Saturday, Dec. 3
Southern at Louisiana Tech Ruston
Southern Utah at Idaho Moscow
Fresno State at Iowa State Ames
Boise State at Weber State Ogden
San Jose State at UC Irvine Irvine
Nevada at Pacific Stockton
New Mexico at New Mexico State Las Cruces

First of all, you have Lousiana Tech at Alabama. This game if, La Tech can pull out a miracle, would do wonders for the respect of the WAC. La Tech has disappointed, thus far, and would earn redemption with a victory. Next is San Jose hosting Santa Clara. These are the types of games that the WAC needs SJSU to win. They’ve all ready beaten Portland and a win here would help the WAC. Fresno St travels to Buffalo. This is a MAC team and the WAC needs to win these types of games. Fresno St is very capable of winning this game, but Buffalo has been tough recently.

Utah St at Utah. What can I say about this game. Let me put it this way, with Nevada beating UNLV, a win from Utah St would prove, hands down, that the WAC is a better BB conference this year. Without a win from Utah St, I don’t think that it can be argued with full confidence. The WAC needs to show that it is a better conference than the MWC in order to get multiple NCAA tournament bids. Note: The MWC has a higher sagarin rating than the PAC 10 right now. Maybe wins over the MWC would put the WAC higher than the PAC 10?

UTEP at NMSU. UTEP is considered one of the best C-USA after a large gap between them and Memphis. UTEP also lost to New Mexico on the road. If NMSU can win this game, it really earns respect for NMSU’s program and the WAC. NMSU has played some people tough, but hasn’t gotten the key victory they need. This is the one they need.

San Jose at Cal. We can dream here. Irvine beat Stanford at Stanford. Can SJSU do the same?

E. Washington at Idaho. E. Washington has been one of the better Big Sky teams. If Idaho wins this one, they earn some respect with me. Without a win, Idaho is looking at having a rating of 250 or below for the rest of the year, IMHO.

Nevada at Kansas. Another game that would give the WAC some respect. Nevada is very capable of winning this game. Then go and do it, PACK!

Boise St at Idaho St. This is a game that Boise St can’t lose for the sake of the WAC.

SUU at Idaho. SUU sucks and Idaho can’t lose this one for the sake of the WAC.

Fresno St at Iowa St. Another game begging for an upset. Fresno St has some kids that are capable of beating a team early in the year. Iowa St is one of the better Big 12 schools. Wouldn’t a 2-1 record against the Big 12 do wonders for the WAC with a win from Fresno St here?

Boise St at Weber St. Revenge for the Broncos. OK they lost to the dweebs in Boise and it isn’t likely to happen in Ogden.

SJSU at Irvine. Wouldn’t a win here be great?!? Irvine is a top 3 team in the Big West. If SJSU pulls off a win here, looks like one of the worst WAC teams is better than the majority of the Big West. That would prove that the WAC is, clearly, heads and shoulders above the Big West.

Nevada at Pacific. This is a game that Nevada should win. If they don’t, it will hurt, BIG TIME!

New Mexico at NMSU. NMSU is capable of winning this game. New Mexico is a good team, very good. But the Lobos aren’t the same team away from home. Let’s make it 7-1 against the MWC, New Mags!
11-27-2005 11:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

clpack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nevada

I have to give props to San Jose St for the nice 3-1 start. Portland's a mystery so far (they lost to Winthrop by 31 pts yesterday, although Winthrop is a very good team). The Spartans beat Cal Poly worse than Fresno St did, and San Diego is a real nice win. With a couple more wins out of the upcoming stretch (Santa Clara, Cal, Irvine, then Pacific), SJS could be solid.

The Yale loss is really LaTech's only true black mark so far, but it sure seems like they always play poorly in OOC games and then step it up for conference play. I hope that's not the case again, because that really damages conference ranking.

All in all, it's a good start to the season, and the future looks even brighter! GO WAC HOOPS!!!
11-28-2005 12:44 AM
ejmpalle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Utah State

Here's the WAC OOC record, thus far:

BCS:
1-3 vs. PAC 10 We need wins from Boise St @ Arizona St, Nevada @ UCLA and SJSU @ Cal to have a winning record vs PAC 10. This is probably not going to happen. My guess is that the WAC will be 2-5 or 3-4 against the PAC 10.
0-2 vs Big 12
1-0 vs Big 10
Conferences of note
1-1 vs. MWC
2-1 vs. WCC
1-0 vs. A10
vs. other Mid Majors
7-4

BCS games to be played (other than PAC 10):
La Tech @ Alabama
Nevada @ Kansas
Fresno St @ Iowa St
La Tech @ Texas Tech
Nevada vs Georgia
La Tech @ Wisconson
NMSU vs Texas Tech

This doesn't include games that could be played in tournaments. Obviously, the WAC's success vs BCS conferences relies heavily on La Tech.
11-28-2005 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.