Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Latest fossil find
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Latest fossil find
http://www.yahoo.com/s/1073868

Any paleontologists out there? Seems like fossil hunters continue to find pieces of the evolutionary puzzle (granted, most are still missing). The original discoverer secretly held onto this fossil for over 20 years!
05-19-2009 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Latest fossil find
Vox Day has a great thread going on this.
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2009/05/falsification.html

Frankly it has "scam" written all over it. But even if it's real, what's the big whoop? They found a lemur w/ monkey-like skeletal features. Uh, ok. They've been finding new species of animals all over the world. If you're an adamant evolutionist, this offers nothing to validate your point. If you're looking for research dollars, it's a good headline.

Of course, so were these

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/Hoaxi...iff_Giant/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa...n17189091/
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2009 07:05 PM by DrTorch.)
05-19-2009 05:23 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Anybody remember the Pilt Down man?
05-19-2009 06:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I thought you were talking about this fossil

[Image: nancy-pelosi-scary.jpg]

05-stirthepot
05-19-2009 07:45 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
fossils can never prove macro-evolution, they need DNA evidence to prove it.

not that they care about the science side of it
05-19-2009 08:59 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I've always been an evolution guy. Not to the point where I think that apes and men come from a common ancestor, but I do believe that species do adapt and change over time according to travel over environments. This fossil just doesn't prove anything important to me.
05-19-2009 10:19 PM
Advertisement

jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
I'm trying to figure out where exactly these fantastic claims come from. The actual published paper (linked in the article) is much more modest in its goals. I only skimmed the majority of it, but it appears the authors were much more excited about having a nearly complete, well preserved fossil than its possible place in the human evolutionary tree.
05-19-2009 10:24 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
[Image: missinglink.gif]
05-20-2009 08:47 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Sorry fellows, but if this is some of you guys long lost missing link cousin, you gotz one UUUgly Family Tree to be ashamed of.

I can see the Resemblance to RobertN and RockyMtSpottedFeverTick though, ESPECIALLY the "Empty Skull" .... so who knows.

Claim this dude as your ancestor all you want, as for me, he and I have nothing in common other than we both lived on this Earth for a short time. (if he's not a hoax)

The only "Missing Link" to this deal, is the Missing Link from the Scientist Brain Pan to the rest of his Body that is surely not Rooted in Reality if he believes this to be the Direct Pre Evolutionary Off-Shoot of Cro Magnon Man.

At best, this looks only to be just a different Chimp Type Primate that doesn't appear too awfully advanced as far as Superior Primates go.

Super long tail to facilitate hanging from tree limbs for extended periods.

Seemingly very strong leg bones derived from long powerful leaps from tree to tree and limb to limb and strong for high and fast vertical climbing.

Long Spindly Phalanges with an oddly positioned opposed Thumb Like Appendage on both Hands & Feet, that appears was used to tightly grip tree branches with great strength.

Still was Slump Shouldered with Drawn In Chest Cavity that is extremely small thereby suggesting low lung volume and capacity.

Seems quite a ways from walking Upright in any fashion or walking Upright for extended periods unsupported by the Arms holding on to something overhead.

Large Facial and Jaw area with a very very small Brain Cavity. Not a bombshell for a candidate to the "Primate Mensa Association".

Where is the "Big Deal" ??? I guess I am 'Missing the Missing Link' ... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Am I the only one who sees this ???

I mean "Great Find" if it is for 'Real' even, but that is all it is worth from where I am sitting.

Darwin will just have to stay lying on his back in his grave since there is no reason for him to 'Turn Over' on this fossils account.

[Image: 090519-missing-link-found_big.jpg]

05-20-2009 04:35 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Quote:All of which renders the press release touting a "revolutionary scientific find that will change everything" absolutely true — as long as by "everything," you mean "whether the branch of the primate family that includes monkeys, apes and humans comes from the suborder strepsirrhinae or the suborder haplorrhinae," according to the PLoS One paper. And by "change," you mean "adds information that may or may not help settle the question, but whose implications won't be known for a long time in any case."
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...57,00.html
05-21-2009 07:55 PM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
The Earth is flat.
05-22-2009 02:03 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(05-22-2009 02:03 PM)Artifice Wrote:  The Earth is flat.

Well yeah, the Earth is Flat ..... that is until you get to the Horizon ....

What does that have to do with some Long Tailed Monkey with Spindly Fingers and Toes, that is so evidently a Common Small Tree Dwelling Primate, that is it asininely insane to try and prop this thing us as Darwin's Missing Link between Humans and Apes.

Well it is Asininely Insane anyway since Humans have ALWAYS been Humans and APES have ALWAYS been Apes and there is NO Missing Link ... just a bunch of Missing Brain Cells in people who believe themselves to be the Lower Chain Descendants of Apes ...

I mean April 1st was either Last Month or is Next Year depending on if you are an Optimist or a Pessimist ....

So these Fossil Geniuses are either a Little Late or a Lot Early with this stunt.

I guess Hitler is turning over in his grave having to hear Germans are "Ground Zero Monkey People" instead of the Super Race .... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

05-22-2009 03:57 PM
GRPunk Offline
Beer Evangelist

I Root For: WMU

Beer nearly exits nose. 03-lmfao
05-22-2009 10:18 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(05-19-2009 05:23 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Vox Day has a great thread going on this.

Frankly it has "scam" written all over it. But even if it's real, what's the big whoop? They found a lemur w/ monkey-like skeletal features. Uh, ok. They've been finding new species of animals all over the world. If you're an adamant evolutionist, this offers nothing to validate your point. If you're looking for research dollars, it's a good headline.

Of course, so were these

You are a very sad example for a human. Obviously you are Creationist.
05-23-2009 12:15 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-19-2009 08:59 PM)GGniner Wrote:  fossils can never prove macro-evolution, they need DNA evidence to prove it.

not that they care about the science side of it
Funny that you say that THEY don't care about the science side of it when you believe Creationism IS scientifically based.
05-23-2009 12:18 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(05-22-2009 03:57 PM)Tripster Wrote:  

What does that have to do with some Long Tailed Monkey with Spindly Fingers and Toes, that is so evidently a Common Small Tree Dwelling Primate, that is it asininely insane to try and prop this thing us as Darwin's Missing Link between Humans and Apes.

Well it is Asininely Insane anyway since Humans have ALWAYS been Humans and APES have ALWAYS been Apes and there is NO Missing Link ... just a bunch of Missing Brain Cells in people who believe themselves to be the Lower Chain Descendants of Apes ...

I mean April 1st was either Last Month or is Next Year depending on if you are an Optimist or a Pessimist ....

So these Fossil Geniuses are either a Little Late or a Lot Early with this stunt.

I guess Hitler is turning over in his grave having to hear Germans are "Ground Zero Monkey People" instead of the Super Race .... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Yep. We all know that your God created the world. 01-wingedeagle
05-23-2009 12:26 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(05-23-2009 12:26 PM)RobertN Wrote:  Yep. We all know that your God created the world. 01-wingedeagle

Robert, in your case my good man, I absolutely agree with Darwin that this Ape is your Extremely Close Kin. Your "Twin" I would have to surmise.

Quote:Robert said: We all know that your God created the world.

Boy 'Nothing Slips By You' does it ?? 03-cloud9

Toot Toot Robs ....

05-23-2009 07:40 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(05-22-2009 03:57 PM)Tripster Wrote:  

The fossil is supposed to be a link between primates and other mammals, not between humans and other primates.

And where is the proof that humans have always been humans and apes have always been apes?
05-25-2009 07:34 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(05-19-2009 05:23 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  Vox Day has a great thread going on this.

Of course, so were these

Is it your opinion that no fossils can provide any evidence for evolution?
05-25-2009 07:47 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(05-19-2009 10:19 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I've always been an evolution guy. Not to the point where I think that apes and men come from a common ancestor, but I do believe that species do adapt and change over time according to travel over environments. This fossil just doesn't prove anything important to me.

Did you happen to watch the Series Conclusion of BattleStar Galactica?
05-25-2009 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.