Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The South is gonna rise again!
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
The South is gonna rise again!
....economically-speaking. 05-stirthepot

....and it'll happen a lot sooner than the north.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/lat...9314.shtml

Wanna know the funny thing about "purpose-built cars"? They tend to become civilian cars, I.e. Jeep, Hummer, etc. Not a bad looking car at all. Kinda looks like a BMW.

The Diesel-powered Carbon E7

[Image: 519314_0_512.jpg]
05-20-2009 01:55 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: The South is gonna rise again!
the only way US car manufacturing, that is US owned can make it, will be in mostly Southern or Midwestern states, with more pro-business policies and no UAW.

Problem is Obama is going to slap tons of regulations on it
05-20-2009 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
That is a very attractive car. Maybe a southern renaissance is in order. If we can get banking straight we'll be in the money.
05-20-2009 02:08 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
The car looks good, that is true. But can it actually perform like it's supposed to is the big question. We'll see, if police organizations start adopting these vehicles as a standard...

Frankly, there hasn't been a decent police car built in this country since GM quit producing Caprice Classics - unless you're where there aren't any paved roads...
05-20-2009 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
It's diesel-powered. If they took any lessons from Daimler-Benz, they'll be ok.
05-20-2009 02:35 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
When some jurisdictions out here confiscate a car worthy of becoming some sort of police car they turn it into one. I've seen Mustangs, Chargers, Pathfinders, etc turned into vehicles that do traffic work.
05-20-2009 02:37 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
next they need to do a Southern take of the Escalade and Hummer
05-20-2009 02:39 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(05-20-2009 02:35 PM)Rebel Wrote:  It's diesel-powered. If they took any lessons from Daimler-Benz, they'll be ok.
IF is a big word...
05-20-2009 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(05-20-2009 01:55 PM)Rebel Wrote:  ....economically-speaking. 05-stirthepot

Wanna know the funny thing about "purpose-built cars"? They tend to become civilian cars, I.e. Jeep, Hummer, etc. Not a bad looking car at all. Kinda looks like a BMW.

I agree, but its just a matter of time that the UAW, armed with "Card Check" and other blessings of the Obama Administration, attempt to infiltrate and subvert the automobile manufacturers located in the South.
05-20-2009 02:52 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(05-20-2009 02:52 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  

I agree, but its just a matter of time that the UAW, armed with "Card Check" and other blessings of the Obama Administration, attempt to infiltrate and subvert the automobile manufacturers located in the South.

...and when that happens, I expect a battle royale between states and the fed. That's f'n with state sovereignty right there.
05-20-2009 02:53 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
05-20-2009 03:44 PM
Advertisement

supertiger Offline
Sensible Alumnus

I Root For: Memphis TIGERS
Volkswagen is building a new plant in East Tennessee. The management team recently said, "Be glad we're stubborn Germans, we aren't letting a recession stop us."

The South has benefited greatly and will continue to benefit from Southerners willing to "outbid" Northerners. The South will continue to welcome the Asian and European automakers with open arms.

The UAW and its supporters want everyone to think that these "poor southerners" are working for minimum wage without benefits. Auto manufacturing jobs are high-paying with many benefits even in the South.
05-20-2009 05:33 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

[Image: 519314_0_512.jpg]

I like it !!!!!

It has an awesome look to it and the way it is designed, it is perfectly built for its job.

Gun Mounts, Computer is Built in, Rear Seats are the Solid Plastic secure seats, the Body Style and Emergency Lights look fantastic and are placed very well to have a 360 Degree Coverage from traffic at all angles.

No 'Roof Mounted Light Bar' will automatically add anywhere from 15 to 25 MPH to the over all speed and will add Fuel Efficiency as well.

I would like to drive one to see how well it gets up and goes down the road.

I wonder how many Police Agencies will be first to test them out.

05-20-2009 06:05 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Just what the cops need....more intimidating looking vehicles. That one has the glaring message of "control and power" about it.
05-20-2009 07:50 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(05-20-2009 07:50 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Just what the cops need....more intimidating looking vehicles. That one has the glaring message of "control and power" about it.

Yeah, we don't want to intimidate criminals. Might hurt their feelings.

BTW, I like it for its commercial potential. A car that'll run off and leave a Charger Hemi, with a 3.0 Diesel that gets 28-30 MPG and looks like a BMW? It has a ton of potential. I posted this at my conservative board and turns out, there's a certain person there that used to be married to one of the co-founders. Some of you Memphis fans that are members there probably know who I'm talking about.
05-20-2009 07:54 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

The only problem with the car that I see is that the fuel that it runs on is the most expensive fuel around at the moment. The increased milage will help though...
05-20-2009 08:37 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(05-20-2009 07:54 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(05-20-2009 07:50 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Just what the cops need....more intimidating looking vehicles. That one has the glaring message of "control and power" about it.

Yeah, we don't want to intimidate criminals. Might hurt their feelings.

BTW, I like it for its commercial potential. A car that'll run off and leave a Charger Hemi, with a 3.0 Diesel that gets 28-30 MPG and looks like a BMW? It has a ton of potential. I posted this at my conservative board and turns out, there's a certain person there that used to be married to one of the co-founders. Some of you Memphis fans that are members there probably know who I'm talking about.

Yeah...looks like a fancy cash register to me.04-cheers
05-20-2009 08:47 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
My first impression is that it looks eerily like it's made out of LEGOs. One of the things that would concern me if I were an investor is Obama's new fuel efficiency standards. At the very time that the major manufacturers are going belly up, it seems like an entry barrier to a startup like this that is entering a niche market. Maybe they'll have to make a smaller version of the Carbon superstructure powered by Briggs and Stratton in order to satisfy the government regulators.
05-20-2009 09:42 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
It gets damn good gas mileage, 28-30, just not what the Kenyan Ken Doll demands. Funny, this brings me back to the ending of GM and Chrysler. The CAFE standards weren't placed on every single vehicle, just on the average of what a company produces. That's why you see those pieces of **** Cobalts and Cavaliers, which are only bought by f'n Avis and Hertz, when their big sellers are Silverados and Tahoes.
05-20-2009 10:40 PM
supertiger Offline
Sensible Alumnus

I Root For: Memphis TIGERS
(05-20-2009 10:40 PM)Rebel Wrote:  It gets damn good gas mileage, 28-30, just not what the Kenyan Ken Doll demands. Funny, this brings me back to the ending of GM and Chrysler. The CAFE standards weren't placed on every single vehicle, just on the average of what a company produces. That's why you see those pieces of **** Cobalts and Cavaliers, which are only bought by f'n Avis and Hertz, when their big sellers are Silverados and Tahoes.

I saw a medium-duty commercial truck International today. It was pretty neat to see hybrid technology being used in a commercial vehicles.

The Europeans and Asians have advanced diesel engines that can get 40+ mpg. The only problem is the ultra-low emission levels the US government demands. The automakers have said that it is almost impossible to build a car that's both cleaner and more efficient.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2009 11:03 PM by supertiger.)
05-20-2009 11:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.