Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The DVD's don't work in Britain
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
The DVD's don't work in Britain
how utterly embarrassing, the 25 DVD's Obama bought the British, are as expected: Region 1, which is NTSC, Region 2 is PAL format.

uh, the United Kingdom takes Region 2.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi...No-10.html

Quote:The films only worked in DVD players made in North America and the words "wrong region" came up on his screen. Although he mournfully had to put the popcorn away, he is unlikely to jeopardise the special relationship – or "special partnership", as we are now supposed to call it – by registering a complaint.

A Downing Street spokesman said he was "confident" that any gift Obama gave Brown would have been "well thought through," but referred me to the White House for assistance on the "technical aspects".

A White House spokesman sniggered when I put the story to him and he was still looking into the matter when my deadline came last night.

By the way, when Obama's unlikely gift was disclosed, a reader emailed me to ask if Clueless was among the films. Funnily enough, it was not.

Brown, on the other hand, presented a rather more thoughtful gift to the American President in the form of a penholder carved from the timbers of an anti-slavery ship. The sister ship, in fact, of the one that was broken up and turned into the desk in the Oval Office.

bush is dumb, he embarasses the nation and slaps our closest Ally in the face and can only read his teleprompter, even if its obviously saying the wrong thing while meeting with the Ireland leader.......oh wait.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2009 04:16 PM by GGniner.)
03-19-2009 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: The DVD's don't work in Britain
(03-19-2009 04:07 PM)GGniner Wrote:  bush is dumb, he embarasses the nation and slaps our closest Ally in the face and can only read his teleprompter, even if its obviously saying the wrong thing while meeting with the Ireland leader.......oh wait.

Wow, we're living "King Ralph".

Obama should have just given him Wizards tickets.
03-19-2009 04:16 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Obama should have given the PM a bootleg copy of DVD Region Free. This way he could have copied protected DVDs and watched them on any DVD player in the world. http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm
03-19-2009 04:19 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
yep, sure plenty of bootlegs sold on the streets in chicago near Rev. Wrights church.

question is: Was this them being dumb or calculating slap in the face to our closest ally we share so much with?

His Teleprompter worked in germany so he could atleast get the right Electrical current version of a Teleprompter
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2009 04:29 PM by GGniner.)
03-19-2009 04:23 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(03-19-2009 04:07 PM)GGniner Wrote:  bush is dumb, he embarasses the nation and slaps our closest Ally in the face and can only read his teleprompter, even if its obviously saying the wrong thing while meeting with the Ireland leader.......oh wait.

It was the Irish PM that read the wrong speech. But, which is more pathetic - that Obama gave the DVDs to Brown or that the Brits didn't toss the DVDs in the trash before they got on the plane back to the UK. Of course, the format incompatibility is a bit of cultural insensitivity that the British entourage probably picked up immediately that the administration was oblivious to.
03-20-2009 01:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.