Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Ben Mauk denied for real this time ... we think
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Ben Mauk denied for real this time ... we think
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008 04:55 PM by bitcruncher.)
08-27-2008 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Ben Mauk denied for real this time ... we think
No, the NCAA went through this procedure so that Mauk can talk to them personally. Apparently, he won't be allowed to talk to them until he is denied again (following the lawsuit). Why the NCAA wouldn't just talk to him personally to begin with, like they promised him, is anybody's guess.
08-27-2008 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Who knows? At this rate, by the time this is all settled the season will be over, which is probably just what they are waiting for...
08-27-2008 07:10 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I think you're right bit, which is a shame. The NCAA should have just talked to him at the start and if they denied him he would be denied, and there wouldn't be much else to happen. Instead they're dragging this out. On a side note, this year should be interesting for UC. Grutza came in as a pretty decently touted QB who played in a spread offense. He was a Mauk-type player before Dantonio turned him into more a slow down QB who just protects the ball and hands it off in order to rest the defense (kind of like the Baltimore Ravens do with their QBs). Now, in this spread offense Grutza could blossom. He's a tough QB, as the Big East saw two years ago (every bit as tough as Mauk). He is a much better scrambler then Mauk though. I think Grutza will surprise the country now that he will be able to be loose and play his game in the spread offense.
08-27-2008 08:02 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
CatsClaw Wrote:No, the NCAA went through this procedure so that Mauk can talk to them personally. Apparently, he won't be allowed to talk to them until he is denied again (following the lawsuit). Why the NCAA wouldn't just talk to him personally to begin with, like they promised him, is anybody's guess.

He gets his 10 minutes tomorrow with the reinstatement committee.
08-27-2008 08:38 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
subflea Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:No, the NCAA went through this procedure so that Mauk can talk to them personally. Apparently, he won't be allowed to talk to them until he is denied again (following the lawsuit). Why the NCAA wouldn't just talk to him personally to begin with, like they promised him, is anybody's guess.

He gets his 10 minutes tomorrow with the reinstatement committee.

Talking about the 11th hour damn.... I wish him the best regardless of the outcome.

Question for Bearcat fans. If he gets reinstated does he have enough practice time in to play in the first game.
08-27-2008 09:07 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

You know, I'm not nearly as concerned about the QB position as I was before. If you had asked me a few weeks ago I would have been very concerned. But, after hearing things about Grutza, and then remembering this about him (like the fact that he was a very good spread offense QB who put up very strong numbers) and the fact that he's experienced, I think Cincinnati could have as good, if not a better, year then last year. Especially since we have more depth on defense and, on paper, a stronger running game then last year.
08-27-2008 09:12 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

CatsClaw Wrote:On a side note, this year should be interesting for UC. Grutza came in as a pretty decently touted QB who played in a spread offense. He was a Mauk-type player before Dantonio turned him into more a slow down QB who just protects the ball and hands it off in order to rest the defense (kind of like the Baltimore Ravens do with their QBs). Now, in this spread offense Grutza could blossom. He's a tough QB, as the Big East saw two years ago (every bit as tough as Mauk). He is a much better scrambler then Mauk though. I think Grutza will surprise the country now that he will be able to be loose and play his game in the spread offense.
I think you're right there, CC. Kelly is an offensive coach, and he is good at developing QBs. I think UC will be fine with Grutza. I don't know if they can beat Oklahoma with him. He may be a little unsteady early. But we'll see shortly.

Luck... 04-cheers
08-27-2008 09:14 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Last time I saw pic of Mauk he looked about 15 pounds overweight and I know Grutza, Anderson, Jones, and Pike got the snaps during fall camp. I really don't see him playing for a while IF he wins.
08-27-2008 09:53 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Does it matter now. The season is starting. By the time this is over, it will be too late for Mauk, which is exactly what the NCAA wants. Like I said, procrastinate long enough and no decision is neccessary... 03-banghead

I'm still surprised Pat Leibig got an extra year. But he didn't play any the years he missed, so that must have been the kicker... :coffee2:
08-28-2008 06:19 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Bearcats#1 Wrote:Last time I saw pic of Mauk he looked about 15 pounds overweight and I know Grutza, Anderson, Jones, and Pike got the snaps during fall camp. I really don't see him playing for a while IF he wins.

Mauk won't play for some time if he is reinstated.
08-28-2008 10:17 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.