Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Great News For Cuse--Bad News For You All
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Great News For Cuse--Bad News For You All
All Big East Tackle Art Jones coming back for his senior season. His little brother Chandler will be a 6'6" 285 lbs RFr in the Fall. I'm sure this helped him to stay along with his draft analysis. Coach Marrone was going to call a few NFL GMs to get an assessment. Art should be a preseason All Big East and get some AA mentions.

http://www.suathletics.com/News/Football...h=football

BTW, it has been confirmed that Syracuse will be converting to a no huddle offense with spread formation principles. Doesn't look they convert to it 100% yet until he is sure he has the players.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 01:59 PM by TexanMark.)
12-23-2008 01:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Great News For Cuse--Bad News For You All
I'm tremblin' in my boots... 03-lmfao
12-23-2008 02:01 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(12-23-2008 02:01 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I'm tremblin' in my boots... 03-lmfao

You should be after almost losing at Morgantown with clueless Gerg coaching the Orange. I may also add that you will have the same qb that almost lost in Morgantown. Plus, you guys are coming to the Dome, and Stewart will still be your coach. You should be trembling in your boots for any game in the BE next year.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 02:20 PM by cuseroc.)
12-23-2008 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Not really. I think Jarrett Brown is more suited to the type of offense Mullens espouses. WVU will be just fine. If you have any doubts, just wait until next November... 04-cheers
12-23-2008 02:23 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
that's great...now if they can just find another 60 some players that are good you guys will be all set!!!
12-23-2008 02:29 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Running a no-huddle with Dantley as your QB? Did he even complete half of his pass attempts??? 01-wingedeagle Good luck...your better off just handing the ball to Brinkley.
12-23-2008 02:45 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(12-23-2008 02:45 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Running a no-huddle with Dantley as your QB? Did he even complete half of his pass attempts??? 01-wingedeagle Good luck...your better off just handing the ball to Brinkley.

Who said it will be Dantley? We have a Frosh who ran the spread on the Scout team all fall.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 03:21 PM by TexanMark.)
12-23-2008 02:54 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

(12-23-2008 02:54 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Who said it will be Dantley? We have a Frosh who ran the spread on the Scout team all fall.

Oh, that is much more promising...a soph QB from the scout team 04-jawdrop
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 05:08 PM by UCbball21.)
12-23-2008 05:07 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
-- So is the a Hawaii or Florida type of spread?

(12-23-2008 02:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

You should be after almost losing at Morgantown with clueless Gerg coaching the Orange. I may also add that you will have the same qb that almost lost in Morgantown. Plus, you guys are coming to the Dome, and Stewart will still be your coach. You should be trembling in your boots for any game in the BE next year.

-- Where did Stewart get the reputation as being a fool? Maybe its because I watched multiple WVU games this past year, but I think he did a pretty good job getting that much out of his players. Last year, I would guess WVU had 5 players on offense that defense's had to prep for and this year I would say that had two with both being in the backfield. That combined with putting in a new offensive system and replacing nine defensive starters...And that's not mentioning he and his staff putting together what is probably the best recruiting class (on paper) in WVU history....I think winning nine games would be pretty good considering

Jackson
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 05:31 PM by Jackson1011.)
12-23-2008 05:29 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I guess Syracuse wants to jump right from ultimate futility to ultimate success, without the intervening climb up the ladder. Don't you just love optomism...
12-23-2008 06:06 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-23-2008 05:07 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  
(12-23-2008 02:54 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Who said it will be Dantley? We have a Frosh who ran the spread on the Scout team all fall.

People seem to be forgetting that we won the Big East title with a 3rd string Junior QB from, essentially, the scout team. People are also forgetting that our current run of success started with a horrible Bearcats team that went 4-8 and only won 2 Big East conference games. The Bearcats followed that up with 8 wins, a 4th place finish, and a bowl game and win.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 07:15 PM by CatsClaw.)
12-23-2008 07:13 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(12-23-2008 05:29 PM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  -- So is the a Hawaii or Florida type of spread?

(12-23-2008 02:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

-- Where did Stewart get the reputation as being a fool? Maybe its because I watched multiple WVU games this past year, but I think he did a pretty good job getting that much out of his players. Last year, I would guess WVU had 5 players on offense that defense's had to prep for and this year I would say that had two with both being in the backfield. That combined with putting in a new offensive system and replacing nine defensive starters...And that's not mentioning he and his staff putting together what is probably the best recruiting class (on paper) in WVU history....I think winning nine games would be pretty good considering

Jackson

No one called Stewart a fool in this thread, not even alluded to it. But he does seem to be doing a similar job as Kragthorpe, underacheiving with championship caliber talent. We cant really draw conclusions after only one season, but the next season should make it a little more clear.
12-23-2008 11:35 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(12-23-2008 06:06 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I guess Syracuse wants to jump right from ultimate futility to ultimate success, without the intervening climb up the ladder. Don't you just love optomism...

There will be some growing pains for sure, but there is reason for us to be optimistic for the future. We have a new coach who cant possibly be worse than Gerg, at least I hope its not possible. There is some talent on this team that has not been developed by the previous coaching staff.

A good coach should be able to come up with game plans, offensive and defensive schemes that fit the players, and not be set on running a system just because thats all that you know, which was what Gerg did. If this coach is all that everyone is saying he is, I think he should be able to win 5 maybe 6 games next season with the present talent.
12-23-2008 11:44 PM
irishfan83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cincinnati
I just can't see syracuse winning 6 games next year, wins against rutgers and Louisville are possible and one or two ooc games and thats about it.
12-24-2008 12:38 AM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-24-2008 12:38 AM)irishfan83 Wrote:  I just can't see syracuse winning 6 games next year, wins against rutgers and Louisville are possible and one or two ooc games and thats about it.

That would be enough.
12-24-2008 06:40 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(12-23-2008 05:07 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  

Actually the kid (Nassib) will be a RFr...he was redshirted on purpose. Reports were he did a great job running the spread formation (simulating opponents) on the scout team. Remember our recruiting classes have been decent--the turnaround in this league can be quick.
12-24-2008 09:14 AM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(12-24-2008 12:38 AM)irishfan83 Wrote:  I just can't see syracuse winning 6 games next year, wins against rutgers and Louisville are possible and one or two ooc games and thats about it.

Of course you can't you're a NotreDame/Cinci fan. Guess what? all Big East WR Mike Williams is also coming back on campus. As you remember he was kicked out of school for the fall semester. He was just readmitted. He'll be a RSoph.

Ofcourse we play a tough schedule but 8 games will be at home next season. I think 6 wins is a legit guess.
12-24-2008 09:19 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(12-23-2008 11:44 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(12-23-2008 06:06 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I guess Syracuse wants to jump right from ultimate futility to ultimate success, without the intervening climb up the ladder. Don't you just love optomism...
There will be some growing pains for sure, but there is reason for us to be optimistic for the future. We have a new coach who cant possibly be worse than Gerg, at least I hope its not possible. There is some talent on this team that has not been developed by the previous coaching staff.

A good coach should be able to come up with game plans, offensive and defensive schemes that fit the players, and not be set on running a system just because thats all that you know, which was what Gerg did. If this coach is all that everyone is saying he is, I think he should be able to win 5 maybe 6 games next season with the present talent.
I agree that optomism is the order of the day in Syracuse. Anything is better than what's been available up to now...
12-24-2008 11:28 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Good to hear Art's returning! The more good players in the BE, the better.

But... Tex... bad news for us all? 01-wingedeagle If I'm a SU fan, I'd be excited about the way the season ended, and optimistic about a new coach. But, at the same time, I'd keep it in check 03-nerner

That said, anyone who gets UC, and it's almost completely turned over defense, early, has a chance. Better outscore us though, because the O will be hard to stop.
12-24-2008 11:39 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU's defense will be strong next year. Most of this year's D is freshmen and sophomores, and MLB Reed Williams will be back next year too.

The Mountaineer offense should be improved. I think the offense will work more efficiently in year 2 under Mullens. We'll find out before OOC play concludes...

The BEast is going to be wide open next season. It should be fun... 04-cheers
12-24-2008 11:49 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.