Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tax Cuts- In a Jim Mora Playoff Rant voice
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Tax Cuts- In a Jim Mora Playoff Rant voice
Bernanke talks and the market goes down 200 points.

We need to tighten our freaking belts! We should be raising interest rates instead of lowering them. The run up in energy prices is due to our falling dollar. The run up in oil correlates with the rise in the Euro. The problem right now is money is TOO EASY. There shouldn't be a sub prime crisis. Just read the G' damn name.

It's like a chatty Kathy doll. Pull a politician's string and all you hear is a tax cut. Let's tax cut our way out of a recession. WHO cares how we pay it or if we can afford it. By this lazy and sheep dog mentality we are just delaying and exaceberating the situation.

We need politician's and VOTERS that care more about the country than legacy and partisanship.

I read where their kicking around giving 300 to 600 dollars per family to kick start the economy. Exactly what we don't need. Let's hear the rebuttal.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2008 11:18 AM by Machiavelli.)
01-17-2008 11:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

RE: Tax Cuts- In a Jim Mora Playoff Rant voice
01-17-2008 11:55 AM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Machiavelli Wrote:I read where their kicking around giving 300 to 600 dollars per family to kick start the economy. Exactly what we don't need. Let's hear the rebuttal.

Money multiplier....
01-17-2008 12:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
Machiavelli Wrote:Bernanke talks and the market goes down 200 points.

We need to tighten our freaking belts! We should be raising interest rates instead of lowering them. The run up in energy prices is due to our falling dollar. The run up in oil correlates with the rise in the Euro. The problem right now is money is TOO EASY. There shouldn't be a sub prime crisis. Just read the G' damn name.

It's like a chatty Kathy doll. Pull a politician's string and all you hear is a tax cut. Let's tax cut our way out of a recession. WHO cares how we pay it or if we can afford it. By this lazy and sheep dog mentality we are just delaying and exaceberating the situation.

We need politician's and VOTERS that care more about the country than legacy and partisanship.

I read where their kicking around giving 300 to 600 dollars per family to kick start the economy. Exactly what we don't need. Let's hear the rebuttal.
Speak for yourself. I can use that $300-600. If you get yours and don't want it PM me and I will be willing to take your share.
01-17-2008 06:25 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RobertN Wrote:
Machiavelli Wrote:Bernanke talks and the market goes down 200 points.

Speak for yourself. I can use that $300-600. If you get yours and don't want it PM me and I will be willing to take your share.

Short term kickbacks don't spur the economy, and neither does giving someone money for nothing.
01-17-2008 07:18 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
You wanna spur the economy? DRASTICALLY cut federal spending so we no longer have to print money out of thin air and borrow $4,000,000,000/day, most of which comes from China. Pay down the deficit. Loosen regulation. Get out of NAFTA/CAFTA/WTO/GATT. Stop penalizing the independent worker on insurance. Stop the Income Tax. If you can't replace it with nothing, opt instead for a consumption/user fee based tax system. End Sarbanes-Oxley. Get serious on Illegal Immigration and reduce the massive burden on our hospitals, welfare system, and education system. Fundamentally reform Social Security and Medicare ... we cannot afford these obligations, especially with baby boomers starting to become eligible for them. Bare minimum repeal the drug coverage within medicare. Allow people to buy drugs from different countries. Stop spending nearly $1,000,000,000,000/year on our empire overseas. Bare minimum it's time to come home from places like Korea (50,000+) and Germany (75,000+). Let's defend our borders here at home with that manpower instead, and save a crapload of money in the process. STOP FOREIGN AID ALL COUNTRIES. PERIOD.

Do so and our jobs will start coming back from overseas. We'll have IPOs on Wall Street again. The small business will thrive once more. The tax burden will be spread fairly and the rich won't get away with lower taxation. Warren Buffett pays something like 18-25% of his total income in taxes. His secretary is around 33-38% of her total income. That's an effing joke. The dollar will stop plunging into oblivion and regain value. Inflation will come back in check again.
01-17-2008 07:35 PM
Machiavelli Offline

I don't think people grasp when they say they interjected 40 billion dollars into the financial system that they are just printing that money. It doesn't take a Buffet to understand why the dollar is free falling. How much money have they interjected in the last six months? Hell, let's give evryone a free car. An American made car! After that let's give every tax payer a 1000 dollars for the fuel! Just print more money to cover it!!!!!
01-17-2008 08:50 PM
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Merrill Lynch lost 9.8 BILLION last quarter (7.8 BILLION for 2007 annual )

M-L stock lost 10% of its value today...

Look for Merrill Lynch to be the next candidate for a foreign buy in.

Luckily US law prohibits foreign entities from having a controlling interest in US brokerages, ....otherwise M-L would be trading in its "Bull" logo for a "Camel"...
01-17-2008 09:32 PM
Machiavelli Offline

hey, my DEMOCRAT controlled congress is at least holding out on principle. They only want to give everyone 500 dollars. Bush's package gives 800 dollars to singles and 1600 to couples. What a freakin joke!

Robert, if you want 600 dollars here's three things you can do. Work Harder, Work Smarter, or Work Longer. Just have to do 1. This Republican mentality that we can just rebate and cut tax our way out of problems IS THE FREAKIN PROBLEM! 100 billion dollar band aid in a 13 trillion dollar economy. It's political pandering plain and simple. You won't here crap out of the right. I'm sure Rush's show will find a way to blame the Clinton's for this.
01-18-2008 06:59 AM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

TRAVELLING SALESMAN: Step up,,, Step right up here, sonny. Let me teach you a lesson. Here in GWB's America, we pass on our debts to our children. It's real easy. If their smart they'll just pass it on to their grand kid's.

Little Johnny: (meekly raises his hand) Isn't this an untenable situation sir? Aren't we putting our nation in economic peril that could potentially have catatrophic results. With Social Security already vastly underfunded and GWB's medicare law aren't we already making a disastrous situation even worse?

TRAVELLING SALESMAN:(gulp) Well, that's the beauty sonny. Your not paying it are you? WHO cares who's paying for it? Here's an 800 dollar rebate son. Now move along. Heh, if you don't want that 800 I'll give you my bank acct. You can send it to me........ Step right up, Step right up here!!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2008 09:33 AM by Machiavelli.)
01-18-2008 09:30 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Chirp..... Chirp...... Is that crickets????
01-18-2008 11:00 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
When will I get my 1600?
01-18-2008 11:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.