Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UN backs new new global currency reserve: THE ONE WORLD ORDER
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
UN backs new new global currency reserve: THE ONE WORLD ORDER
The objective is to control our growth and economy.

UN backs new new global currency reserve

A UNITED Nations panel of economists has proposed a new global currency reserve that would take over the US dollar-based system used for decades by international banks.
The proposal follows the controversial call by China's central bank governor, Zhou Xiaochuan, to create a new world currency reserve to replace the greenback as part of an overhaul of global finance.

China and many developing countries blame the global crisis on US mishandling of over-extended mortgage loans and investments in them.

With the US also borrowing trillions of dollars, it risks hyperinflation, which would considerably weaken the dollar.

An independently administered reserve currency could operate without conflicts posed by the US dollar and keep commodity prices more stable.

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,...62,00.html
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2009 12:01 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
03-31-2009 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: UN backs new new global currency reserve: THE ONE WORLD ORDER
Several months ago, probably a year, I wrote that the two events that I thought would be the death blows to the US economy would be the collapse of the "Big 3" automakers and the movement by OPEC from the dollar to another currency (I had the Euro in mind). Albeit in different form than I had imagined, both could be on the verge of happening.

If and when they do, it truly will be time to stick a fork in us.
03-31-2009 12:37 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(03-31-2009 12:37 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Several months ago, probably a year, I wrote that the two events that I thought would be the death blows to the US economy would be the collapse of the "Big 3" automakers and the movement by OPEC from the dollar to another currency (I had the Euro in mind). Albeit in different form than I had imagined, both could be on the verge of happening.

I guess I'm more concerned w/ the meta-issues. The Fed Gov't owning business, determining wages, tighter restrictions on production.

The economic churn has happened before, but it's a whole other thing to destroy the tools you need to build an economy.
03-31-2009 12:50 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-31-2009 12:37 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Several months ago, probably a year, I wrote that the two events that I thought would be the death blows to the US economy would be the collapse of the "Big 3" automakers and the movement by OPEC from the dollar to another currency (I had the Euro in mind). Albeit in different form than I had imagined, both could be on the verge of happening.

What? You have to let the "Big 3" go. THey are just dinosaurs and don't make good cars. Besides, it won't help Alabama as much if the "Big 3" are still around. Alabama afterall is the most important state in the union.
03-31-2009 12:53 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(03-31-2009 12:53 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

What? You have to let the "Big 3" go. THey are just dinosaurs and don't make good cars. Besides, it won't help Alabama as much if the "Big 3" are still around. Alabama afterall is the most important state in the union.

Damn right.
03-31-2009 02:20 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(03-31-2009 12:53 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Are you on Ritalin?
03-31-2009 02:31 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Oh I think the Big 3 have to go. And the UAW with them.

But it's going to be a big psychological blow when it happens. As will the shift away from the dollar.

They are things that need to happen. The fact that they need to happen is proof how far we've fallen. This is going to keep getting worse, and it may never ever get any better.

Enjoy what you have right now, because there's no reason to believe things will ever be better for you than they are right now.
03-31-2009 03:14 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(03-31-2009 03:14 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Oh I think the Big 3 have to go. And the UAW with them.

But it's going to be a big psychological blow when it happens. As will the shift away from the dollar.

They are things that need to happen. The fact that they need to happen is proof how far we've fallen.

I don't understand how those two are connected.

Peter Drucker identified this need for the auto industry 25 years ago. I'm not sure how it means we've fallen.
03-31-2009 03:34 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2009 03:34 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(03-31-2009 03:14 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Oh I think the Big 3 have to go. And the UAW with them.
They are things that need to happen. The fact that they need to happen is proof how far we've fallen.
I don't understand how those two are connected.
Peter Drucker identified this need for the auto industry 25 years ago. I'm not sure how it means we've fallen.

The connection is more psychological than real. But when it comes to the economy, psychology sometimes is reality.
03-31-2009 03:52 PM
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl

They are things that need to happen. The fact that they need to happen is proof how far we've fallen. This is going to keep getting worse, and it may never ever get any better.

Enjoy what you have right now, because there's no reason to believe things will ever be better for you than they are right now.

If there is a tremendous loss of confidence, then your prediction of 'no safe Democrat seat in Congress in 2010' will come true.

If we can make it to January 1, 2011 we can recover.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2009 08:19 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
03-31-2009 08:17 PM
GRPunk Offline
Beer Evangelist

I Root For: WMU
So about 3 million job losses are alright if it brings the neocons back into office?
04-03-2009 08:21 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Make that currency backed by some "value" and I'll gladly stop using our fiat currency. We made our bed...now be ready to die in it!05-stirthepot
04-03-2009 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.