Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Russian speculates on "Breakup of United States"
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Russian speculates on "Breakup of United States"
[Image: 112508map.jpg]

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; 03-lmfao the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." 03-lmfao Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashrur.htm

Packup the bags and sell the house honey... we are moving back to Texas!!! 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2008 06:09 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
11-25-2008 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Russian speculates on "Breakup of United States"
Crap. It looks like I'm gonna have to learn to speak Chinese and use an abacus.
11-25-2008 06:22 PM
Tripster Offline
Most Dangerous Man on a Keyboard

I Root For: The Best Only

Steve ...... LMAO

I had to Stand on My Head while spinning the photo in an Hexagonal Pattern to see that the guy wrote New "China" instead of New "Gina" ...

I was wondering what Central America Dictator's name was Gina ..... 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

And I reckon I will finally have to really learn Pure Spanish instead of "TexMex"

Oh Sam Houston, you would be proud that the "Texicans Still Ride" !!!!!

11-25-2008 07:15 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Beck's take on who will be moving where in case of a breakup...(you can also heear the audio on the link)

GLENN: I'm telling you this is exactly what we have been talking about on this program. "He cited the vulnerable political setup." The vulnerable political setup. "The lack of unified national laws." It's not unified laws. It's the unified enforcement of those laws. The divisions among the elite which have been clear in this crisis condition, he predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts. Let's see, where do we want to live. "The Pacific Coast with its growing Chinese population." No, the Pacific Coast, I'd like that but not if Chinese, the Chinese population, I mean, not if it's being influenced by China. No, I can't live in California. "The south with its Hispanics." Oh, well, I didn't know you had Hispanics in the South. The South also has Disney World. I'm pulling for the South. "Texas where independence movements are on the rise." Gee, over in Russia they understand the independence movements that are happening in Texas. Have you heard that on any -- Stu, have you heard this from any other person in America, about the independence movement in Texas?

STU: No, you're an exclusive secession source. Congratulations.

GLENN: I'm just wondering how the guy overseas, over in Russia picked this up. The Atlantic coast with its distinct and separate mentality." You can have the Atlantic coast. "Five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations and the northern states where the influence from Canada is strong. He even suggested that we could..." this is Russians speaking. "We could claim Alaska. It was only granted on lease, after all." He is a professor of the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He's authored several books on information warfare.

So okay, so we have New China would be the West, we have New Canada which would be the North, we would have the center of the country would be Poor Indiantown, I think. Is that what he's -- that's basically what he was -- then you'd have Texas all by itself. Then you'd have around Texas but not all the way to New China, or all the way east to the Distinct Mentality Coast, you'd have New Hispanicville, all right? So your questions are New China -- where do you want to live? New China, New Canada, Poor Indiantown, New Hispanicville, Distinct Mentality Coast or Texas? I'm going for Texas.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/article...198/18592/
11-25-2008 09:04 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
WMD Owl Wrote:[Image: 112508map.jpg]

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.
03-no It ain't gonna happen ... NEVER ... EVER ! ! !

This dude's been drinkin' too much Vodka ! :drunk2:
11-25-2008 10:30 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

If this Russian knew anything about the USA he'd already know that Mexico has been in the process of taking us over for years.

BTW, once China takes over California will gay marriages be recognized?
11-25-2008 10:35 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
His imaginary lines look as valid as the ones we have today...but...What would make him think that we would draw new imaginary lines?....I would applaud the breakup of the USA as long as those new imaginary plots of land don't use the same failed centrally controlled system we currently have. I guess coming from one of the most centrally controlled states in history makes it hard for this gentlemen to grasp something more voluntary in nature...Breaking up and just "Revolving" accomplishes nothing but to bring us back to where we are.....Breaking up and "Evolving" regardless of its perils...takes us forward. 05-stirthepot
11-25-2008 11:11 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
smn1256 Wrote:If this Russian knew anything about the USA he'd already know that Mexico has been in the process of taking us over for years.

BTW, once China takes over California will gay marriages be recognized?

Mexico is more dangerous than the terrorists?....$hit...Id better stock up on masa, avocados,and tomatillos!
11-25-2008 11:16 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
In Russia when it collapsed, the Russian Mafia took over because they were better organized, the x-KGB led the way. Anything goes when capitalism is in a state of collapse. Whoever organizes the black market in the US will stand to own it. Greed got us here, and greed will be the organizing principal of the future, here as is the case around the world.

Subject: THE COUNTRY OF TEXAS

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union. (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)

We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election. We'll miss you too.
Here is what can happen:

#1: Barack Hussein Obama becomes President of the United States, Texas immediately secedes from the Union.

#2: George W. Bush will become the President of the Republic of Texas.

So what=2 0does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. We will control the space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The=2 0list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States.
8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT (University of North Texas), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask th em to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warm ing, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.

Signed, The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!
One Nation Under God
11-26-2008 12:01 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
SumOfAllFears Wrote:In Russia when it collapsed, the Russian Mafia took over because they were better organized, the x-KGB led the way. Anything goes when capitalism is in a state of collapse. Whoever organizes the black market in the US will stand to own it. Greed got us here, and greed will be the organizing principal of the future, here as is the case around the world.

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union. (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)

We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election. We'll miss you too.
Here is what can happen:

#1: Barack Hussein Obama becomes President of the United States, Texas immediately secedes from the Union.

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The=2 0list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States.
8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT (University of North Texas), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask th em to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warm ing, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!

One Nation Under God

Yep..Texas is a whole another country!03-lmfao
11-26-2008 12:05 AM
Tripster Offline

OH HECK NO YOU WON'T MISS ME SUM !!!!!!!

I am only 200 miles from the Texas Border and can be there in under 3 Hours (2 hours if the Troopers leave me alone).

I will be your Well Armed Neighbor my Long Time Friend ....

Just think how rich all us Texicans will be once we start Hording those Oil Wells and all that thick creamy oil.

Be seeing ya SUM ..... 04-cheers 04-bow :ncaabbs:

11-26-2008 12:22 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
You guys can laugh all you want to but seriously with all the money that we are spending, the only way out maybe to divide the nation and create individual currency. I could see a considerable part of America being fed up with the ridiculous bailouts, and saying that we refuse to pay for it. I don't which part of the country, but some southern region could break away.
11-26-2008 01:45 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
SumOfAllFears Wrote:In Russia when it collapsed, the Russian Mafia took over because they were better organized, the x-KGB led the way. Anything goes when capitalism is in a state of collapse. Whoever organizes the black market in the US will stand to own it. Greed got us here, and greed will be the organizing principal of the future, here as is the case around the world.

Here is what can happen:

One Nation Under God
I like it. I would love to see that hell hole go on its own. Between the pollution, the religous right and the heat, it won't be missed. However, I actually see the south rising again. just like y'all want.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2008 03:42 AM by RobertN.)
11-26-2008 03:39 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
If Dubya became president of the Republic, it would fail too. I'd vote for Bill White instead.

Here is what can happen:

One Nation Under God
11-26-2008 07:42 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
Fort Bend Owl Wrote:If Dubya became president of the Republic, it would fail too. I'd vote for Bill White instead.

Here is what can happen:

One Nation Under God

RON PAUL for president of Texas!!!!03-lmfao
11-26-2008 11:02 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

RobertN Wrote:I like it. I would love to see that hell hole go on its own. Between the pollution, the religous right and the heat, it won't be missed. However, I actually see the south rising again. just like y'all want.

Rob, I've traveled and lived all across this country and, by far, Texas has the best looking women in the country. And unlike the bleach blondes with silicone meat bags that live out by me in California, the gals in Texas have some smarts.

Unless Texas agrees to export women I think they stay in the union and suffer like the rest of us (Sorry Sum)
11-26-2008 09:21 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
smn1256 Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:I like it. I would love to see that hell hole go on its own. Between the pollution, the religous right and the heat, it won't be missed. However, I actually see the south rising again. just like y'all want.

Rob, I've traveled and lived all across this country and, by far, Texas has the best looking women in the country. And unlike the bleach blondes with silicone meat bags that live out by me in California, the gals in Texas have some smarts.

Unless Texas agrees to export women I think they stay in the union and suffer like the rest of us (Sorry Sum)

General Johnson and I would disagree.....03-lmfao

Carolina Girls..Carolina Girls..Best in the world...Carolina Girls...You're so fine girl, you're one of a kind girl....sweet Carolina girl!!!

When you get tired of those silly chicks in Cali...come to Myrtle Beach SC. and shag on the strand with the the Carolina Girls!!03-lmfao
11-26-2008 09:49 PM
RockyMtnRamfan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Colorado State
The slimmest and healthiest state, Colorado has the snow bunnies. Dibs.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2008 03:43 AM by RockyMtnRamfan.)
11-27-2008 03:41 AM
Tripster Offline

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT take this Reply Wrong ... it is not meant to Tout Slavery, Racism, or Bigotry .... have an Open Mind Enough to Hear What I Really Mean:

I honestly wish the South (Confederacy) had won the Civil War (1861-1865).

I wish we were a Sovereign Country that Abolished Slavery before the End of the Civil War.

With Texas probably a Country on its own and the Southern States a Country of Their Own .... we would be one Powerful Nation, with Oil, Farming, Cattle, Sugar, Salt, Sulfur, Cotton, and scores of other Resources. (heck Tyson Chicken has farms all over the place here)

We had the Better Army, One of the Greatest Military Minds to ever Fight a War (Robert E. Lee), we had the Best Equipment and Weapons, we just did not have the Money to sustain the effort any longer.

One nasty and super intense battle pretty much turned the Tide against the Confederacy and we spiraled downward after that and the Blockades during this time of Fiscal Problems is what won the War for the Union.

Any Honest and True Historian will totally agree.

So if we had just won the Civil War and stopped the ugly practice of Slavery Post Haste, we would not be seeing this Welfare State Caused Bankrupting of Our Nation or this Goofy Map the Russian says will be the Near Future North American Continent.

But the RobertN's of he world will say it is all Because President Bush, well, .... errrrr .... well, .... ahhhh ..... was President.

It is OK RobertN .... you and your Paycheck will Save us all because of all the Income Tax you pay ...... THANK YOU CRIMzEN …. Errr …. I mean RobertN !!!!!!! 04-rock

11-27-2008 12:06 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Tripster Wrote:So if we had just won the Civil War and stopped the ugly practice of Slavery Post Haste, we would not be seeing this Welfare State Caused Bankrupting of Our Nation or this Goofy Map the Russian says will be the Near Future North American Continent.
Do you think that there is any way the southern states would have voluntarily abolished slavery (in the short term) absent the Civil War? From what I remember, the abolitionist movement was headquartered in the North. Was there a stong abolitionist movement in the South as well?

I'm not sure why you think the welfare state wouldn't have emerged in the South. The same pressures & incentives which led to gradual creation of the welfare state in the united country still would have been present. What would have made the difference?
11-27-2008 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.