Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Correct me if I"m wrong
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Correct me if I"m wrong
but isn't less regulation the exact opposite of what the left has been asking for...and exactly what the right has been asking for?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_o...all_street

Quote:Major stock indicators shot up about 3 percent after a policy-setting body for the accounting industry said it would make a long-awaited recommendation to Congress about easing financial reporting rules for beleaguered banks in three weeks.

That's not to say that these recommendations are good or bad (I haven't a clue)
03-12-2009 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Correct me if I"m wrong
I think the purpose of easing the reporting rules is to lessen the burden and "stigma" of these unknown assets. This isn't really about regulation... It's almost about hiding the truth because the truth is so difficult for most people to understand that they panic.
03-12-2009 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.