Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Navy Seals. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
West Is the Best Offline
All American

I Root For: C-USA
Navy Seals. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Taking out three guys with head shots at night with both ships pitching!

Don't know how they did it. But a big thanks.
04-13-2009 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
RE: Navy Seals. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
PIECE OF CAKE (for them anyway), 85 FEET OFF THE FANTAIL. Seals can shoot the eye out of a bird at 50 yards flying. Remember these guys are trained killers. One Shot, One Kill.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2009 08:33 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
04-13-2009 08:32 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

They are the "Best of the Best" and the training is just simply awesome.

Our "Special Forces" are the most elite and finest Soldiers on planet Earth hands down.

It is the Civilian Authority over them that causes us to hold back or even lose battles in war.

This is the very reason I fear the U.S. Military being loosed onto our City Streets as Police and heck, I was a Soldier too.

They deserve more Admiration and Respect than the Government will allow us to give to them that is for sure.

04-13-2009 09:13 PM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
Obama showed leadership in authorizing an action that could have backfired without resorting to grandstanding and idiot sloganeering like the last administration.

Who can forget " I want him dead or alive" then it becomes "I'm not that concerned about him and don't know where he is", "if you're not with us your against us". All the damned blowviating and sabre rattling with no results and Bin Laden still at large.

Now that the military has taken decisive action, the pirates now know that at least their next attempt at commandeering a US vessel will be at their peril, no ransom paid here!
04-13-2009 09:18 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-13-2009 09:18 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  Obama showed leadership in authorizing an action that could have backfired without resorting to grandstanding and idiot sloganeering like the last administration.

Who can forget " I want him dead or alive" then it becomes "I'm not that concerned about him and don't know where he is", "if you're not with us your against us". All the damned blowviating and sabre rattling with no results and Bin Laden still at large.

Now that the military has taken decisive action, the pirates now know that at least their next attempt at commandeering a US vessel will be at their peril, no ransom paid here!

FK YOU! The last administration DID what needed to be done. Obama did nothing but tell the CPT to do what he does best.

Don't bring your Bush hatred here, you stupid ****. Let me know when Obama does something hard like do what NEEDS to be done.....like start attacking the GDamn ports of these douchebags.

F'n leftists, can't live with'em, can't kill'em......yet.
04-13-2009 09:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I'm on the side of giving Obama props for his handling of this. I don't like much that he has done, but fairness says give him props for this.
04-13-2009 09:39 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(04-13-2009 09:18 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  Obama showed leadership in authorizing an action that could have backfired without resorting to grandstanding and idiot sloganeering like the last administration.

You have the Total Wrong Idea about the Special Forces or Spec Op's of the United States Military.

Every one of them I have ever had the Utmost Pleasure to serve with have been the most Restrained, Professional, and Gentlemanly Soldiers you could imagine.

These guys have Nothing To Prove by being "Grand Standers" and they merely and humbly "Do Their Jobs" and get almost ZERO Thanks for it.

If you want to see Grand Standing, look for the Cheeriest FNG and this is the Clown that usually John Waynes it up until he gets some OJT under his belt or his ass whipped for acting a fool.

I have never worked with Green Beret or Ranger Units, Groups, or Teams that were not the most Honed and Disciplined Troops I have ever seen and it was an honor to be associated with them.

A 'Held Salute' to these "Real Fighting Men" ..... 04-rock

04-13-2009 09:58 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-13-2009 09:39 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I'm on the side of giving Obama props for his handling of this. I don't like much that he has done, but fairness says give him props for this.

No problem. However, saying it makes him courageous is VERY disingenuous. This is what ANY president should do. This is NOW, however, some tough decision that takes nights and nights of preparation to make a decision.
04-13-2009 10:01 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
BTW, this problem STILL exists. Lemme know when Obama starts REALLY addressing the issue....then I'll give him props. If he starts bombing ports, I'll give him props. It needs to happen. Since coming back from Somalia, I've thought those dirtbags need to be put in their place. They're too ballsy for their own good and, since we tried to FEED them, while being FIRED upon, ......fuckem.
04-13-2009 10:03 PM
BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!
Back to the main point of the thread ...

Mad props to the Seals! If a writer had scripted that for a movie, surely someone would have said, "but, realistically, how could they nail three people with three shots with both ships pitching on the open sea?"

incredible.
04-14-2009 07:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-13-2009 10:01 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(04-13-2009 09:39 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I'm on the side of giving Obama props for his handling of this. I don't like much that he has done, but fairness says give him props for this.

No problem. However, saying it makes him courageous is VERY disingenuous. This is what ANY president should do. This is NOW, however, some tough decision that takes nights and nights of preparation to make a decision.

I'm not applauding his courage.
But I am applauding his good sense to let the on-scene commander run the show. Courage would have been if it goes badly, take the heat.
Letting the on-scene commander run the show is something that his 8 or 10 immediate predecessors have had a hard time doing. I remember talking with the CO of the ship that went in and got the Mayaguez back, and he said, "In the middle of the operation, we're talking to the white house on Hicom, 'My rudder is right, Mr. President.'" That kind of micromanagement is out of place.
Taking the heat if things go badly is something else that previous administrations have had a hard time with. Don't know whether this one will turn out any better on that yet.
04-14-2009 07:48 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I was wondering was there something special about the 82 feet of tow line rope. Is that a distance you train at?????
04-14-2009 07:49 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-14-2009 07:49 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I was wondering was there something special about the 82 feet of tow line rope. Is that a distance you train at?????

Not that I'm aware of. Nor can I imagine why that would be relevant. It simply was what it was. And these guys are trained to take what shot they can get.

And as I'm sure you noticed, they're pretty d*mn good.
04-14-2009 07:58 AM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
These guys are training at a lot more than 82 feet. 25 yards is hand gun range.

Still quite impressive to get three head shots in those conditions with the pressure on.
04-14-2009 08:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Oh, the sniping? I thought he was talking about a standard tow link for a ship to tow another. Snipers, SEALS, and other military members train at well beyond 82'. Hell, Army rifle qualification has from 50M targets to 300M targets, all pop-up. The more specialized are training well over 500M. Anyone attending sniper school is well beyond that. GySgt Carlos Hathcock took out a guy at over 2200M with a Browning M2 .50 Cal with a Unertyl scope. It was the record until a Rob Furlong and his Canadian sniper team broke it at over 2400M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Furlong

There were two challenges here. One is the motion of the ocean. Two was getting off 3 simultaneous shots with that motion. That was impressive as hell. I would hope anyone could hit a steady target on land at 82 feet.
04-14-2009 08:34 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
I for one, don't think Obama did anything special. All props go to the snipers, and crews of all ships involved.
04-14-2009 09:39 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-14-2009 09:39 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  I for one, don't think Obama did anything special. All props go to the snipers, and crews of all ships involved.

MSNBC is reporting that Obama was one of the snipers and tagged one of the pirates .2 nanoseconds before the other two SEALs.
04-14-2009 09:55 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(04-14-2009 09:55 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(04-14-2009 09:39 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  I for one, don't think Obama did anything special. All props go to the snipers, and crews of all ships involved.

MSNBC is reporting that Obama was one of the snipers and tagged one of the pirates .2 nanoseconds before the other two SEALs.

They corrected themselves. Obama killed all three........with one shot.
04-14-2009 10:13 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
HE descended from the heavens.
04-14-2009 10:29 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(04-14-2009 08:34 AM)Rebel Wrote:  There were two challenges here. One is the motion of the ocean. Two was getting off 3 simultaneous shots with that motion. That was impressive as hell. I would hope anyone could hit a steady target on land at 82 feet.

That's why I own a shotgun.
04-14-2009 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.