Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm proud to be "Un-American"
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
I'm proud to be "Un-American"
01-wingedeagle F***ing Pelosi.. and there is a video of her saying it on the link. Apparently she didn't have a problem kicking in Elian Gonzalez's door in the middle of the night and deporting him.

EXCLUSIVE: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

Click here for more video from FOX News.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

Referring to work site enforcement actions by ICE agents, Pelosi said, "We have to have a change in policy and practice and again ... I can't say enough, the raids must end. The raids must end.

"You are special people. You're here on a Saturday night to take responsibility for our country's future. That makes you very, very patriotic."

"I was embarrassed by what she said," said Rick Oltman, with Californians for Population Stabilization, an anti-illegal immigrant group. "Exhorting illegal aliens for taking responsibility for our country's future.... In fact, sitting there in the audience.... I really resented that comment."

"I think it was pandering to the crowd but also insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/...-american/
03-19-2009 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: I'm proud to be "Un-American"
Any criminal, whatever the crime, arrested at work, on the street, or at home, is responsible for "tearing our marriages, families and children apart", not the enforcement agencies. Any politician standing against America is un-American. Well, in Nancy's case that's a given.
03-19-2009 09:09 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
I saw this also, But the Media, except for Fox News, yawned. I hate this B!TCH, and everything she stands for. She is showing her true colors. San Fransisco values.
03-19-2009 09:12 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
the MSM can't cover this as long as they are Partsian dems, which they are. The Democrat coalition would fall apart if it got exposed for what it is, which is why I wonder how the Internet age will treat them.
03-19-2009 09:14 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(03-19-2009 09:09 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Any criminal, whatever the crime, arrested at work, on the street, or at home, is responsible for "tearing our marriages, families and children apart", not the enforcement agencies. Any politician standing against America is un-American. Well, in Nancy's case that's a given.

I was thinking the same thing. Let's free the gang banging murders because they tear apart families while they're in jail.

Another way to look at this is when an illegal decides to leave Mexico or what ever country he's from he's initiating the break up when he leaves his family behind.
03-19-2009 10:10 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Don't question my patriotism! Or something like that.
03-19-2009 10:24 AM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
this is begging for someone to take the lyrics to "Proud to be American" and re-writing with "un-american", followed with a funny video for youtube.

Fight the absurd, with absurd sarcasm, Pharisee is a dirty word to this day thanks to Jesus doing this, now we just call them lawyers.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2009 11:23 AM by GGniner.)
03-19-2009 11:23 AM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only
(03-19-2009 11:23 AM)GGniner Wrote:  this is begging for someone to take the lyrics to "Proud to be American" and re-writing with "un-american", followed with a funny video for youtube.

Fight the absurd, with absurd sarcasm, Pharisee is a dirty word to this day thanks to Jesus doing this, now we just call them lawyers.

YEAH YOU RIGHT !!!!!! (but add Retarded Politicians to the list)

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

03-19-2009 12:02 PM
Tripster Offline

OH MAN !!!!!

I can see the song now ..... I'll kick it off:

Picture a backdrop of the Rio Grande and a bunch of Illegals coming across - - the song is now playing to the thrashing of little illegal legs pushing thru the harsh waters of the Rio Grande - -

'I'm proud to be unAmerican 'cause I know I can set them free"
"I won't forget all who died so they can all be me"
"Take us home oh Nancy and drive these buses there"
"For we are gonna file 'em with Illegals and drop them everywhere"

Then it shows a "Robed Man" who approaches the camera and we see what appears to be Jesus Christ walking on the Rio Grande ....

And the singer stops crooning long enough to say: "Hi Mr. President, glad you could join along" to the Robed Man 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

OK - - there is someones start .... 04-rock

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2009 12:13 PM by Tripster.)
03-19-2009 12:11 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
this is a job for Iowahawk to take on.
03-19-2009 01:07 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-19-2009 10:24 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Don't question my patriotism! Or something like that.
Why not? The right has questioned mine for 8 years now we can't question yours?
03-19-2009 01:24 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-19-2009 12:11 PM)Tripster Wrote:  .

OH MAN !!!!!

I can see the song now ..... I'll kick it off:

Picture a backdrop of the Rio Grande and a bunch of Illegals coming across - - the song is now playing to the thrashing of little illegal legs pushing thru the harsh waters of the Rio Grande - -

'I'm proud to be unAmerican 'cause I know I can set them free"
"I won't forget all who died so they can all be me"
"Take us home oh Nancy and drive these buses there"
"For we are gonna file 'em with Illegals and drop them everywhere"

Then it shows a "Robed Man" who approaches the camera and we see what appears to be Jesus Christ walking on the Rio Grande ....

And the singer stops crooning long enough to say: "Hi Mr. President, glad you could join along" to the Robed Man 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

OK - - there is someones start .... 04-rock

I am confused by you guys. You HATE illegal immigration yet you LOVE lower pay for workers which gives corporations more profits. One would think you would be FOR MORE illegal immigration.
03-19-2009 01:32 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Those workers can work for our corporations but they have to do it in their overseas sweatshops./sarcasm
03-19-2009 01:37 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(03-19-2009 01:32 PM)RobertN Wrote:  I am confused.

Yup.
03-19-2009 02:31 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(03-19-2009 08:54 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

I have some faces for you

http://www.google.com/search?q=fatal+acc...tartPage=1

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=c...ce&spell=1

BTW, Pelosi got her political upbringing in Baltimore. Anyone else ever been to Baltimore? Is that really what we want the country modeled after?
03-19-2009 02:43 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(03-19-2009 09:09 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Any criminal, whatever the crime, arrested at work, on the street, or at home, is responsible for "tearing our marriages, families and children apart", not the enforcement agencies. Any politician standing against America is un-American. Well, in Nancy's case that's a given.

I agree with your statement if in regard to crimes that involve violence,theft or fraud..but..most arrests in the US involve crimes that have no victim. I'm sorry without a victim...there is no crime only just some arbitrary rule that some bureaucrat came up with.

In the case of illegal travelers...I would concede that fraud is involved so arrest is perfectly fine.

I would rather see an end to the welfare state that acts as the incentive for travelers to stay in the US. This would be a much more cost effective way to combat this problem. Then the cops could spend more time solving and preventing violent crime.
03-19-2009 04:24 PM
Advertisement

Tripster Offline

(03-19-2009 04:24 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

I agree with your statement if in regard to crimes that involve violence,theft or fraud..but..
most arrests in the US involve crimes that have no victim.
I'm sorry without a victim...there is no crime only just some arbitrary rule that some bureaucrat came up with.

Sorry old fe fi Fo fum, but I have some experience in this field and NO, most arrest are not accomplished out of Victimless Crimes.

What exactly do you consider a "Victimless Crime" ?? Because these types of crimes are very few and far between .... if you mean Traffic Violations, you have to parse out Traffic Accidents where there may not be another vehicle involved or Pedestrian, but there may be a ton of Private Property, that has been destroyed by a high speed auto crash that some property owner is now in debt for repairing. "Victim".

When you list out all the "So-Called Victimless Crimes" and you begin listing all the Sub-Things/Categories that are part of that crime, that either directly or inadvertently affect Other People, then the Victimless Crime Category dwindles down to 'nil'.

And I am not trying to be difficult ... I just have some water under the bridge in this area.

Most laws are based mostly on "Keeping the Peace" and that is anything from Loud Music in an Auto to Home Invasion/Murder .... almost anything you do 'can' violate the Public Peace ... even speeding noisy vehicles that get a Speeding Ticket may be the result of a Citizen phoning in complaints regarding speeding vehicles in front of their homes. So there is a Victim here as well.

Very rare to have a true "Victimless Crime" and be caught doing it - - most of those are done behind closed doors or Should Be done there. And still, if we are talking grabbing a couple of Left Handers and heading home, the clown you just bought them from may be a Violent Felon that you are helping to keep on the streets with monetary support ... could be a bunch of "Victims By Proxy" on that one too.

03-19-2009 06:36 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
I'm sorry...If I am arrested for speeding...there is no victim. It is simply arbitrary enforcement of a statute. I have no problem with arresting those that are "driving dangerously" such as driving under the influence ..but..56 in a 55 is not dangerous driving and yet it is by statute a violation.

By the FBIs own stats for 2007..There were aprox 600,000 arrests for violent crimes in the US. Conversely...there were 775,000 arrests for simple possession of cannabis. Again...a crime that has no victim.
In addition...Nationwide there were just over 2million arrests for violent+property crimes and 1.65 million arrests for cannabis related charges.

The disturbing part of the drug war is that cannabis arrests fuel the police state. It is undeniable...and here again are the FBI stats. In 2007 there were just over 1,800,000 drug arrests in the US...1,600,000 for cannabis related charges. That leaves aprox. 200,000 arrests that involve what most of us call dangerous drugs. This disparity suggests that the focus is NOT on dangerous drugs but cannabis. Hey...busting a pothead for a nickle bag is much less dangerous than going after Meth and Coke producers.

Just imagine how much money is generated by arrests and prosecution of simple possession for cannabis in the US....I could not give a figure..but..It does not take an accountant to understand that this is simply a case of "ringing the cash register" for the state and the police bureaucracy.

Legalize cannabis. Give officers more time to concentrate on arrests and prevention of real crimes of violence,theft and fraud.

Trip...I urge you to goto: LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) and research what many former officers are saying about the war on drugs.
03-19-2009 07:44 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl

I agree with your statement if in regard to crimes that involve violence,theft or fraud..but..most arrests in the US involve crimes that have no victim. I'm sorry without a victim...there is no crime only just some arbitrary rule that some bureaucrat came up with.

In the case of illegal travelers...I would concede that fraud is involved so arrest is perfectly fine.

I would rather see an end to the welfare state that acts as the incentive for travelers to stay in the US. This would be a much more cost effective way to combat this problem. Then the cops could spend more time solving and preventing violent crime.

Forget it... today in California Obama brought up his plans for "Comprehensive Immigration Reform"... which means that Illegal Aliens in the US would be just a few administrative steps away from obtaining all the Welfare State goodies they have now, plus obtaining direct financial assistance.

Talk about blowing the Hell out of the budget.
03-19-2009 08:29 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(03-19-2009 08:29 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  

Forget it... today in California Obama brought up his plans for "Comprehensive Immigration Reform"... which means that Illegal Aliens in the US would be just a few administrative steps away from obtaining all the Welfare State goodies they have now, plus obtaining direct financial assistance.

Talk about blowing the Hell out of the budget.

Travelers already have unrestricted access to health care here in NC. The health departments can not by law even ask if they are legal...So..The get almost free care in the clinics. The fee is based on the ability to pay.
03-19-2009 09:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.