intelligence by attempting to draw any parallels between this Iranian election and the US Presidential Election in 2000.

When even Iranian National TV called it “head to head” a day before the election and then the “ruling party” wins roughly 2 to 1… this stinks.

Give me $4 million cash to distribute to the grass roots opposition, and access to a couple of "Pirate" radio stations and a Satellite TV broadcasting center, I could have Iran in open rebellion within a month.

People are already pissed.. you just have to provoke a government crackdown, televise that, provoke a harsher response, and you will have a major uprising within a month. Use the same stuff the Ayatollah used against the Shaw in 78-79.

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- As street protests and voter skepticism rose over Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's election victory, the incumbent leader hailed the vote, saying it was a "great ordeal" but one that pointed "the way to the future."

The ongoing street protests have been viewed as remarkable in a country where anti-government sentiment is not looked upon kindly by those in power. In the aftermath of the vote, street protesters and riot police engaged in running battles, with stones thrown, garbage cans set on fire and people shouting "death to the dictatorship." Watch angry protesters take to streets »

People leaned out of windows and balconies to watch the throngs of protesters march, many of whom were Moussavi supporters and conducted largely noisy but peaceful demonstrations.

Later in the evening, an agitated and angry crowd emerged in Tehran's Moseni Square, with people breaking into shops, starting fires and tearing down signs. Two sides of people faced off against each other in the square, throwing rocks and bottles and shouting angrily.

Before the vote count ended, Moussavi issued a sharply worded letter urging the counting to stop because of "blatant violations" and lashed out at what he indicated was an unfair process.

Moussavi said the results from "untrustworthy monitors" reflects "the weakening of the pillars that constitute the sacred system" of Iran and "the rule of authoritarianism and tyranny." Independent vote monitors were banned from polling places.

"The results announced for the 10th presidential elections are astonishing. People who stood in long lines and knew well who they voted for were utterly surprised by the magicians working at the television and radio broadcasting," Moussavi said in his statement.

Next week...This will be a just another forgotten story. Mr. Akmadumbass will again be the hand puppet of the Ayatollahs(who hold the true power in Iran). I hope you are correct that the Iranians can revolt....I just doubt their resolve...just as I doubt OUR resolve in fighting our own tyrannical government. We are just to happy in our comfortable enslavement to start the new evolution at this point. Somewhere in the future the tipping point will occur....but...probably not in my lifetime.
06-13-2009 11:16 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies
(06-13-2009 10:42 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

is the sheep well armed?

Only the Lions have a granted monopoly on the use of force. When the sheep decide to fight back...they become enemies of the state.

i'm still going with the sheep if the sheep is well armed and determined.
06-13-2009 11:16 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(06-13-2009 11:16 PM)Tulsaman Wrote:  
(06-13-2009 10:42 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

is the sheep well armed?

i'm still going with the sheep if the sheep is well armed and determined.

Lions love Lambchops.04-cheers
06-13-2009 11:20 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(06-13-2009 11:16 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(06-13-2009 10:58 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Don't insult my intelligence by attempting to draw any parallels between this Iranian election and the US Presidential Election in 2000.

Next week...This will be a just another forgotten story. Mr. Akmadumbass will again be the hand puppet of the Ayatollahs(who hold the true power in Iran). I hope you are correct that the Iranians can revolt....I just doubt their resolve...just as I doubt OUR resolve in fighting our own tyrannical government. We are just to happy in our comfortable enslavement to start the new evolution at this point. Somewhere in the future the tipping point will occur....but...probably not in my lifetime.

I would not be surprised if instructions havn't been delivered to the CIA Station Chief in Baghdad ordering him to cut all ties with all Iranian opposition groups, including Mousavi.

Obama wants to kiss up to the Mullahs. He doesn't want to rock the boat at all. What a moron.

Meanwhile in Jerusalem, the Mossad is burning the midnight oil, as they see an opportunity that haven't had in over 30 years. The Israelis could start a civil insurrection in Iran-- and Obama couldn't stop it.
06-13-2009 11:48 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(06-13-2009 11:48 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  I would not be surprised if instructions havn't been delivered to the CIA Station Chief in Baghdad ordering him to cut all ties with all Iranian opposition groups, including Mousavi.

Obama wants to kiss up to the Mullahs. He doesn't want to rock the boat at all. What a moron.

Meanwhile in Jerusalem, the Mossad is burning the midnight oil, as they see an opportunity that haven't had in over 30 years. The Israelis could start a civil insurrection in Iran-- and Obama couldn't stop it.

Man we can only hope they do just that and strike while the iron is on fire.

Simply bypass this Appeaser we have in the Oval Office and go directly to the Disenfranchised while they are fed up and angry enough to risk it all to Coup this sucker and his minions.

I would love to see it happen, but I fear Obamagog would send United States Troops in to help Iran .... that's just how sorry I believe him to be.

06-14-2009 10:57 AM
niuhuskie84 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-13-2009 10:30 PM)Tripster Wrote:  And yes, when you have a Nobody, that has done Nothing in his life, get elected because Ignorant people believe he was going to pay their Home Mortgage, their Utility Bills, their Car Gas, and purchase their Food for them, then it is pretty much a Faux Election.

I guess in your world, head of the Harvard Law Review, university of Chicago professor, and State Senator constitutes "nothing".

And do tell, what have you done with your life which is so superior on the world stage?

I didnt vote for Obama because of some mythical cliche "handout". I voted for him because I agree with most of his policies, his ability to get his initiatives done, and his ability to restore our image worldwide.

Disagree all you want; you'll have your chance again in 1012. But calling it "faux" really discredits any position you might have.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2009 11:13 AM by niuhuskie84.)
06-14-2009 11:06 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(06-13-2009 11:48 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  
(06-13-2009 11:16 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

I would not be surprised if instructions havn't been delivered to the CIA Station Chief in Baghdad ordering him to cut all ties with all Iranian opposition groups, including Mousavi.

Wow. You calling someone else a moron after that post is just stupid. If you don't think that Obama is trying to get done what you say the Israeli's are trying to do, you have blinders on and are wearing a tin foil hat.
06-14-2009 01:16 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(06-14-2009 01:16 PM)RobertN Wrote:  If you don't think that Obama is trying to get done what you say the Israeli's are trying to do, you have blinders on and are wearing a tin foil hat.

Could you possibly supply some evidence to back up your assertion?
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2009 01:32 PM by Paul M.)
06-14-2009 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.