Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Projection
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Projection
Honk if you are Hateful!

Quote:In an op-ed in last Sunday’s Los Angeles Times, I teasingly challenged liberals to—gasp!—actually listen to Rush Limbaugh with an open mind. The reaction was predictable, but no less hilarious for that. Email after email practically boiling with viciousness, foul language and hate, accused Limbaugh—and me—of being vicious, foul-mouthed and hateful. Don’t these people own mirrors? I mean, don’t they ever look at their reflections and think, “Wait… Limbaugh does a radio show about public figures and ideas… Klavan writes an op-ed in a newspaper… then I send a personal email full of four-letter words, ad hominem attacks and vitriol… Oh, hey, I get it… the real shmuck here… is me!!!”

Okay, I’m not holding my breath. But the left’s ability to act hatefully while in the very act of accusing the right of hatefulness does point to yet another of the many ways the media skew our political discourse. In the mainstream media—the left’s media, I mean—the standard for what is hateful is completely different for the right and left.

Jon Stewart shouts the F-word on air at Governor Sarah Palin, oh, what a witty fellow he is, how outrageous, how puckishly he bends the rules!

Rush Limbaugh hopes Barack Obama’s attempt to destroy our free market system fails—honk! he’s hateful.

Bill Maher’s film insipidly insults easily targeted religious people, he’s “brilliant,” says Variety, “incendiary.”

Ann Coulter points out the fact that fatherless children are the source of most of the nation’s crime, suicide and child behavioral disorders—honk! She’s mean to single mothers. How hateful.

Hollywood makes fictional movies accusing our soldiers of being rapists, murderers and fools even while they’re in the field defending us– hurrah, it’s awards time!

Geert Wilders makes a short documentary on the actual murderous acts inspired by actual passages in the Koran. You guessed it—honk!—he’s hateful.

Leftists have always confused their good intentions with actual virtue. The tyranny allowed to spread by left wing appeasement, the neighborhoods and families destroyed by their corrupt welfare programs, the millions of lives snuffed out by environmentalist hysteria—these don’t show up on their moral scorecards because they meant so very well. Indeed, so swathed are they in the warm glow of their purposes, any question about the actual results of their actions strikes them as shockingly cruel. A mere rough joke, an outrageous remark, the least untoward language from a conservative—and they reel back, appalled by the display of pure meanness.

What can you do? A conservative must either walk on eggshells or tell the truth loud and proud. You choose.
:pwnt:
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2009 12:26 PM by GGniner.)
04-03-2009 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Projection
I wish Schedenfreud was here to read this. These sorts of facts used to drive him nuts.
04-03-2009 12:22 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Projection
libs use to dominate the board, remember the smartest guy in the room: OUGWave? partly why I liked this for a sports themed board, that some interesting points of view...funny how they've ran away since the messiah took over.

I had a hunch, given the timing of Alan Colmes leaving Hannity & Colmes, had something to do with knowing he'd be held into account nightly for most of the positions the left took over the last 8 yrs, and the complete 180 they are doing on so many issues, and he didn't want to have to deal with it.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2009 12:29 PM by GGniner.)
04-03-2009 12:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.