Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great story on Fox Sports website
Bookmark and Share
BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

There is currently a terrific story on the Fox Sports website about last weekend's game between Boise State and Idaho and the point spread on that game (33 1/2 points). It accurately reflects what I went through during that game as well. 04-drinky

Check it out:

<a href='http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5105858' target='_blank'>Fox Sports website article on BSU vs. Idaho game last weekend</a>
11-23-2005 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

That was a pretty amazing game.

Idaho's a pretty good team. Once they replace kibbie with a state-of-the-art div-1a facility, they'll start winning recruiting battles and landing home-and-homes with BCS schools.

Look out for Idaho when that happens.
11-23-2005 10:42 PM
Advertisement

BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

And exactly WHEN will that take place? :D

I suppose I must have a very different perception of the U of I than you do. But I don't see Idaho being "good" any time in the future. If anything I think they will eventually (in the next five years) be forced back to Division I-AA. The reason I write that is because I think that after the full investigation into the University Place scandal takes place Idaho is going to be so cash poor it will be embarrasing in the extreme. No money, no boosters, no facilities, no fans = no future.

I think they currently have themselves a pretty good coach in Nick Holt; and he has them fired up to play. But they still only have two wins this season. And their only wins this season have come at home against Utah State and on a very controversial call at New Mexico State. Both of those two teams (Utah State & New Mexico State) are new to the WAC just as Idaho is. They have yet to beat even one team that was a part of the WAC last season. However, they have their chance to do that this weekend against San Jose State, but San Jose State can play a pretty good at home. Just look at how they played last season at home against Boise State.

Secondly, Nick Holt is not going to be content to stay there for much longer. I'm sure that after winning all of those games at USC and then coming to Moscow only to lose, and lose, and then lose some more, is not exactly fulfilling for him.
11-24-2005 10:32 AM
NetVandal Offline
SunBeltbbs.com Idaho INsider

I Root For: Idaho

Ahh, BlueBoy, you need to do research beyond the pitiful Statesman. Yes, the Idaho administration bit off more then they could chew with the University Place, but the debt is being rapidly paid down. Meanwhile, being back in a western conference is helping us with recruiting, and under Holt we're only getting stronger. Back to 1AA??? Not Likely. Better get accustom to the sinking feeling you had in your stomach at the start of the 3rd quarter. It didn't last this time, but you'll be feeling it again soon.
11-24-2005 08:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.