04-07-2009 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Better crank up the air conditioners
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/lat...0946.shtml

Do these idiots even read the weather channel? I was cold as hell here this morning and it's supposed to drop to 31 tonight.

Yesterday I saw a funny headline, "Chicago blanketed by 4 inches of global warming". (Snow)
04-07-2009 10:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply
chip90 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cmu
(04-07-2009 10:12 AM)Rebel Wrote:  http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/lat...0946.shtml

Do these idiots even read the weather channel? I was cold as hell here this morning and it's supposed to drop to 31 tonight.

Yesterday I saw a funny headline, "Chicago blanketed by 4 inches of global warming". (Snow)

Here in Michigan, we just got 8 inches of snow! 03-hissyfit
04-07-2009 10:16 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
God is getting the last laugh on this
04-07-2009 10:21 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
I’m sure its just a coincidence that this type of garbage comes out just when the US Congress starts considering "Cap and Trade” legislation…

:muttering:
04-07-2009 10:24 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Read the article, it's all "projections" by "top" "climate scientists" (sorry for the extensive use of "").

Seriously, nothing in this cites the tiniest shred of empirical evidence. It's all, "What's your gut say on this, Sven?"

This is identical to Mel Kiper Jr's picks. In Oct did Dickie V predict UNC over MSU?

But, the headline and general tone of the article makes it seem like ominous, undeniable scientific evidence.
04-07-2009 10:32 AM
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
Sure the Artic Ocean is free of ice.....

USS Annapolis at the North Pole 2 weeks ago..

[Image: web_090321-N-8273J-240.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2009 11:34 AM by WoodlandsOwl.)
04-07-2009 11:32 AM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls
Neat picture, but I think it has been summer Arctic sea ice that has been the focus of recent concerns.
04-07-2009 11:42 AM
DrTorch Offline

(04-07-2009 10:12 AM)Rebel Wrote:  http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/lat...0946.shtml

Yeah, it's spring break here. I look outside and all the kids are playing, bundled in coats and hoods.

According to the masses, if it was warmer than when they were kids, it proves global warming. It's now colder than when I was a kid, ergo global cooling is proven. We're saved!
04-07-2009 12:54 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(04-07-2009 11:32 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Sure the Artic Ocean is free of ice.....

USS Annapolis at the North Pole 2 weeks ago..

[Image: web_090321-N-8273J-240.jpg]

Yeah, but see .....

They only had to break thru 10' 8" of ice instead of the normal 10' 8.0000000000001" of ice ....

So GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL BY THAT STANDARD !!!!!!!

After all, Bill O'Reilly says it's so, then it MUST BE TRUE !!!!

04-07-2009 05:38 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

Do idiots like you even know the difference between weather and climate. Oh wait. You just proved you don't know the difference so it is obvious idiots like you don't know the difference.
04-08-2009 04:06 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(04-07-2009 10:24 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  I’m sure its just a coincidence that this type of garbage comes out just when the US Congress starts considering "Cap and Trade” legislation…

As big of one as when the oil companies shove millions of dollars into the pockets of "scientists" that go on to claim there is no global warming.
04-08-2009 04:08 AM
Tripster Offline

(04-08-2009 04:06 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Do idiots like you even know the difference between weather and climate. Oh wait. You just proved you don't know the difference so it is obvious idiots like you don't know the difference.

Let's see here ........

Weather is the "Real Time Happening" of the Earth's storms, droughts, floods, rains, snow, blizzards, freezes, heatwaves, etc etc etc ....

Climate is a Measurement of Sustained WEATHER !!!!!! WOW he says !!!!!!!

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/noaa-n...ather.html

04-08-2009 06:25 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(04-08-2009 04:06 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

Do idiots like you even know the difference between weather and climate. Oh wait. You just proved you don't know the difference so it is obvious idiots like you don't know the difference.

Oh hell no. Don't give me that "climate" change ****. You guys said "global warming".

Make up your collective f'n minds. You can't change the vernacular to better suit your argument. ...of which you have none. Hell, I believe in climate change. EVERYONE believes in climate change. It's the reason there are ancient seabeds in the Sahara and the reason the top half of the US was covered in ice at one point in time.
04-08-2009 07:50 AM
Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline

(04-08-2009 04:08 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(04-07-2009 10:24 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  I’m sure its just a coincidence that this type of garbage comes out just when the US Congress starts considering "Cap and Trade” legislation…

As big of one as when the oil companies shove millions of dollars into the pockets of "scientists" that go on to claim there is no global warming.

Ok, so when did this happen?

You keep making these claims Robert...I want to see some evidence to demonstrate they're facts. That's the part you never really do. That's why your ideas are routinely considered stupid.
04-08-2009 07:51 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-08-2009 07:51 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  
You keep making these claims Robert...I want to see some evidence to demonstrate they're facts. That's the part you never really do. That's why your ideas are routinely considered stupid.

Good question.
But Robert's not into facts. Not his thing.
04-08-2009 07:53 AM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(04-08-2009 07:50 AM)Rebel Wrote:  Make up your collective f'n minds. You can't change the vernacular to better suit your argument. ...of which you have none. Hell, I believe in climate change. EVERYONE believes in climate change. It's the reason there are ancient seabeds in the Sahara

I'd be very interested in having you explain how that's related to climate change. It's something akin to claiming that the Tsunami in December 2004 was related to global warming/climate change (or worse, god's punishment for wearing bikinis).
04-08-2009 09:09 AM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls
(04-08-2009 07:51 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  

Quote:WASHINGTON, DC, Jan. 3–A new report from the Union of Concerned Scientists offers the most comprehensive documentation to date of how ExxonMobil has adopted the tobacco industry's disinformation tactics, as well as some of the same organizations and personnel, to cloud the scientific understanding of climate change and delay action on the issue. According to the report, ExxonMobil has funneled nearly $16 million between 1998 and 2005 to a network of 43 advocacy organizations that seek to confuse the public on global warming science.

http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documents/g...report.pdf
04-08-2009 11:04 AM
DrTorch Offline

(04-08-2009 11:04 AM)At Ease Wrote:  
Quote:WASHINGTON, DC, Jan. 3–A new report from the Union of Concerned Scientists offers the most comprehensive documentation to date of how ExxonMobil has adopted the tobacco industry's disinformation tactics, as well as some of the same organizations and personnel, to cloud the scientific understanding of climate change and delay action on the issue. According to the report, ExxonMobil has funneled nearly $16 million between 1998 and 2005 to a network of 43 advocacy organizations that seek to confuse the public on global warming science.

http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documents/g...report.pdf

Did you actually read it? The UCS continues to embarass themselves. They are also the ones that said missile defense couldn't work.
04-08-2009 11:46 AM
Tripster Offline

Why do we keep beating each other up on this one ????

I believe most of us agree that the Earth goes thru "Cyclic Changes" that include Weather, Climate (since Libs want to separate Weather and Climate now), Volcanic/Tectonic Activity, Floods/Drought, Snow/Lack of Snow, and on and on.

The Earth is not being affected by our menial puttering upon her in the gross way Al Gore and the Real Tinfoil Troop are screaming it is.

There is evidence that the Earth knows best how to deal with her issues and does what she is supposed to do to tend to what problems or lack there of, exist.

There is not one single thing we Humans can do that will even put a blemish on the Earth, yet because we sprayed a lot of Hair Spray during the Disco Era, we have fraught the Earth and Universe unto a Hellish Doom filled with all sorts of Frighting Calamities and Disasters.

And you Libs believe this crap lock, stock, and barrel when you can't see Obama is the ruination of all you know ?????

And if the Earth is getting hotter, it is because it must become that way to make the means to an end .... it is that simple.

We didn't Cause It and we sure as Hell Can't Even Slow It Down, so why do we do this ????

Kyoto and Carbon Credits are so humorous, that anyone with any sort of logical thought, will have to burst out into uncontrollable laughter at the mere mention of how it will "Stop the Catastrophe and Save the Universe". (First - where is the Catastrophe ???)

Do we need to be cleaner and more responsible with our gifts ... YES ... but to believe we have made this happen in our short pathetic history, is for a return episode of the Twilight Zone .....

04-08-2009 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.