Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
USF had a HUGE day in recruiting...
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
USF had a HUGE day in recruiting...
Word leaking out of Tampa is that 6 highly sought after players commited to USF today.

Hot D@mn!

Names to come...but there are 3 & 4 star recruits galore!

The BigEast is kicking some @$$ this year on the recruiting trail!
06-21-2008 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: USF had a HUGE day in recruiting...
As I said before we will give Rutgers amd WV a run for their money this year in recruiting. With these new batch USF more 4 star players than ever before. And more are on the way.
06-21-2008 11:03 PM
UCF_Cardinals Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Congrats. Green and Dixon are a good get. And also Dixon's teammate, did you all recruit him as a QB?
06-22-2008 01:22 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Anyone have a list of the players who committed?

Jackson
06-22-2008 06:41 AM
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
RU has a great class so far
06-22-2008 07:42 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Jackson, you'll see it on rivals and scout in a day or two, if you don't mind the wait. It's amazing what the Bulls have done in such a short time. They've definitely profited from the membership in The BEast.

Ain't it wonderful what hard work, BCS affiliation, and a good bit of TV exposure can do for a program. 04-rock
06-22-2008 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
No he was recruited as an athlete. USF is after a couple of other guys at QB both are four stars at Rivals and are making visits later this summer.
James Green- WR- 4 stars
Ricardo Dixon CB- 3 star
Victor Marc -ath- 3 stars

The other three have only been released by scouts premium board so Ill wait until thats released but they are a DE,LB and another WR.
That will give USF 11 verbals so far and more highly ranked than ever before
06-22-2008 09:04 AM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
Wow Cuban Bull you were right I was not expecting that....Congratulations excellent classes all around btw RU also picked up a four star safety today.
06-22-2008 10:34 AM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
the commits happened after our football camp which was a huge success it was sponsored by under armor and at raymond james at night with both jumbotrons constantly playing usf highlights. i'm not getting too excited because it's a long way from signing day but if we can get a commitment in the next couple of weeks from a certain highly rated florida qb it will put our recruiting on overdrive heading into the season.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2008 12:20 PM by USFMike.)
06-22-2008 12:12 PM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
USFMike Wrote:the commits happened after our football camp which was a huge success it was sponsored by under armor and at raymond james at night with both jumbotrons constantly playing usf highlights. i'm not getting too excited because it's a long way from signing day but if we can get a commitment in the next couple of weeks from a certain highly rated florida qb it will put our recruiting on overdrive heading into the season.

I'm assuming that "certain highly rated florida qb" you are hoping to get is Eugene Smith. And yes, that would be a sensational get for the Bulls.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Neil
06-22-2008 01:26 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Ok so since the names of the six recruits is out now on the Tampa Tribune site, here they go

James Green- WR- 4 stars
Ricardo Dixon CB- 3 star
Victor Marc -ath- 3 stars
Demi Thompson DE- 3 stars
Tyrone wiliams- LB
Leon Woods- WR

Army
We have been doing ok in basketball lately also getting
Teeng Akol 6'10 200 3 star PF
Augustus Gilchrist 6'10 235 4 star PF transfered from VTech/maryland
Eladio Espinosa 6'7 210 3 star PF
Alex Rivas-Sanchez 6'10 230 Juco C
Gene Teague 6'8 295 PF
Dwan McMillan 6'0 PG
Gaby Belardo 6'3 SG
06-22-2008 04:56 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
USFMike Wrote:the commits happened after our football camp which was a huge success it was sponsored by under armor and at raymond james at night with both jumbotrons constantly playing usf highlights. i'm not getting too excited because it's a long way from signing day but if we can get a commitment in the next couple of weeks from a certain highly rated florida qb it will put our recruiting on overdrive heading into the season.

02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana

I am very happy to see my other hometown team getting it done on the recruiting front.
06-22-2008 05:02 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
omnicarrier Wrote:

I'm assuming that "certain highly rated florida qb" you are hoping to get is Eugene Smith. And yes, that would be a sensational get for the Bulls.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Neil

you are correct we got a 4 star type qb last year with bj daniels, but getting smith would be huge perception wise for the program in florida and could open the flood gates, we're also the leader for his top receiver stedman bailey. counting both sites i think we're up to 4 4 star recruits. which is not including rodney scott, who was at last night's camp, and is a very heavy lean despite what auburn says or difton who decommitted but could still wind up back at usf.
06-22-2008 05:19 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
USF is getting even "bigger time" in football. I sure would like to see some good basketball recruits come your way.
06-22-2008 06:20 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
interesting take on leon wood from the florida high school coaches pretty safe to say he'll be at least a 3 star after all is said and done.

FlaVarsity

"A big, strong athlete who catches in traffic, has blazing speed and knows how to read defenses. IMO, and having watched some of the best perform in the state, he is a top 10 WR...I talked to a pair of major college coaches about him and they felt that with all things included, he may turn out to be one of the top 3-4 in this class."

"Anthony Leon Woods has got to be in the top five receivers in FL. He's 6'3", 185lbs, 4.45(Laser), 35 vert., First team All County, Third Team All State, Offers from FSU, Kansas, Purdue, USF, UGA, IA, AUB, UL, ND, FIU, FAU, Syracuse, Alabama, Michigan, and a host of others."
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2008 07:53 PM by USFMike.)
06-22-2008 07:49 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

Record haul: It may have been raining most of the day during USF’s one-day camp Saturday, but the verbal commitments kept pouring in.

The Bulls landed six commitments, including Hallandale’s Ricardo Dixon and Victor Marc, Scout.com reported.

Dixon (5-10, 160) is ranked as the state’s fourth-best and nation’s 26th best cornerback recruit, while Marc (5-10, 200) is ranked fourth in the state and 73rd nationally among quarterback recruits by Scout.com.

‘’I know for all of it was a deal of us going to school together,’’ Dixon told the Miami Herald. “The campus blew us away. The dorms were really big. The facilities were amazing. We were feeling it.’’

Marc, also projected as a defensive back in college, chose USF because of an opportunity to play quarterback.

‘’They definitely are letting me choose my options and see what I can do at quarterback first,’’ Marc told The Miami Herald. “Other schools are just recruiting me to go there as an athlete. South Florida proved they really care about what’s important to me. I did all the workouts at quarterback in the camp. I played cornerback for a little bit. But they told me I’d get a real chance at quarterback.’’

Also committing: Lake Gibson WR Leon Woods (6-2, 185), Tallahassee Leon WR James Green (6-2, 195), Lake Mary DE Demi Thompson (6-2, 240) and Thomasville (Ga.) LB Tyrone Williams. Green is rated as the state’s eighth-best wide receiver and 61st nationally by Scout.com.

The Bulls now have 10 verbal commitments for the 2009 season.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/spo...ated/C127/
06-22-2008 08:35 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
USF just got another commit a 6'2 180 DB runs a4.35 and had offers from Ole Miss,South Carolina and Louisville'

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=4...560526#new
06-24-2008 10:12 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

The crazy part about this recruiting tear that USF has been on, is that the best is yet to come and it could happen over the next couple of weeks.
06-24-2008 10:54 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
This is all good news for the Bulls, and The BEast. As long as teams keep improving, the future will be bright indeed. 04-rock
06-25-2008 07:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.